What's new

Question Is Deathstroke rushdown underrated?

Owerbart

I miss you
So I started playing Deathstroke few days ago and I'm highly surprised by his upclose game. Most of the times I end up using guns to condition my opponent to block so I have time to get in for a mix up. Only when I do have huge lifeleads I go back to zoning.

So far I've been using the 7 frame F2 and the 13-132 mix-ups. Is this that much of a bad idea? Could Deathstroke not only have remarkable zoning but a funny to play mix-up game?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
He's actually got some really dirty tricks up close. People are often under the impression that Deathstroke is worthless up close, and to that I agree with your statement, yes he is underrated. He has really good block strings and frame traps with F23. His mixups between B1U2 and F3 are really good, and the combos produced by each are of good damage. He's got that 123 > Ji3 vortex as well as his F3 corner crossup. All of his good strings are safe on block, and if it's not, you can cancel into Sword Spin which is pretty safe on block.

However, from a fair point of view, he's not the BEST at rushdown (I don't expect him to be). He doesn't have all the long range. move forwards moves as some characters, and few of his strings actually leave him positive. His combo damage is nice but not stellar.

Overall, DS is pretty good up close, just not the absolute best. It's okay though, because we've got keepaway too :)

f23 is 7 frame start up and +9
3 is 14 and +4

f32, 3 is a nice and easy frame trap which starts at 7 and leaves him at +4.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
As a DS player I want them to think that they wanna get up close because I lack tools and that all Im capable of doing is shooting guns. But shhhhhh don't share our little secret.