What's new

Breakthrough Is Batman Broken in Injustice?

Is Batman Broken?

• Total voters
So Batman's been my main since the release and doomsday used to get picked on because nobody knew how to deal with him. Now everyones bitching about my main character because they 'Can't block my crossovers' or they say that he has too many mixups that lead up into combos. Does anyone think that this is bullshit or agree with them?

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
No, he just feels like it online because he gets away with so much scrubby shit. Robats dont provide as much block stun as they do online, his mixups can be poked out of because there are holes and punishing jumps becomes prediction online rather than reaction.

You can tell who the online batmans are when you see them at tournaments because they jump all day and drop everything due to their muscle memory habits always trying to compensate for lag. They also always get blown up.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
I hate to be guy that complains but Batman is my worst nightmare. He is the only character that I still, after a month, have little to no answers for. He is crazy good and in my opinion is one of two OP characters, the other being Superman.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I hate to be guy that complains but Batman is my worst nightmare. He is the only character that I still, after a month, have little to no answers for. He is crazy good and in my opinion is one of two OP characters, the other being Superman.
Its the bats man. The bats just shut everything down. You can't answer the bats. You can't armor through them, you can't do shit. You just have to open wide and let batman do his thing...

JaredL

Or you could pushblock, denying batman's entry to the sacred hole.
I always forget. And I'm a bit meter happy chucking down lightning at his feet... I'll try to do it more often but still... fucking bats.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Its the bats man. The bats just shut everything down. You can't answer the bats. You can't armor through them, you can't do shit. You just have to open wide and let batman do his thing...
ONLINE you can't do anything. His mixups are super telegraphed and certain strings can even be punished like 22-3 (- being the hole in the string). You can do d1 xx special to the holes in his strings. Batmans are going to have to get super creative offline when they fight against people who actually know how to crouch block and block the overheads when they're coming. Robats do not provide as much blockstun offline as they do online and if he has his bats prepped you're just going to have to accept the fact that you need to learn how to block 2-3 mixups before you're free. So many people are used to the MK9 style of play which is: I do a block string, you do a block string back and forth with random safe specials thrown in between to escape pressure. I seriously hope they don't think about toning down the character until we start to see him as a problem in tournaments (WHICH WE WONT). He is just a solid character and probably the best training exercise in this game for people learning how to block properly.

I'll give you guys some damn advice. Breaking news! Push block gets rid of robats. Robats get rid of his ability to safely pressure. He pulls 3 of those bastards out, get rid of them for the cost of a bar.

JaredL

ONLINE you can't do anything. His mixups are super telegraphed and certain strings can even be punished like 22-3 (- being the hole in the string). You can do d1 xx special to the holes in his strings. Batmans are going to have to get super creative offline when they fight against people who actually know how to crouch block and block the overheads when they're coming. Robats do not provide as much blockstun offline as they do online and if he has his bats prepped you're just going to have to accept the fact that you need to learn how to block 2-3 mixups before you're free. So many people are used to the MK9 style of play which is: I do a block string, you do a block string back and forth with random safe specials thrown in between to escape pressure. I seriously hope they don't think about toning down the character until we start to see him as a problem in tournaments (WHICH WE WONT). He is just a solid character and probably the best training exercise in this game for people learning how to block properly.

I'll give you guys some damn advice. Breaking news! Push block gets rid of robats. Robats get rid of his ability to safely pressure. He pulls 3 of those bastards out, get rid of them for free.
Oh I know that, I poke out of him a lot.

He still has his parry, and as someone who plays black adam, I don't exactly have low hitting attacks. He can anti air Adam and air to air anti air adam really well. Its pretty tough due to all his tools.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Oh I know that, I poke out of him a lot.

He still has his parry, and as someone who plays black adam, I don't exactly have low hitting attacks. He can anti air Adam and air to air anti air adam really well. Its pretty tough due to all his tools.
Time to pick up an alternate character. This game will definitely evolve into a counterpicking game and there is nothing wrong with that. That being said Black Adam should still do fine against him. But I agree, Batman maybe be one of the RARE characters that can hang with Black Adam.

JaredL

Time to pick up an alternate character. This game will definitely evolve into a counterpicking game and there is nothing wrong with that. That being said Black Adam should still do fine against him. But I agree, Batman maybe be one of the RARE characters that can hang with Black Adam.
I'm pretty good with Aquaman. I could go there.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I'm pretty good with Aquaman. I could go there.
Where are we going! Yes Aquaman is a great answer to Batman. If you're having issues winning with Black Adam why wouldn't you pick a character that slips out of rush down pressure for free.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Sao87
Do you know how big the frame gaps are in his strings? Wanna know if Bane can poke out or needs to Venom up for the armor. :)

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Sao87
Do you know how big the frame gaps are in his strings? Wanna know if Bane can poke out or needs to Venom up for the armor. :)
I haven't tested. I bet you could sneak in a 9 frame or less move on his 22-3 gap which is the most common launcher of choice for dem pesky batmen.

But I can confirm 6-7's win. I feel like some d2's may get in there as well if they have good hitboxes.

Reactions: RYX