What's new

Is anyone still playing D'vorah despite how broken she is?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
There is strong evidence she is actually rather strong. I know sonic has been owning people like scar, dragon, semiji and that online since he took her up.

Can't wait for ceo as he is claiming he will be maiming her for that.. So when people see her played correctly, like with bio and Kano, I guess suddenly people will change their mind.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I think you're simplifying it a bit. Wouldn't Honeybee know her setups and how to deal with them?
Of course. You think honeybee doesn't know that you can't attack while a bug is about to hit you? But he did it anyway a few times. Knowing what to do and actually doing it are two different things.

But try it. Set dvorah to launch a combo and end with pooping bug. Then she does D4 puddle.

Get hit by the combo, block the d4, and then just walk back. You escape the puddle, you escape the pooping bug, and you're leaving her attack range.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Of course. You think honeybee doesn't know that you can't attack while a bug is about to hit you? But he did it anyway a few times. Knowing what to do and actually doing it are two different things.

But try it. Set dvorah to launch a combo and end with pooping bug. Then she does D4 puddle.

Get hit by the combo, block the d4, and then just walk back. You escape the puddle, you escape the pooping bug, and you're leaving her attack range.
What if he just does pooping bug into d1~trident rush or jk, or the low? Her setups are definitely not fake. He wasn't doing d4~puddle every single time and when he was doing it, they probably weren't expecting it and therefore not ready to deal with it.

EmberWasp10510

Imagine everything I type with Frosts voice
I can't see a disadvantage. I use her all the time in Towers and the such and she doesn't seem so bad. Of course, i'm not a person who knows what character is broken or not, but I will admit she does feel different then playing OTHER characters. I usually spam uppercuts as D'Vorah in offline because no one is there to scream "Spammer!" into the mic, so I guess she does seem broken. I still use her though. If you want some D'Vorah Kustomization tips, you can ask me because my D'Vorah variations look amazing.

I only use D'Vorah and only play rank. I love that people are scared to jump at all against her. However, my god does she have her issues. The hit box on f2-2 is horrible, the overhead that she literally jumps over their heads and gets punished is just sad, all her moves are slow, and The walking backwards meta to get out of her set ups has lost me my fair share of matches. I just don't understand how characters like Sonya exist (advancing strings, 50/50, anti airs, zoning and hits like a truck ) and characters like D'vorah exist (gets out zone, slow buttons, horrible hit boxes and low damage).

MuMuGuy

Noob
I waved the white flag on D’Vorah, she’s pure garbage.

Even Kano (MK c. 2011) and Deadshot (I2) are sympathetic to D’Vorah’s plight. Although both Kano and Deadshot were nerfed into dookie-tier status, at least they had a chance to be good characters, D’Vorah was nerfed into dookie-tier before the game even hit market.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I waved the white flag on D’Vorah, she’s pure garbage.

Even Kano (MK c. 2011) and Deadshot (I2) are sympathetic to D’Vorah’s plight. Although both Kano and Deadshot were nerfed into dookie-tier status, at least they had a chance to be good characters, D’Vorah was nerfed into dookie-tier before the game even hit market.
I think you've forgotten MK9 Kano man.