What's new

General/Other - Ancestral Is anyone going to talk about these changes?

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
  • Kung Jin - Towards+BP now has 24 startup frames (up from 19) and is -7 on block (down from -10)
  • Kung Jin (Ancestral) - Low Shot now fires 1 frame faster
  • Kung Jin (Ancestral) - Quiver activations now last 420 frames (up from 360)
  • Kung Jin (Ancestral) - Frame Data for arrow types are now shown in the movelist
  • Kung Jin (Ancestral) - Fire Arrows cause 10 more block stun frames and have increased pushback
  • Kung Jin (Ancestral) - Vampiric Arrows cause 10 more block stun frames and have increased pushback
Edit: I guess the stun arrow shall last longer now, just like we wanted.

Last edited:

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
Does
Not mean the stun arrow timer was increased?

Masta

Noob
Does
Yes , the timer is increased, that what we wanted. Now i want to see how faster is the low shot (if you can better trade with high fireball) and if the blockstun/pushback are good enough

Masta

Noob
For sure vampiric new blockstun and pushback will be helpful for meterless or metered frame traps

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Does
Oh I'm sorry I got this mixed up with start-up duration. I wonder how long the timer is for the stun arrow.

I will definitely be trying out this variation more after the changes.

I'm curious, I honestly was expecting a better buff for ancestral, he's arguably one of the worst variations in the game, so my opponent blocking a less than one second more won't change that. But we'd have to play the game first to see how it all adds up.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I'm curious, I honestly was expecting a better buff for ancestral, he's arguably one of the worst variations in the game, so my opponent blocking a little over one second more won't change that. But we'd have to play the game first to see how it all adds up.
I think the universal changes will help this variation more than the "buffs" they gave to him, mostly because I don't think KJ ever had launching armor unlike most of the cast.

My only problem I would have with this variation would be a viable punish, since he needs the stun arrow to even get good punishing damage off of other character's negative moves.

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
This needs to be exploited tomorrow.
  • Kung Jin (Ancestral) - Vampiric Arrows cause 10 more block stun frames and have increased pushback

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Not impressed with the arrows lasting 7 seconds instead of 6 buff, that's a "who cares?" kind of change imo. I don't understand why they can't just make stun arrow last until it's used or you load another arrow.

Low shot firing one frame faster seems irrelevant but I'm assuming there's some unexplained reason for that being changed.

Need to test the fire/vampiric arrow changes before I think about how much they help.

Not impressed with the arrows lasting 7 seconds instead of 6 buff, that's a "who cares?" kind of change imo. I don't understand why they can't just make stun arrow last until it's used or you load another arrow.

Low shot firing one frame faster seems irrelevant but I'm assuming there's some unexplained reason for that being changed.

Need to test the fire/vampiric arrow changes before I think about how much they help.
Dude that's exactly how I feel.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I would just really like if the stun arrow specifically would have no timer. That is all I would need or want, and I really love this variation because it's so flashy and unique.

It is just too hard for me to use without a viable way to punish unsafe moves for good damage.

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
There is really no way to tell how the universal changes will effect a character till we test it a ton. I'm not too familiar with Ancestral but maybe the changes helped him?

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
Hey now, these changes aren't half bad.
Youth, that extra second is one you didn't have before and one that works well with how long his combos are.

And the impact of those 1f speed ups now let's him utilize full screen zoning.

A before and after test I did with a friend showed me

Pre patch
He does an arrow shot in the sky, lands and shoots a low shot immediately I could reversal the air shot and trade fireballs

Post patch
If I try to reversal fireball I eat a low arrow and he blocks my fireball

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Hey now, these changes aren't half bad.
Youth, that extra second is one you didn't have before and one that works well with how long his combos are.

And the impact of those 1f speed ups now let's him utilize full screen zoning.

A before and after test I did with a friend showed me

Pre patch
He does an arrow shot in the sky, lands and shoots a low shot immediately I could reversal the air shot and trade fireballs

Post patch
If I try to reversal fireball I eat a low arrow and he blocks my fireball
So you can't trade with low shot anymore? What character were you testing with may I ask?