What's new

IPS predictions and why this is bigger than who wins

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I think Sonic or Theo (most likely Sonic) will win this because he has the best team of characters.
This tournament will probably be full of Deadshots (hopefully I'm wrong) and characters that cna fight him but I really hope these players didn't choose a pocket Catwoman, Flash or Cheetah for the Deadshot MU since Sonic wil be there and we already know what happens with Sonic's Captain Cold against rushdown characters. I hope they went for the better choice, which IMO is Supergirl (which is also why I think Theo can win this)
They are ALL amazing players but in this game you need a strong team of characters to be able to fully compete as it's been shown.

If Semiij has a pocket Starfire just for the Cold MU he might win too, as a matter of fact I think ANYONE can take it if they play their cards well with the match-ups like Sonic has, I hope I am wrong and the least expected player takes it tho.

Not to mention Starfire is legal now and things might change a bit.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I would like to thing Semiji has a high chance.. but he seams to find it hard in majors. Crushing War of the Gods but getting knocked out of top 8 all the time..... I dunno.

I think that Sonic is really the only chance to win. Maybe vs Theo or Whiteboy, but I suspect Dragon. Theo and Sonic have been teasing hidden technology for Supergirl.. so that might be a game changer... otherwise everyone has met each other before and no one has really had answers to Sonic's wide counter pick list. No matter who you play, he seams to have a character that just owns it. Like Semiji... CC shuts down catwoman so hard he needs to go to a pocket, and his pocket ain't up to it. (just one example).

I think some of the big names are held back by their character choices. Foxy, FK and Slayer for example play the most common characters in the game. Everyone knows those MUs backwards. I think all these guys have answers for those chars on lock down and while they will get far, they will not make it.

The Wild Cards like Madzin, Bio and Tekken Master.. who knows. I would LOVE Madzin to win it all he is defiantly the sentimental favourite around my way, still I doubt it. Same for Tekken Master. It just seams that they both haven't found the way yet for IJ2. Though maybe Madzin will break out Sub-Zero as he was godlike with him in MKx and Buffalo is confirming my thoughts that Sub is MEGA strong. Subs damage output is off the chain. So maybe Madzin will show up with something new. Bio is just a who knows. I think he gets shut down pretty hard once the sets will get late.

Dragon for me is the guy with a chance.. He has a few great complimentary picks to work with. WW is a great pick vs many of the mains on this bracket list and the MU knowledge vs WW with a player of Dragons skill is low. Plus he has Aqua, BA and even Ivy on deck if needed. I think out of everyone he is the most adaptive player that has a chance in the counter pick game vs Sonic.

Well lets not be a pussy... so I'm calling : Sonic vs Dragon for Grand Finals.

GO MADZIN!! I want you to win!

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Interesting.. I didn't think of that. I believe at least we may see Foxy run her then.. that could be a game changer.
Pretty sure a lot of people are using her as main or secondary.
Actually tomorrow we might see if this "Starfire is broken" statement most players were into is right or not. I personally think we will definitely see her but not as much as people are expecting it, I think Deadshot will still be prevalent.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
MKX was the first fighting game to make it to ESL, and now IJ2 is on ESPN2. We are only getting bigger and better. Our community, NRS and WB, both us and them, we all made our parts to get to where we are today. And it is legitimately huge beyond any possible belief.

As to who wins, I hope it's either Semij just because he can pull out Ivy at any moment or Whiteboi just because of his Scarecrow. Regardless, good luck to everyone in the tourney!

I hope Hayatei has a pocket Starfire. Robin is gonna get counter picked. He needs something to deal with those crazy match ups. Also if he runs into Dragon he'll have a hard time opening up.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
20-30mins of screen time hardly counts as been on tv.

now if they do it for every major...

20-30mins of screen time hardly counts as been on tv.

now if they do it for every major...
What's the point about being cynical about this? Like, it's a first and people are excited about that and you want to be negative about it? No game gets every major shown on TV. Thats holding NRS to an impossible standard.

Finals are set for 2 hours. Top 4 is probably gonna take maybe an hour with all the fanfare and commercials.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
What's the point about being cynical about this? Like, it's a first and people are excited about that and you want to be negative about it? No game gets every major shown on TV. Thats holding NRS to an impossible standard.

Finals are set for 2 hours. Top 4 is probably gonna take maybe an hour with all the fanfare and commercials.
i'm existed too but it should had been the entire top8, plus look the exact same thing happened to SFV. It got low ratings, it wasn't talk about by the popular media/casual tv watchers or w.e and it never went back to be played on cable tv ever again.