What's new

Invisible Ermac!

I don't know if this is new but I find it pretty cool. What you do is one person be liu kang, one person be ermac, and the person who is ermac walk to the opposite side of the screen and liu kang bicycle kick, and at the exact moment liu kang hits you, teleport and ermac will turn invisible! :D

E: My friend told me its my connection, could this be the reason? :(

I don't know if this is new but I find it pretty cool. What you do is one person be liu kang, one person be ermac, and the person who is ermac walk to the opposite side of the screen and liu kang bicycle kick, and at the exact moment liu kang hits you, teleport and ermac will turn invisible! :D

E: My friend told me its my connection, could this be the reason? :(
I've only seen the Ermac v. Rsmoke trick to making this happen via sugar showing it to me. It's definately nothing new considering its' been in the combo vids for a while now. Cool stuff though.

It works with a lot of things, like Jax dash punch, ermac tele = invis ermac. It's a good technique, get an invis ermac doing some tele slams =]

dreemernj

Ambassador
I think the first time I saw this was in footage of UMK3 from a tournament (playing on a machine). I think Robo smoke got an air throw on him right after he turned invisible to do the teleport in air and he ended up staying invisible. Pretty funny.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It is seen in Lex vs Moe from MWC 2004 I believe. I don't know if there's any footage of it older than that. Basically if you air throw someone who is invisible, or yeah the Bike kick etc, they stay invisible. Ermac turns invisible until he gets back on the screen, so he's really there still when he disappears. If you air throw him before he leaves the screen, he'll stay invisible.

could someone post a link to some videos that have this glitch. I have never seen or heard about it until now, an invisible ermac would deadly in the right hands.

It is seen in Lex vs Moe from MWC 2004 I believe. I don't know if there's any footage of it older than that. Basically if you air throw someone who is invisible, or yeah the Bike kick etc, they stay invisible. Ermac turns invisible until he gets back on the screen, so he's really there still when he disappears. If you air throw him before he leaves the screen, he'll stay invisible.
LOL I still need to get this video from you!

could someone post a link to some videos that have this glitch. I have never seen or heard about it until now, an invisible ermac would deadly in the right hands.
It's not you can be like "Come on, air throw me...now!" when you're in a competitive match. It's something that if it happens take advantage of it, but it's rare.

Yeah, it's not really a good tactic. if it happens, fucking act like a maniac and don't get hit.

It'll happen like 1 out of 25 matces.

It's not you can be like "Come on, air throw me...now!" when you're in a competitive match. It's something that if it happens take advantage of it, but it's rare.
IMO, the odds are so much higher if the opponent is liu kang because people bicycle kick all the time, not many people air throw, well at least people I've played. :O

FILER

Noob
If Ermac had invisablitiy, he'd be #2 on the UMK3 Tier list, easily above H.Smoke & Kung.

Same here, its kinda easy to do with Robo Homo.

And god I love to irratate the shit outta people with his air throw. :D
An invisible teleporting ninja with possible 50-80% combos midscreen???

Easily #1 in my book.

With a teleport you can create so much distance from your opponent at anytime you could be invisible the entire match. It would be impossible to stop a skilled Ermac player who used intellegent invis.

I've seen invisible Ermac in H Smoke vs Ermac matches almost every time there has been a major tournament at the Break.
Seriously? I've only seen this Twice in an actual game EVER. Once with a Bike kick and another with a Robo Smoke air throw. It's always accidental as well.

1 Out of 3000 then.

Tim Static

Adminerator
This isnt really all that hard to do.

With Robo Homo, Run underneath a teleporting Ermac and jump + air throw quickly. Happens almost every time.

And this only happens to Ermac becasue he is the only ninja that has the explosion a la Reptiles inviisability when he teleports.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The reason why you don't see it online much is netplay. I've never seen it online but I started seeing it when I started going to tournaments and I've seen it in tournament footage from other tournaments. Remember the amount of characters who can achieve it is extremely limited. You will most often see it in Ermac H Smoke matches, but again those players have to be ridiculously fast and you're chances of seeing that online are even less.

The reason why you don't see it online much is netplay. I've never seen it online but I started seeing it when I started going to tournaments and I've seen it in tournament footage from other tournaments. Remember the amount of characters who can achieve it is extremely limited. You will most often see it in Ermac H Smoke matches, but again those players have to be ridiculously fast and you're chances of seeing that online are even less.
It's still always accidental though. What numbers would you give it then? 1 out of 200?