What's new

Strategy Invisibility uses.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Hey guys, had a little glance at a thread in the reptile forum, showing a way that his invisibility can be used to bait out and set up your oponents > http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?9063-New-discovery

Now smokes invis is almost useless, and im not hugely good with smoke as i havent put much into him, so could anyone help me out with this and give me an idea of when might be a good time to use this, whats a good safe string to try it on and such?

Its not so much a numerical or physical bonus to be invisible as a mind game, but its gotta be worth something!

Any thoughts?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
well, the cool thing about Smoke is that you can cancel any of his strings at any time with any special (this includes linking them in at the end of strings).

So my suggestion for doing this as a fake out would be to do it mid string. For example, if they block a 3d12, you can cancel the 2 with invis. Your milage out of this will be completely dependent on your opponent, however.

Reptile's invis seems to be a bit faster than Smoke's, so this might not be a viable tactic at all.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
yeah noticed the speed issue, its pretty good though, invisibility fakes coupled with EX Shake is what im thinking now, mainly because people become overly aggressive and freak out if you go invisible, like were about to invent a mix up or something ;)

SZSR

Noob
well, the cool thing about Smoke is that you can cancel any of his strings at any time with any special (this includes linking them in at the end of strings).

So my suggestion for doing this as a fake out would be to do it mid string. For example, if they block a 3d12, you can cancel the 2 with invis. Your milage out of this will be completely dependent on your opponent, however.

Reptile's invis seems to be a bit faster than Smoke's, so this might not be a viable tactic at all.
The different thing with Smoke though is that when he turns on his invisibility, he takes a step back. So essentially if you're good with spacing your opponent (i'm not lol), you can use that to space yourself and bait your opponent at the same time and punish with his long reaching normals.

Additionally, if you do b+2, 3 but your opponent is not falling good enough to follow up with a smoke bomb, just turn on invisibility. It doesn't open a world of options, but it keeps your opponent on edge.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Mind games, keeps people in check and plays a different track to just block string > smoke bomb > block string i guess

Altsa

In corner 2,1,4 smokebomb, 3,2 3,2 3,2 2,1,4 EN invisibilty followed by crossover jump in punch into 3,d1,2 on hit continue the combo otherwise do d+1 into smokebomb. Extremely cool looking and confuses the sh*t out of your opponent.

Smoke is pretty easy to turtle once the opponent has a life lead so that is when I use it. Gets them out of the standing block and makes them start to play again.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Smokes INV is not useless, its actually one of his better assets that not many people use correctly.
It is majorly underused. Thats the reason for this thread really, to get some more ideas about when its good and safe to use, and when its going to be a benefit to you to use it instead of just a gimmick.

Turning invisible and just dash blocking back a few paces is a great way to test your opponents reactions to it. Its rare for a player to just act normal and stay calm about it, more often than not i get people start going highly aggressive just to try and get you back on the screen. A lot of people will blind teleport ive noticed too, but im not so sure thats going to happen in high level play because people just arent that stupid.Theres also people who will block or play highly defensive to try and counter it. Once youve got a bit of an idea as to their tactic for countering your invisibility though you can use it put more of an edge on smokes punish play though, which is what hes good at!

Another quick question - how viable is invisibility as a wake up attack: does it have any invinsibility, is it safe to use. And also as a ground game strategy, instead of just teleporting into the opponents face, is it viable to invisibility, will there be time or is it too dangerous and risks getting wake up pounded?