What's new

Introducing the Official TYM Frame Data Bot

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
TYMers!!

I'd like to introduce you to a useful tool we call 'CrimBot 1.0'. Many of you are already familiar with it, but for those of you that aren't:

In TYM Chat, there is a bot that will respond to requests for frame data. It's very simple to use:

!frames will give the frame data for a move. Ex:
  • !frames sub zero 2
  • !frames johnny cage f33b3
  • !frames kenshi spirit charge
  • !frames lk xray
You can also ask for specific frames
  • !frames kenshi sc block -- Will give you the frames for Kenshi's Spirit Charge on Block
  • !frames stryker 4 cancelhit -- Will give you the cancel advantage on hit for Stryker's standing 4
!specials will list the special move names for a character, if you need to look them up
  • eg. !specials sindel
Many moves and character names have shortcuts, eg. exdp for EX Dash Punch or sz for Sub Zero. And there are hidden alternate character names that you can use for many of the characters, which include names of some of our favorite community personalities.

A number of us are using the bot already, and it saves a lot of time -- I hope you enjoy :)

PS. I'll be upgrading the bot regularly to add features. Send me a message or come talk to me in chat if you have any questions. Thanks to Somberness for the data, and to FrothyOmen, soonk, Tolkeen, and Playpal for testing, feature suggestions, and moral support.

Attachments

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Awesome idea.

Would it be difficult to implement specific scenarios to find out for example if Player A can punish Player B's string / move? For example with smoke you can punish reptiles dash if blocked with 2, 1 sb. Would be cool if you could input different 'scenarios' like this.

Cheers,

All you've gotta do is ask for

!frames reptile dash
!frames smoke 2

I'm sure everyone is capable of the basic math to figure that one out :)

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
This is great.

I hope we can carry on with this to Injustice. We can never stop thanking Somberness for his work. In fact, I'm more of the idea that we should give him somewhat of a gift. We can send people from the UK to the US but we have not given anything to Somberness outside a title?

Anywho, I'd also like to say that we need to get our nomenclature sorted

let's take 214slide by subzero. There's no true way of telling if it's meant to be 2+1, 4, slide, or if it's 2,1+4, then wait a bit and link it to a slide as the opponent falls down.
This isn't that related to the bot's functions(as you would only input 214 since the slide has different properties), but I think that it'd save us time for the newcomers that Injustice will get us.

swag1

EX smash solves all
how would i get frames for a cancelled special (ex. how to get stryker gun cancel)

swag1

!frames stryker gun

Look at the Duration frames. It'll be a range 25-something, the lowest end of that range is the first frame you can cancel the gun.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Thanks again everyone :)

swag1: if you look at the Execution frames for a cancellable special, that's the number of frames it takes that move to start up. That amount -1 is usually the minimum duration for a cancelled move.

For example:

!frames stryker gun
gives:
Execution: 26, 41 (29, 44 full screen)
and Duration: 25-242

So you can see that the minimum duration is 25 frames, 1 less than the execution.

Edit: I see Frothy beat me to it.