What's new

Intro Dialogues So Far

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Shoutouts to Gamer's Little Playground for posting all these.

Intros are pretty good and I like Scorpion and Sonya's new voice actors. Also something of note: Scorpion and Sonya mention Cassie during intro dialogues lending even more to her inclusion.

Skarlet mentions Shao Kahn and some possible interesting story threads too.

Sonya

Sub-Zero

Skarlet

Raiden

Geras

Scorpion

Baraka

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Alright, don't kill me, but besides a few 'ehh...' lines, Sonya's voice is starting to grow on me.

Also, I love how the dynamic between Scorpion and Sub Zero is far less hostile after their truce. CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!
Sonya's voice isn't bad, she's just not as good as Sub Zero's or Raiden's.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Probably the VA strike stuff. Same reason Ashly Burch isn't Cassie anymore. She wasn't in that Life Is Strange prequel as Chloe for the same reason.
If that were the issue, Raiden and Sub-Zero would have been replaced as well. IJ2 was likely affected by the strike, but it was resolved long before MK11 would have gone into production.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Sonya's voice isn't bad, she's just not as good as Sub Zero's or Raiden's.
Basically. But with the way some folks reacted to Sonya Rousey, you'd think they hired Tommy Wiseau for the part, which, saying it out loud, would've totally made me a Sonya main of they did.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Basically. But with the way some folks reacted to Sonya Rousey, you'd think they hired Tommy Wiseau for the part, which, saying it out loud, would've totally made me a Sonya main of they did.
Yeah, but her old voice actress was better in my opinion, so giving the job to someone less talented as a marketing move still leaves a bad taste in my mounth personally.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I love how Baraka seems to be somewhat respected by the majority of the cast and not treat him as a joke...except for Geras...

Geras: Submit your tribe to Kronika

Baraka: Tarkatans do not submit Geras

Geras: It is their ENTIRE history

#rekt

Also idk why it took me so long to realize it but Raiden's VA is definitely the guy who did Old Joseph Joestar in the dub lol

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I love how Baraka seems to be somewhat respected by the majority of the cast and not treat him as a joke...except for Geras...

Geras: Submit your tribe to Kronika

Baraka: Tarkatans do not submit Geras

Geras: It is their ENTIRE history

#rekt

Also idk why it took me so long to realize it but Raiden's VA is definitely the guy who did Old Joseph Joestar in the dub lol
Honestly it’s weird hearing Baraka talk this much, and sound... wise?

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Honestly it’s weird hearing Baraka talk this much, and sound... wise?
I love it tbh. I have always liked the character and felt NRS has kind of treated him badly in recent years so its nice seeing him not only seem somewhat respected, but like you said a bit wise as well lol

It also seems he is the current leader of a Tarkatan tribe (whether that means all Tarkatans or not is unknown, but I feel like since they chose the word tribe there must be many different tribes of them in Outworld rather than one unified race)

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
A new threat from chaosrealm? I doubt it means anything, but I always thought it would be cool to make chaosrealm protector a tine godess, and if this is the case I will be so happy.

Also, it seems Geras is inmortal and has some sort of magical conection to Kronika. I hope she is playable too.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I love it tbh. I have always liked the character and felt NRS has kind of treated him badly in recent years so its nice seeing him not only seem somewhat respected, but like you said a bit wise as well lol

It also seems he is the current leader of a Tarkatan tribe (whether that means all Tarkatans or not is unknown, but I feel like since they chose the word tribe there must be many different tribes of them in Outworld rather than one unified race)
I thought he was always their leader?

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
The level of deference and respect given to Baraka at least from the mortal characters and even Raiden is striking to me.

This Baraka is scarier than older versions of the character to me because he has a royal and intellectual air to him. People actually want his respect (Sonya) and want to have a truce with him (Raiden). He is treated as extremely relevant and he reminds me of the same vain as ancient warriors: extremely violent, but precise and definitely on my radar.

Glad they did him right in this game like they did Goro in the previous.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
The level of deference and respect given to Baraka at least from the mortal characters and even Raiden is striking to me.
I can imagine the story mode having a sub plot where Raiden tries to recruit Baraka's tribe to bolster Earthrealm's defenses. Considering how Kotal's coup directly led to the death of mkx Baraka, I can't imagine the Tarkatans are too eager to claim loyalty to him