What's new

Interesting vid: Consequences Of Reducing The Skill Gap

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax

Give this a watch.

What do you guys think? Do you think NRS games fit into this somehow? I feel we have been lucky to not have this happen since from the get go the new NRS games have been pick up and play from the start and hard to master. It also seems we don't have to rely on lucky and NRs rewards us for being good at the game still. I think NRS and Lab Zero(Well, I should give credit to Bandai Namco too.) have found that happy medium Capcom guys want so badly.

Last edited:

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
It's funny, I was just l thinking about posting this video here.

I don't know if I really agree that NRS doesn't fall into this same issue. I think MKX pretty much was this issue and with Inj2 with the reversal system issue Tom Brady is talking about, it seems like NRS does fall victim to this issue. But that's just how I see it.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
On one hand, they added a similar 3f buffer for normal reversal execution, and the input window so stupidly generous in general, so you could say that in some aspects they are definitely trying to dumb it down a little.

however in other aspects you see things get trickier at the higher levels, like dash cancelling being turned into run cancelling, iAFB inputs being changed to make it harder, ridiculously hard stuff like insta air DD1 inputs, and just more universal inputs in general. Theres incredible amounts of depth and skill to air teching, and is much more complex than just breaker. Same with clashes too. Same comparison can be made of MB roll compared to running.

I'd say NRS is probably taking directions that actually increase the skill gap really, or at the very least isn't holding it back

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
On one hand, they added a similar 3f buffer for normal reversal execution, and the input window so stupidly generous in general, so you could say that in some aspects they are definitely trying to dumb it down a little.

however in other aspects you see things get trickier at the higher levels, like dash cancelling being turned into run cancelling, iAFB inputs being changed to make it harder, ridiculously hard stuff like insta air DD1 inputs, and just more universal inputs in general. Theres incredible amounts of depth and skill to air teching, and is much more complex than just breaker. Same with clashes too. Same comparison can be made of MB roll compared to running.

I'd say NRS is probably taking directions that actually increase the skill gap really, or at the very least isn't holding it back
I feel the skill gap is pretty large in this game, and a lot of it has to do with the neutral

You definitely can't just throw stuff out in Injustice 2, or you will be whiff punished to oblivion. If someone doesn't have their spacing or footsies together, they will get absolutely wrecked in this game by those who do. Also, being patient and working your way through zoning in a smart fashion seems to be a separator.

Wow this was really good. thank you for the share. As a lover of David Sirlin games, I'm of the opposite belief that fgc games needs to be more accessible. but, its good to hear the other view.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Just now checkin this...derp. anyway I feel NRS games have stayed the same with difficult wise and not dumb down or remove tech from our games like some other companies do.