What's new

Interesting LOLz about Skeletal Boost

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
So...take of this what you want, I find it interesting.

I've been trying to work SB into my game here lately. (Hows that going you might ask? Not that well.)

However, here's something neat I didn't notice before. If you happen to get a SB off in the middle of a match, and you're able to avoid being hit...

a) If you get Damage boost, yay! Now go try to start a combo...
b) If you get Health boost...

Try to get in and hit them with a trance, or combo into trace before Health Boost (your green aura) disappears. If you manage this, you can actually reapply SB in the middle of the trance walk. You know, where you would normally build meter.

You're at the mercy of what SB decides to give you (health or damage), but if you get damage, well, depending on what quick combo you started with, this can lead to you finally landing some decent damage with SB active..Woolay!

I have not played around with this too much, but I wanna start. Doubt its new, but if you didn't know about it, please, play around with this mechanic of SB some, and see if you can find something else I might be missing about it.

Edit: Including my post later in this thread, i've put this and that together, and will be making a short video soon, found out how to include both of these concepts together into a working idea.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Wow i didnt know that. Does it work with Ex SB as well? ill try to incorporate it into my game for a bit

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
Yes, yes it does.

Theres one problem with it, i've been sitting here messing around with it, the timing is somewhat strict.

SB has to run out during the trance for you to be able to re-boost. If it wears off during the combo, you can't re-boost. You're also going to want to be sure you don't go too fast, cause you can't re-boost if you're still under the effects of the first boost...you'll run out of trance time.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I always wondered why people didn't use the boost after landing a trance. don't you get it for free?

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
I always wondered why people didn't use the boost after landing a trance. don't you get it for free?
Na, you don't. It won't allow you to. This, as of now, seems to be the only way to get a SB off of a trance...problem being you have to do one of the most unsafe moves in the entire game to pull it off...which is to SB in the first place =P

If Quan could SB off of any trance...i'd be so happy

Red Son

Noob
I started to play as Quan lately, and I decided to make him my third main, since I don't have one. So I was trying to do de SB in the middle of the match. Always in a match that the Ex.Skull hits the opponent I have time to make de SB, because the stagger after de Ex.Skull takes a long time to disappear. I don't know if you've noticed that, but if you don't I hope it can help you guys.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I started to play as Quan lately, and I decided to make him my third main, since I don't have one. So I was trying to do de SB in the middle of the match. Always in a match that the Ex.Skull hits the opponent I have time to make de SB, because the stagger after de Ex.Skull takes a long time to disappear. I don't know if you've noticed that, but if you don't I hope it can help you guys.
Yeah, I think EX skull on hit is the only time you have to use SB in a match, though I never use it as I feel it's very gimmicky at the moment.

Goldi

Noob
Nice find!

I noticed something interesting about SB. Probably pointless, but Quan can't be grabbed while he's boosting. A million nasty things can still happen, just not throws, lol.

Just thought I'd share, someone more talented than myself might find a use for it.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I've played one Quan Chi who skeletal boosted.

I hit him with a 41% kombo and vortexed him. Moral of the story? I'd never use it.

myth

Noob
I've played one Quan Chi who skeletal boosted.

I hit him with a 41% kombo and vortexed him. Moral of the story? I'd never use it.
I've had my two best wins with skeletal boost.
3rd round Quan (me) vs Sub.
Hes got me in the corner and waiting me out with the health advangate of like 10% (quan) vs 50%.
Did the skeletal boost in desperation and got the damage boost. Immediately jump his slide and threw a naked trance behind him.

2,1 X-Ray is 52%-- Quan Chi wins.

skeletal boost is a trick card.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Yea, if you throw out a skull after the uppercut to check the opponent, you can steal a boost every 3rd or 2nd time.

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
Hey, I was going to make a new thread about this, but I figured I could just put it here since it still involves SB.

Was dinking around with it again, and...I never noticed this, but...

If your under damage boost/En. SB, and you go into rune trap, as long as you do the trap properly (frames, unavoidable, blah) You can actually remain under the effects of the same boost.

Try it. Go to practice, meter to full, give yourself a damage boost, and do the rune trap. So long as you get the timing down, you'll get the boosted damage for all three (or however many you do) rune traps. On block, just the traps itself look to take over 50%. Try it out, what do yall think of this?

It also works with JIP rune traps, 11 sky drop into rune traps, etc.

EDIT: added a edit to the first post, found out how to combine these two together, video coming shortly in a new thread

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
1. SB takes an animation of 77 frames before you can move plus another couple frames to block. Every character in the game an punish SB full screen on reaction making it a completely useless move.
2. You can't use SB while you're opponent is tranced, if you could it would be way over powered.

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
1. SB takes an animation of 77 frames before you can move plus another couple frames to block. Every character in the game an punish SB full screen on reaction making it a completely useless move.
2. You can't use SB while you're opponent is tranced, if you could it would be way over powered.

There is a way. Watch my other thread to see how. Theres some other, useful ways its handy included there as well

D

Deleted member 9158

The only time I've ever used it, was on accident. I ended up getting bodied as a result

Flagg

Noob
I've heard about using it when you trade with another projectile.

When people say they have SB tech, how good is it? I mean I can SB in the middle of the combo, but the developers have done something that the boost will only last a second or so, in the middle of a juggle.

I'm convinced there is a relatively safe way of getting the full boost without being punished.