What's new

Interactibles - Which game does it better?

Better at Interactibles: MKX or Injustice?

• MKX

• Injustice

Results are only viewable after voting.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
When Injustice first dropped, there was a shitload of controversy over interactibles and the ultimate role/impact they should have in deciding matches in fighting games. I'm just wondering if people think MKX improved on them.

Personally, I actually prefer the over-the-top nature of Injustice's interactibles, but I'm curious to see where people stand on this issue almost one year into MKX's lifespan.

(I also really loved background bounce combos)

I do miss the bouncing interactables of IGAU because it made for some swag combos. I don't miss the fact they were unblockable (grrrr that damn pig!), OTG'd and that they were different for power/speed characters (tho a cool idea it just seemed too favorable for some). My vote goes to MKX. Also MKX has a better variety of interactables as well IMO.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Injustice interactables were much better.

I can't wait for them to be unblockable again in IGAU 2
I agree with you, but I wouldnt' be so sure they will be unblockable in Injustice 2. That seemed to be a wildly unpopular feature. I always loved it becaue I played bane and level three interactibles were the shit.

Schuyler

Noob
People say they cater towards the power characters but thats not true. Some gadget characters had pretty cool resets with the interactables. Plus in injustice yuo can combo off of them. So the players that put in the time to learn how to get max damage mid screen on each stage succeeded. In mkx you cant combo off of them like you can in igau so it really doesn't matter. I like how the intercatables come into play.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
People say they cater towards the power characters but thats not true. Some gadget characters had pretty cool resets with the interactables. Plus in injustice yuo can combo off of them. So the players that put in the time to learn how to get max damage mid screen on each stage succeeded. In mkx you cant combo off of them like you can in igau so it really doesn't matter. I like how the intercatables come into play.
There were definitely non-power characters that had some serious reset dirt with interactibles (Joker, for instance), but seriously, they catered to power characters. LOL.

Schuyler

Noob
There were definitely non-power characters that had some serious reset dirt with interactibles (Joker, for instance), but seriously, they catered to power characters. LOL.
batgirl and Batman had infinites as long as they had meter in the corner. I know a dog ass reset with harley in the corner. It depends on your stage tbh.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Interactables were one of worst aspects of Injustice, if not the worst of them all. It was a massive turn off, specially in stages like Metropolis. There was absolutely nothing "fun" or "awesome" about them.

In fact, when MKX was announced and interactables were confirmed, I thought "Well, this game will suck hard. F*ck NRS and f*ck Injustice." Thank God I was wrong since this time around they're balanced and blockable. Now they play a minor part in every fight and I'm super glad they balanced them the way they did.

Honestly, I'm surprised how this is even a question. MKX all the way.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Mkx has much better balance with their intractables but they were a lot more fun in injustice. It's a lot more satisfying to drop a car on someone or kick them into a gorilla over throwing a pot or swinging on a vine.

Interactables were one of worst aspects of Injustice, if not the worst of them all. It was a massive turn off, specially in stages like Metropolis. There was absolutely nothing "fun" or "awesome" about them.

In fact, when MKX was announced and interactables were confirmed, I thought "Well, this game will suck hard. F*ck NRS and f*ck Injustice." Thank God I was wrong since this time around they're balanced and blockable. Now they play a minor part in every fight and I'm super glad they balanced them the way they did.

Honestly, I'm surprised how this is even a question. MKX all the way.
Visually the interactables were better but the properties were broken as hell, I was a noob online warrior and it was sooo hard to dodge the shits... I hated it. But I agree with you 100%, the map should play a minor part in fighting games, this ain't Call of Duty, it's not fair somebody like Deathstroke could pick a map with mobility and just zone you all day. Now that I think of it, Injustice was of unbalanced in that aspect and it's beyond me how some people think Injustice interactables were better than MKX interactables.