What's new

Guide Interactable meta, bane otgs, and lots of words

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
An element of the game I think people have been ignoring(starting to play around with in some scenes, but not enough)is the massive combo potential interactables have. Right now they seem to have a situational/random use, but I feel we shouldnt be looking at interactables the way we do. These are similarly occurring, combo extenders and enders that can grant really good damage and set ups. I think every character will be able to take advantage of them in their own special way(if they cant then they suck), and they will be able to pretty much repeat that way across all the maps with some variation. When we start to use interactables to enhance our combos we can reach touch of death damage in some cases(my sparing partner spent like an hour on batcave and found a 100% loop for 4 bars with batman. This loop starts from really any hit confirm..kinda dumb)all while looking really really hype.

I feel that bane is really strong in this meta as a power character. Most all of his interactable combos are unblockable otg resets that provide a hard knockdown, he uses no meter to access these combos(but can to increase damage), and his trait adds damage to the interactable. This leads me to believe superman is still the best in the game, but thats yet to be proven(he could remove wake ups as an option against any knockdown though..that'd be pretty broken). I really encourage others to see what their characters can do.

I have done a guide for all the interactables on each map that bane can play around with. This guide is 90% solid, unavoidable damage. Know that there are many more set ups, resets, and situational gimmicks that may pay off if you look around for it and try them out(bane has quite a few of these, only listed one that does 100% in the guide I believe). The guide is also pretty long so I will post the first five maps, with some select stuff that I liked in other maps. I will email the full pdf guide to anyone that asks.

I did pretty well keeping consistent with this guide, but there might be some errors. Note that 90% of these are combos that are unavoidable(I will state when tech rolls can avoid or if it only hits tech rolls). I also worked out better combos later into the guide I believe so if you see some new combos added thats why. Also there are no BGB(background bounce)combos in this guide. That interactable has its own specific properties in set ups that are talked about in the vortex thread.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interactable combos

Batcave:
Crime lab:
Right side Missiles
:

Corner - midscreen carry meterless:

Cross up jd3, 11xxinteractable~dash, b3, j2, 12xxBGB~body press 47% no venom 67% lvl 2 at b3 51%

Super reset gimmick 4 bars:

Cross up jd3, 11xxinteractable~dash, b3(go to lvl 3), j2, 12xxinteractable, 12~super. Super slightly after the opponent hits the ground. Only escapeable by some wake ups and supers. 100+%

Cross up charge gimmick:

Cross up jd3, 11xxinteractable~charge.

V1: Input charge when the opponent is hit by rockets. Cross up, beaten by wake ups, beaten by holding down

V2:Input charge slightly after opponent is hit by rockets. Non cross up, functions like normal charge.

30% no charge no venom, 34% no charge (lvl 2 at xxintractable)

45% with charge no venom, 52% with charge (lvl 2 at xxinteractable)

Easier corner meterless max:

Cross up d3, 11xxinteractable~dash, j2, 12xxBP. 43% no venom 51% lvl 2 at xxinteractable

Two bars carry:

Cross up jd3, 11xxinteractable~dash, f2dxxMBb3, j2, 1xxinteractable~BP 51% no venom 53% lvl 2 xxinteractable

Lagoon:

Electric wire fixture on:

B23, J2xxinteractable 33% as otg combo no venom 38% as otg combo lvl2 after b23, 32 % combo no venom 37% combo lvl2 after b23

This combos if done closer to the corner, otg's if the fixture is closer to being directly under bane. Otgs tech rolls too at proper distance.

B3, j2xxinteractable 33% as a combo no venom 39% lvl2 at b3, 34% as otg no venom 42% as otg lvl 2 at b3(51% at lvl3)

This combos if done closer to the corner, otgs if the fixture is closer to being directly in front of bane

Wires exposed:
There are many combos and situations to combo into this so ill just give basics to play around this one

these are good and practical starters into the wires:

b23 strings(harder to combo b3 after b23, 12 ect)

strings canceled into Vupper

strings canceled into mbb3 bounce cancel(some into mb f3 bounce cancel)

f2d2
b3
d2

It seems to be optimal to go for the b3 after the the wire juggle. Then going into j2, 12xxBP if the j2 connects. Can pretty easily squeeze 40+% no venom 50+% on venom confirm at the hit into the electric wires with low damage starters

Gothom City: Rooftop
Left Batsignal:

D2xxinteractable otg's for 25% no venom 30% lvl2 at xxinteractable. Otgs tech rolls too

Opponent in corner:

Cross up jd3, 113xxinteractable 38% no venom 43% lvl2 at xxinteractable. Otgs tech rolls too

Air conditioning unit:
Whenever you are in range to cancel into the interactable

D2xxinteractable otg's for 23% no venom 27% lvl 2 at xxinteractable

b23, d2xxinteractable 31% no venom 36% lvl2 after b23

Right side water tower:

Opponent in corner:

Cross up jd3, d2~njxxinteractable otg's for 34% no venom 39% lvl2 at xxinteractable, only otg's tech rolls

Cross up jd3, 113~back jumpxxinteractable otg's for 38% no venom 43% lvl2 at xxinteractable, otg's tech rolls too

Alley:

Left side corner tanker:

Opponent in corner:

Cross up jd3, d2xxinteractable otgs for 32% no venom 36% lvl 2 at xxinteract

Dumpster:
Lots of strings can cancel into the dumpster to otg. If you can always cancel into the interactable to otg as it does more meterless than any optimal combo. With venom its easy to get past 50% with this one

113xx
d2x interact
b23xxinteract
b23, d2xxinteract ( otgs for 33% no venom 40% lvl2 after b23)
b23, 1xxinteract
b23, 12xxinteract
b23, 123xxinteract

All of these otg on tech roll and non tech rolled knockdowns

Right side neon lights:
When in the corner:

Nj3xxinteractable otgs for 31% no venom 36% lvl2 at xxinteractable, works pretty well on block for 20% no venom,

The Myscara:

Temple:

Left side corner fire pit:

Cross up jd3, d2, 1xxinteract otgs for 36% no venom, only otgs tech rolls

Cross up jd3, d2, d2xxinteractable otgs for 37% no venom 43% lvl2 after first d2, otgs tech rolls too

Lion heads:

D2, jumpxxinteractable 23% 27% lvl2 after d2 otgs tech rolls too

B23, d2~ jumpxxinteractable 31% no venom 42% lvl 3 after b23, otgs tech rolls too, can be done whenever you are in range to immediately cancel your jump into the interactable

Right side tree:

Cross up jd3, d2, d2xxinteractable otgs for no venom 39% no venom 45% lvl 2 after first d2, otgs tech rolls too

Set ups after the tree otg:

To get cross up charge, mash d1 after xxinteractable to time. After d1 input charge immediately. Delay slightly for non cross up

For cross up f3/b3 off hard knockdown, mash d1 after xxinteractable to time then immediately dash and f3 or b3

Port:
Left side cannon:

Opponent in corner:

Cross up jd3, d2xxinteractable otgs for 34% no venom 39% lvl2 at xxinteractable, otgs tech rolls too

Hanging barrels:

d2~forward jump2xxinteractable otg's for 30% no venom 36% lvl 2 after d2, otgs tech rolls too

B23, j2xxinteractable otgs for 35% no venom 43% lvl 2 at b23, otgs tech rolls too

With both of these you have to be in range to cancel your jumps into the interactable.

Right side barrels:

Didnt find anything better than optimal bane bnbs, look into using barrels to zone in certain MU's

Asylum:

Cell block:

Right side torture table opponent in corner:

Cross up jd3, 113xxinteractable~dash, njxxinteractable double otg 56% no venom 65% lvl 2 at xxinteractable(75% at lvl 3)

This gives another hard knockdown and lets you set up what ever with a few frames of advantage. BP in lvl 3 will end the match and can be buffered as this combo ends

Set ups after the first interactable otg:

f2d~dash(to time), charge. Charge crosses up, delay charge input slightly to not cross up.
38% no venom no charge 43% lvl2 at xxinteractable, 53% no venom with charge 61% lvl 2 at interactable

f2d~dash(to time), f3/b3. B3 or f3 crosses up

Flower:
Otgs tech rolls and normal rolls:

D2, j2xxinteractable otgs for 28% no venom

b23, 3xxinteractable otgs for 36% no venom

B23, d2~jump interactable otgs for 31% no venom

Only otg's normal rolls:

d2~jumpxxinteractable

B23, 1~jumpxxinteractable 30% no venom

113~njxxinteractable 30% no venom

TV monitors:
otgs for tech rolls and normal rolls:

D2, j3xxinteractable 30% no venom

B23, j2xxinteractable 34% no venom

B23, d2, j3xxinteractable 37% no venom

Only otgs normal rolls:

d2~njxxinteractable

B23, d2~jumpxxinteractable 31% no venom

after a normal gravity b3 you can jumpxxinteractable and otg, works on tech rolls

Mess hall:

Burners with opponent in corner:

Cross up jd3, 113xxinteractable otgs for 40% no venom 45% lvl 2 at xxinteractable

Set ups off of this otg are the same as the ones in the same position in Cell block

Masks:

Works on tech rolls and normal rolls:

D2~jumpxxinteractable 23% no venom

B23, d2~ jumpxxinteractable 31% no venom

Chandelier:

D2, j2xxinteractable 30% no venom

B23, j3xxinteractable 38% no venom(easier link is b23, d2, j3xx)

B3, j3xxinteractable 39% no venom

only works on normal rolls:

d2~jumpxxinteractable

B23, d2~jumpxxinteractable

Insurgency:
Luthors lab:
Right side corner brain:

This interactable is a little weird because you can use it from the corner or from outside the corner. It also has some otg's that give standing resets instead of the normal hard knockdown. This makes me want to think that all otg's can for a stand if timed perfectly, but ill go into that later in the game

With opponent in corner:

Cross up jd3, d2xxinteractable otgs for 34% no venom

B23, d2xxinteractable otgs for 33% no venom, if you delay your d2 you will get a restand that takes away their option to use a wake up. You arent in position to get a free combo, but you are in position to control space very well. Keeps opponent in corner.

You can get different otg's into this corner but they are ruined if the opponent tech roll wake ups.

Normal roll:

B23, 1, 1, 11xxinteractable 38% no venom

Cross up jd3 113xxinteractable 38% no venom

Strikers island:

Cell block:

Left side armored guard:

Opponent in corner:

Cross up jd3, d2, d2xxinteractable otgs for 37% no venom, otfs tech rolls too

Overhanging machine gun:
Opponent in corner:

Cross up jd3, b23, d2~jumpxxinteractable otgs for 44% no venom, otgs tech rolls too

Yard:
Left side do you even lift:

Opponent in corner:

Cross up jd3, 113xxinteractable. The damage on this one is a little strange due to a glitch I believe is in the game. The damage is above optimal corner damage, and gives a hard as fuck knockdown with set ups, so its always best to use this.

Set ups off do you even lift:

Tech roll after 113xx set ups:

Cross up charge:

Charge almost immediately after you recover from using the interactable(if done on the actual first frame possible the charge will whiff with the opponent still on the ground). This can also be timed slightly easier by mashing dash after “xxinteractable” then canceling that dash into charge(or buffering charge to come out as soon as the dash animation ends).

Cross up MB Vupper:

Dash~MBVupper. The MB Vupper hits cross up on the second hit making it an overhead, is safe on block, has a hit of armor for wake ups, beats all jumps, and grants set ups on hit

You can also hit a cross up or non cross up jd3 after this otg combo

Non tech roll after 113xx set ups:

You can get the cross up charge by using the dash timing method like before

Cross up f3/b3:

You can dash up and either b3 or f3 to make either of those normals cross up, same as mustards old set ups and the BGB vortex.

You can also hit a cross up or non cross up jd3 in this senario too.

Metropolis:

Street:

Left corner car:

Opponent in corner:

Cross up jd3, d2, d2xxinteractable 39% no venom. Otgs tech rolls too, gives set ups

Cross up jd3, 113xxinteractable 40% no venom. otgs tech rolls too, gives set ups

Machine gun mount:

This functions like the fortress of solitude particle disruptor. If gives much less of a juggle, but add more damage than the beam. Pretty easy to free form of off any juggle and use this to get more damage than you would.

Floating car:

This provides the koolest bane reset in the game imo. It functions mostly like other hanging projectiles in regards to comboing into it. A list of things that combos that will otg tech rolls too

D2, j2xx
B23, j2xx
B23, d2, j3xx
B3, j3xx

At different spaces the car provides a different knockdown, one that allows you to combo out of this interactable. A 100% set up I found that has one gap where the opponent can tech roll, wake up, or jump to get out(they still get hit unless they wake up, they just fly out of the set up)is as follows

Mid screen start position:

Start lvl 2 Jd3, b23x(go to lvl 3)xbounce cancel b3~jumpforwardxxinteractable~123xxBP 100%

You cancel your jump into the interactable, and if the opponent doesnt do anything to mess up the set up they fly right into you instead of past you. You follow up with 123xxbp upon landing from using the interactable. If you do this from lvl two to three you will hit for 100%.

Shouts out to @yukoan_us "the korean bane player" for the idea, and main method to this reset.

This is already soo much, so just ask if you want the rest.