What's new

Video/Tutorial "Insurance paid up?" HawkGirl BNB's (List/Videos)

Eddyward

Noob
There, done.
Off to suggest this as a front page thing on srk/eventhubs/whatever.
Ooh, the Lex Luthor combo I posted is in there! I can only record from my TV so it's cool to see it in better quality. :p Cool looking combos; seems like WE3 in the corner adds a bunch of damage. That first corner combo did a lot of damage with only 1 meter. Nice stuff.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Lex luthor combo? Which one? I didn't read the thread much so I wasn't sure if people had done most of the combos here lol.
Oh well it's good to hear that I wasn't the only one to think of f13*3 b1 bounce cancel b3.

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
Ooh, the Lex Luthor combo I posted is in there! I can only record from my TV so it's cool to see it in better quality. :p Cool looking combos; seems like WE3 in the corner adds a bunch of damage. That first corner combo did a lot of damage with only 1 meter. Nice stuff.
I've only played hawkgirl for about 2 hours or so excuse me for not knowing, but were those multiple WE~3s in the corner? that's so cool :D

Eddyward

Noob
Lex luthor combo? Which one? I didn't read the thread much so I wasn't sure if people had done most of the combos here lol.
Oh well it's good to hear that I wasn't the only one to think of f13*3 b1 bounce cancel b3.
Oh, sorry, I think you did it on Grundy, but I did it on Lex Luthor.
But it's better if people see yours because it's:
1) Higher quality :p
2) It doesn't start with JI2, which causes the MB mace toss to miss on some characters like Nightwing. The combo actually just doesn't work in general on small female characters like Catwoman.

At any rate, cool stuff! That WE3 corner stuff is a good find.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Actually, 32 mace throw mb up shoulder misses on characters not large enough, you can go for 3 mace throw mb up shoulder midscreen though, that works on everybody.

And I just confirmed this:
Before the day 1 patch, Hawkgirl could combo d1 into we2 anywhere on screen into 25+% damages, which made d1 a good way to punish. Why was this taken out? It would have been really useful.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Notations from the combo video:
1st combo:
b22 xx mace throw mb up shoulder, [b1 xx we3]*3, f13 xx we3 52%

2nd:
32 xx fly 2 bf2 mb fly 2d3 44%

3rd:
b23, [b1 xx we3]*3, f13 xx we3 47%

4th:
32 xx mace throw mb up shoulder, 123, ji2 xx bf2 mb 45%

5th:
we2, f13, [b1 xx we3]*2, f13 xx we3 38%

6th:
[f13]*3, b1 xx bounce cancel b3, stage transition 39%

7th:
we2, we2, [b1 xx we3]*2, f13 xx we3 38%

8th:
f11 xx fly (move forward, move downward) 12 unfly xx super 46%

Eddyward

Noob
Actually, 32 mace throw mb up shoulder misses on characters not large enough, you can go for 3 mace throw mb up shoulder midscreen though, that works on everybody.

Before the day 1 patch, Hawkgirl could combo d1 into we2 anywhere on screen into 25+% damages, which made d1 a good way to punish. Why was this taken out? It would have been really useful.
Oh! Interesting. I didn't know we could just do 3 into mace toss. I will definitely be practicing that at home. I think I got 3,2 to work on Nightwing, and I consider him a small character :p It definitely did not work on any female characters aside from Wonder Woman though.

Hmm, I've never tried d1 into we2. That is unfortunate since her low starters seem seldom at this point. We'll see what they do with her in the long run :) Thanks for the tips, it helps a lot!

Found this corner combo while browsing Youtube:

Apologies if someone has already posted something similar. Can anyone make sense of this? I can't tell what the exact combo is because the video is off-screen. Looks like Ji2, 12, WE2, MC, F13, F13, F13, WE3. Can anyone confirm?

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*

I've noticed quite a few good things were nerfed day 1 :(

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Found this corner combo while browsing Youtube:

Apologies if someone has already posted something similar. Can anyone make sense of this? I can't tell what the exact combo is because the video is off-screen. Looks like Ji2, 12, WE2, MC, F13, F13, F13, WE3. Can anyone confirm?
j2, 32 xx 4 2 xx MC f13 f13 f13 we3

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
since i just started to mess around with hawkgirl and didnt browse the threads until now...here is a combo i managed to pull off meterless midscreen.... JI2,123,123,F1,xxMC-32%.

it looks like ur gonna have to use meter to get the big damaging combos out of her....bt she is so fun to play with so far since i just decided to pick her up.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Okay so I found a 45% combo midscreen for 1 meter that seems to work on every character, even if you have to be very close to the opponent, it can be useful! Oh and it ONLY works midscreen, in the corner b3 (or even f3) won't connect because you're too close to the opponent.

3 xx mass toss mb up shoulder, b3, j2, 123 xx mace charge 45%
It can be improved by replacing the j2 with a j3 and adding a f1 right before the mace charge, but it's much more difficult to do.
By adding f1 the combo will do 46%. By adding both j3 and f1 the combo will probably do something like 49%. I only managed to land the j3 123 once, failed landing the f1 though so I can't be sure.

I recorded it without the F1 at the end, 45% damages is the most practical version.

Eddyward

Noob
Okay so I found a 45% combo midscreen for 1 meter that seems to work on every character, even if you have to be very close to the opponent, it can be useful!
Yay :p Good find with the 3, Mace Toss - also the B3 after the Up Charge; I never thought of doing that! I wonder if they'd ever consider increasing the hitbox of the Up Charge so that it opens her combo potential up a little more (and lets us do big character combos on everyone) and doesn't require her to be so close. It really seems to be the key to extending combos with her.

I suck with hawkgirl. I can do some of her combos but I just don't know how to play her. Anybody got any tips?
The Match Footage thread could give you ideas. RunwayMafia and Boodendorf have a lot of footage there with different playstyles, so you could sort of develop your own playstyle with inspiration from them. http://testyourmight.com/threads/hawkgirl-battle-footage.30569/#post-794423 Or maybe you could even post your own footage there and ask for tips?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Is this thread still being updated?

Probably already posted but the b23 combo can be upped by using d1 instead of d2:

b23 - d1 - MC = 24%
Yes, I'm updating right now actually. I've just been so busy with life and my combo list for Catwoman. ;)

RunwayMafia

Boodendorf
How exactly are you pressing the Mace Toss (MB) *up shoulder*? I either end up throwing the mace upwards or my shoulder charge is straight forward. I landed it correctly minimal times and I don't know what I did. Help a brotha!

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Ok so Hawkgirl has alot of nice overheads and some good combos off of them. Do we have anything off of lows?
my main problem seems is that no one blocks low against my Hawkgirl anymore coz I cant convert any lows into damage >__>

RunwayMafia

Ok so Hawkgirl has alot of nice overheads and some good combos off of them. Do we have anything off of lows?
my main problem seems is that no one blocks low against my Hawkgirl anymore coz I cant convert any lows into damage >__>
You can combo off of B22 (second hit being low)...You can then do Flight, Mace Charge, Wing Evade etc. Or just to mix it up do B22B3 (I think it's B3)..the last two hits are both lows.