What's new

General/Other Instill Great Fear -- Sinestro General Discussion Thread

AK rtd

Noob
Is it just my sloppy execution that is causing boulder to come out when I want D2? Or 111 comes out when I am holding back for B12 after a D2?

Or why when I try to charge trait, it doesn't come out if I am pressing it. It seems like the game does not register buttons properly.

I have alternative controls & release check off, but this seems to happen way too often. Maybe I am just lazy with my inputs.
the bolder coming out when you do a D2 is reasonable because it's easy to press d/b 2 instead. 111 instead of B12 is due to really sloppy execution or a controller issue.

give alternative controls = on a try. this mode enforces strict input and is less error prone to unintended moves.

Is it just my sloppy execution that is causing boulder to come out when I want D2? Or 111 comes out when I am holding back for B12 after a D2?

Or why when I try to charge trait, it doesn't come out if I am pressing it. It seems like the game does not register buttons properly.

I have alternative controls & release check off, but this seems to happen way too often. Maybe I am just lazy with my inputs.
its the glitch on mk controls that everyone keeps talking about but don't know about.

in mk controls u can do d, d/b and hit 2 and it reads it like d, db,b. use alt controls if u don't want this to happen

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
can anyone tell me how to use his trait is it to get high damage combos? make stings safe? to zone with? any tips?

AK rtd

Noob
can anyone tell me how to use his trait is it to get high damage combos? make stings safe? to zone with? any tips?
all of the above! Sinestro's trait is so versatile that you can use it however you like whether it's for set ups, defense or offense. at first i was of the opinion not to use Sinestro's trait for extra combo damage until I realized that his trait combos don't scale. with trait, you can do nearly half life combos, i.e., ji3, trait shot, b3, j3, b12~shackles, ji2, f2d13 for 44 percent!

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
How often do you guys try to hit confirm before air axe?
Would ending a combo in 22d2 be a viable way of continuing Sinestro's vortex since the hard knock down leaves your opponent in perfect jumping distance for a fake cross up?

Joker's Shoes

Now Simply Extraordinaire
Fastest punish/"get offa me" starter for trying to create space? When being rushed down I've been using D1-Shackles, B3, Ji3, B213 as soon as there's an opening. Just wondering if there's a better alternative for getting my opponent at full screen again.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Made this today :

Don't know if people knew about it but seems pretty dirty, you can make it even dirtier after hitting the second schackles nj2 interactable (will hit from behind this time) dash 112 boulder mb .... etc will throw them back in the corner.

let me knoe what u guys think:)
Does the interactable always cross up or do you have to be at a certain distance/get a specific knockdown?

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
:D im glad you like my post but yes if you end a combo with schackles and walk back bit and teleport it will cross up, if you neutral jump 2 interactable it'll hit regularly

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Made this today :

Don't know if people knew about it but seems pretty dirty, you can make it even dirtier after hitting the second schackles nj2 interactable (will hit from behind this time) dash 112 boulder mb .... etc will throw them back in the corner.

let me knoe what u guys think:)
this is very nice stuff dude.ive often wondered how I could use that teleport with sinestro,thanks man.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Nice find! That interactible is one of the dirtier ones in the game IMO for characters like Sinestro who can combo off of it since it gives full invincibility as soon as you press it.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Didn't know about the invincibility that's great do you know how unsafe it is on block?

How do you guys feel about the watchtower ship that takes off interactable? It OTG's and leaves opponent standing
With sinestro i can combo into shackles in the corner jump over 3 press button flames OTG dash up overhead d1 shackles

The flames kind of give you cover for your mixup so someone w/ a 50/50 can be deadly
Just throwing stuff out there seeing what you guys think?

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Didn't know about the invincibility that's great do you know how unsafe it is on block?

How do you guys feel about the watchtower ship that takes off interactable? It OTG's and leaves opponent standing
With sinestro i can combo into shackles in the corner jump over 3 press button flames OTG dash up overhead d1 shackles

The flames kind of give you cover for your mixup so someone w/ a 50/50 can be deadly
Just throwing stuff out there seeing what you guys think?
IDK since that interactible completely changes for each character. I know Joker is safe on block but that Lex's is as punishable as when he does a CC. I would assume Sinestro's has the same frame data as the 2nd hit to B13 since it looks and acts like that move, but IDK for sure.

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
If you hit a B12 in the corner how do you do the vortex? The same way as midscreen? Doesn't that make it seem...idk less ambiguous?

If you hit a B12 in the corner how do you do the vortex? The same way as midscreen? Doesn't that make it seem...idk less ambiguous?
If you get shackles in the corner. Neutral Jump j2 to start vortex. Then you can jump forward 1 then air axe. For some reason that doesn't cross up even though it looks like it does. I'm pretty sure a jump forward 3 doesn't cross up. You can also do some other stuff after shackles in the corner. like J2 d1 to start the vortex. Then B2 for another corner combo

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
You can also combo from b21in the corner but if not spaced right 1(low) will wiff if it its blocked its -3 you can mb3 or backdash and continue your pressure

Corner Conversions from b21

D1x3,112,schackles,etc
D1,f2d13,112,schackles,f2d13,D1,arachnid 37%ibelieve

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
So when i ask others about sinestros matchups vs certain characters they always say stuff like "Try to charge trait" or "get them in the vortex".

Isn't that like. All Sinestro does?

When would you not want to "Charge Trait" and "get them in the vortex"?