What's new

Tech Instant overhead off of F13

Eshi

Noob
I really wish I could record video to demonstrate this, but I can explain it well enough I hope.

Harley's F13 string has an interesting property on hit - the opponent is stuck in an animation on hit that will allow them to block but not to do anything else. This animation keeps the opponent's standing hitbox, which means that Harley can hit with rising forward jump J2 and combo after landing with 12 > Tantrum Stance. That's right. Harley has a legit instant overhead that combos into meterless 38%, and it works midscreen to boot. That's insane.

There is one downside - F13 is not a very good string. The second hit is overhead, but that makes it one of the slowest overheads in the game. The opponent has to be asleep or ignorant of the match-up to let it hit. However, Harley can combo into F13 in the corner. Like this: J2 > [F1 > MB Pop Pop ] * n > F13. I have a pretty sick neutral jump cross-up/fake cross-up set up that I use often in matches, so I can set up the instant overhead off of the fake cross-up. I can't wait to use this tech in a real match :3

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Really? J1 as in neutral jump 1 and you have time to land for a full combo? Similar to Adon in AE only she gets a combo off it? I'll go mess around with this and see.

Eshi

Noob
Really? J1 as in neutral jump 1 and you have time to land for a full combo? Similar to Adon in AE only she gets a combo off it? I'll go mess around with this and see.
Edited for clarification, but after F13 she has to do jump forward for the J2* to hit. But yeah. Because of the weird input buffer that people can do on air attacks, she can buffer 12 and it will all combo. It's pretty ridiculous.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Edited for clarification, but after F13 she has to do jump forward for the J1 to hit. But yeah. Because of the weird input buffer that people can do on air attacks, she can buffer 12 and it will all combo. It's pretty ridiculous.
Oh yea the input timing is different in this game and took some adjusting. I just wanted to clarify that it was indeed a cross over rather than a neutral jump. Thanks.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I really wish I could record video to demonstrate this, but I can explain it well enough I hope.

Harley's F13 string has an interesting property on hit - the opponent is stuck in an animation on hit that will allow them to block but not to do anything else. This animation keeps the opponent's standing hitbox, which means that Harley can hit with rising forward jump J1 and combo after landing with 12 > Tantrum Stance. That's right. Harley has a legit instant overhead that combos into meterless 38%, and it works midscreen to boot. That's insane.

There is one downside - F13 is not a very good string. The second hit is overhead, but that makes it one of the slowest overheads in the game. The opponent has to be asleep or ignorant of the match-up to let it hit. However, Harley can combo into F13 in the corner. Like this: J1 > [F1 > MB Pop Pop ] * n > F13. I have a pretty sick neutral jump cross-up/fake cross-up set up that I use often in matches, so I can set up the instant overhead off of the fake cross-up. I can't wait to use this tech in a real match :3
If I'm not mistaken.. It is a small "dizzy" property associated to the end of the F1,3 string, meaning you don't have to connect with the F1 in order for it to be effective. So you can whiff the F1, she will hop forward to finish the string of 3 (as an overhead) space dependent, this could trick people into trying to punish low or block low, and the hopping overhead (end of the string 3) is the real intent.

Edit: for a sneaky nice overhead, NJ3 on the way UP catches people, due to them delaying stand awaiting the downward NJ2

Yeah I can't get anything to combo after the J1.

This also seems to work after a straight up MB DB2, which you can combo into midscreen from close 1, but I don't know why you would want to.

edit: you might be able to set up a block instant overhead with MB DB2 if you charge it up a bit, but it's hard to test by myself.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Yeah I can't get anything to combo after the J1.

This also seems to work after a straight up MB DB2, which you can combo into midscreen from close 1.
The J1 solo is more of a reprieve to catch them blocking low and buy yourself time.. Can also be viewed as a decent way to now reapply pressure due to them being on their backs :)

The J1 solo is more of a reprieve to catch them blocking low and buy yourself time.. Can also be viewed as a decent way to now reapply pressure due to them being on their backs :)
It's useless if you can't combo after the J1 because you could just go for better pressure during the dizzy state.

OP says it does combo though, I just can't get it to work.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
It's useless if you can't combo after the J1 because you could just go for better pressure during the dizzy state.

Make sure the J1 on the way up is in the corner, anywhere else, the J1 puts them too far away.. Since it is on the way up, Harley is still landing at about the same time as opponent.

Eshi

Noob

You have to input the follow-ups while you're still in the air and after J1 hits. Not when you hit the ground. It will feel really weird, but it will work.

Check4900 shows how this combo works here.

EDIT: LOL I just realized I've been saying J1 instead of J2. Editing everything to use the correct notation :3

LKG

Noob
See, now I thought you had meant j2 when I tested that and got it to work way better than trying j1, but I got the j1 to hit a few times (just couldn't follow it up). Okay, this is waaaay easier then. Really neat too!

Brahma

Noob
I can only get it to hit with f13, NJ2. Forward jump only seems to work in the corner.

Also Play Doctor is free after f13 hit for a full 10%. They can clash out though.

Eshi

Noob
I can only get it to hit with f13, NJ2. Forward jump only seems to work in the corner.

Also Play Doctor is free after f13 hit for a full 10%. They can clash out though.
I tried this setup on Catwoman instead of the taller character I discovered it with, and you're right. FJ2 is almost impossible outside of the corner. No idea why NJ works instead, but it's still full comboable on hit.

Site note: I'm actually doing this shit in matches now and wow, this is ridiculously lame easy damage lol. It is now my reason for playing Harley.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Is F13 and f1 ts a 50/50?
If so after a f13 you can go for another f13, which leads to a vortex, or you can does f1ts , which lead to a combo.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
If so after a f13 you can go for another f13, which leads to a vortex, or you can does f1ts , which lead to a combo.
F1 in F1,3 is a high, perform it close and someone ducks and your punished.. Two things Burgerssssss brought up in earlier posts..
1) I thought the F1 in F1,3 was mid as well.. Now registers high.
2) I thought the third kick in 3,3 hit low originally, now all 3 kicks hit mid. :(

Eshi

Noob
F1 in F1,3 is a high, perform it close and someone ducks and your punished.. Two things Burgerssssss brought up in earlier posts..
1) I thought the F1 in F1,3 was mid as well.. Now registers high.
2) I thought the third kick in 3,3 hit low originally, now all 3 kicks hit mid. :(
I think he means mixing up between F13 and F1 TS after an F13 has already hit. In which case, F1 can't be ducked.
It's probably a 50/50. F13's overhead is pretty slow but it could work in this situation. My only problem with it is that F13 on its own does garbage damage, which is why I prefer to mix it up between B22 and instant overhead J2. Both will reward you with ~40% damage

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
It's becoming more and more apparent to me how difficult explaining tech without video is. I'm gonna try to borrow a friend with great recording equipment tonight so I can document everything I've figured out.
My attempts on testing it how you described it resulted in the Auto Block saying "Nope"(no, it doesn't block the reset itself, just the follow-up. My methods are complicated). So i want to see the correct way.