What's new

Instant Air ZodBall short cut (on Stick)

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Hey guys, not sure if this works as well on PS2 pad or xbox pad or whatever other people might play on. I play this game on stick and found an easy way to get ZodBalls out super super low to the ground.

The easiest way I've found to get 99% consistent IA ZodBalls out is

U, (DB), 1

3 inputs all together, but when you get good at it, it's like 2 inputs because you hit (DB) and 1 at the same time. Then your last input is controlling the speed of the Zod Ball.

When you are in training mode the inputs on the left look like
UP
Down
(DownBack) (1)

You don't have to hit Up, Down, Back, 1, or even Up and then down and roll it backwards.

Hopefully this helps people if they are having trouble maching gunning Zod Balls. Remember though, it seems you can only have 3 normal ones on the screen at once.

This even works well if you want to move slightly forward whill shooting, by hitting
(UF)
(DB) (1)

Happy ZodBalling Everyone,

If I ever stop being lazy as shit I'll make a video, but if you practice it's easy to get down facing both directions.

Edit: I should mention that this is with the MK controls not Alternate controls, because Alternate controls are dumb in this game. I also have negative edge off when I do them

I didn't know that using MK Controls as they were intended was groundbreaking stuff. Literally any down, back special in the game can be done with just D, DB+button on MK controls. Those that whine about "injustice input bug" are the people that need to use SF controls. How does everyone not know this yet

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I didn't know that using MK Controls as they were intended was groundbreaking stuff. Literally any down, back special in the game can be done with just D, DB+button. How do people still not know this

Not that it's ground breaking Frothy, if it was I would have put a breakthrough tag on it lol. I've just seen lots of people struggling to get these out consistently and as close to the ground as possible, in different videos I've seen, and in matches I've played,

It never hurts in this community to post a helpful thread even if it helps just one person with there execution or there game play, this is a competitive site about leveling up.

Not everyone knows everything like you

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Literally any down, back special in the game can be done with just D, DB+button on MK controls.
Also if you read what I put you dont have to hit the down input, just the DB, the DIAGNOL only and this works. It makes it easier and faster to get them out,,

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Yes this is good for people to know starting out.
Exactly how I do it on stick and it is really easy

Yah man,

And Frothy, not all MK short cuts work like they did in the last game, take Cyborgs Balls for instance, you cant do them Kang or Mileena style in this game,

i was just about to mention this in the other post, but yea I figured this input out yesterday and its been working much better for me. the UF DB 1 motion I can't get to work though.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
i was just about to mention this in the other post, but yea I figured this input out yesterday and its been working much better for me. the UF DB 1 motion I can't get to work though.
Im at work but I'll have a look at what the inputs come out like when I do the UF DB1, it's possible i'm hitting up first then UF so fast that I'm not noticing it when I do it, but I can get them out pretty low and be moving forward.

Edit: when I think about it, it is probably what is happening to me, because i'm almost 100% sure that UF and UB hit at the same time will not register the F or the B in a special move. As I was trying to explain above about cyborgs balls.

The only way i can get the balls out that way is to hit up first very fast then move it to the UB then F position, hitting UB,F doesn't seem to work at all.

It's probably the same thing with the UF DB 1 for the zodball.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
This is helpful. Thanks. I still struggle with the fact that this game doesn't allow tiger knee inputs. I spent hours trying to tk 1 and feel like an idiot.

So is there a trick to it on pad? I can do this on stick very well but I don't want to have Zod be the only character I have to use stick for.

NHDR

Noob
Newb here, also struggling with this on a 360 d-pad. I have a feeling this will hold me back from using Zod. :(