What's new

Instant Air Gun Shots?

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
I am referring to the air gun shots that will hit a standing opponent. What's the deal with them?
The gun shot special doesn't come out if I input it soon after jumping. I've tried using a keyboard to execute this also as I wanted to be sure it wasn't my lack of execution.

The only high hitting air gun shots I've managed were on the way down from a jump. Even then, it was pretty strict timing.
Is there a way to do these consistently? Perhaps off of a short hop?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I’ve not found short hop to be a good way to do instant-air attacks. A forward or backward jump allows you to do the air move much closer to the ground since you can’t accidentally get a hop attack.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I've done it a couple of times off a short hop before, but the timing is hella strict. I really need to lab this cause it's really good pressure. You sort of have to do the same motion as a command grab, that may help.

I've done it a couple of times off a short hop before, but the timing is hella strict. I really need to lab this cause it's really good pressure. You sort of have to do the same motion as a command grab, that may help.
I did it with hop and shot when I was falling back to the ground.
I thought it was the right way lol (I could not do it before finishing the hop!). It was still difficult to time the proper height.

Hm I will check it again but that back-forward input is my weak point anyway.

i do it off short hop, on the way down, literally as soon as i see her ponytail lift up lol! works every time 80% of the time...not worth it imo. NOW if it worked like mk9 kabal instant air blade (diagonal up+ back, forward) then it would be legit but ive tried my damnedest and it worked maybe 1 outta 10 times