What's new

Inputs getting messy after a while

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Hey guys!

I came back from MK9 to 11, and fighting games in general after a while, and actually
starting to pay attention to the game.

Seems like I have an issue with my inputs getting messed up after a few matches online for some reason.
Let's say I play a set of ranked match, and on the next I start to recognize that I start to drop combos, my reaction time slows
down greatly and missing the punish times, at the end of the second set I drop strings themselves.

But it's not being tired, because I go to training a bit, set my combo, and punish timings back, feels like I correct them,
go back to online, and I can hit the reversals, combos are good, but after it just repeats itself, and I can correct myself the same way again.

Do you experience this? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's difficult to tell if it's user error, lag, or some actual bug with online play. There are times when I can't seem to get the simplest things to come out. While playing @Hellbringer on Steam yesterday, I couldn't get f4 to come out after j1. It's like one of my main tactics with D'Vorah, I do it constantly, and it's literally just f4 after hitting a j1. I'd hit j1, press f4, and D'Vorah would just stand there. It happened with other inputs throughout our long set, including several throw attempts where she just stood there instead of doing anything.

I wonder if sometimes the roll-back netcode can eat inputs.

Last edited:

Hot_DNA

Noob
Is that still the case with other fighting games? Like if you played MKx or something right now you would still be consistent between games?
No, Because I haven't played MKX in like 7 months... But there is something off with inputs in this game.. FTR, I LOVE mk11..but the inputs drive me insane

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I notice the blockstun or something in this game is different, so much harder to punish shit.
I think there's less block stun in general, which feels weird coming from I2 and MKX where I feel like block stun would last a super long time. Like so many sub zero players try and press buttons after the full low string even though its negative - it looks like there's a ton of block stun there, but you recovery pretty much immediately.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Your hands may be getting tired OR you're overthinking. If you try to force yourself to remember the inputs when you probably already have the muscle memory, then you're overriding your own muscle memory and trying to think about each input separately and in the heat of the moment, you may just mash wrong buttons. So you're preventing your brain to do it's thing and telling your hands what to do. Try listening to music, or listening to something else why you play, that always helps me. And actually, talking with someone while I play helps me A LOT.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
I rather feel like my focus slowly switches from my character to
Your hands may be getting tired OR you're overthinking. If you try to force yourself to remember the inputs when you probably already have the muscle memory, then you're overriding your own muscle memory and trying to think about each input separately and in the heat of the moment, you may just mash wrong buttons. So you're preventing your brain to do it's thing and telling your hands what to do. Try listening to music, or listening to something else why you play, that always helps me. And actually, talking with someone while I play helps me A LOT.

This might just work. Because going through what happens, you seem to be right, because I have to "re-write" my muscle memory everytime. Maybe this is because I have my gameplan for the next few seconds always done already, and my mind needs to think about something just for the sake of it, and my attention slips from the game to my fingers.
I'll try your advices, thank you.