What's new

General/Other Input issues

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Hello all, I have been trying to learn catwoman as a character and have encountered a problem. I was having a hard time getting f2 cat dash MB to come out consistently using the default controller options. I tried turning release check on and off and was still not getting it. I happened to turn on the gradual input setting and got it to work 90% of the time. However when I signed in today , I was noticing something very strange, about 50% of the time I was getting MB f3 to come out when I was going for f2 MB cat dash. This happens without me ever hitting f3 at all. This had me thinking there was something wrong with my stick but I switched to a different stick and the same thing kept happening. I went back to default setting and it works fine, but as soon as i switch to gradual settings I get the f3 mb coming out when I input MB cat dash. Has anyone encountered this before?

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
It seems to only happen when I try to MB cat dash by pianoing 2 and MB. If you do it to fast mb F3 comes out. Thats really strange

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
thats what i thought, but if you do this input f2 half circle forward MB you get MB F3 to come out. Kind of strange that is some sort of hidden command version of MB F3. So if you going to meter burn cat dash on this setting (alternate controls) you have to hit f2 half circle forward 2 MB. When I was pianoing the inputs sometimes Iwould hit MB before 2 and that is why I was getting the F3 MB to come out.

By the way what do you mean by FF MB? When I do that she just dashes.

MadCntt

Noob
If you hit the input FF+MB DURING A COMBO it will cancel the combo into MB F+3. Since you dont know about that i assume that I'm right :p

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
If you hit the input FF+MB DURING A COMBO it will cancel the combo into MB F+3. Since you dont know about that i assume that I'm right :p
Wow that makes way more sense. I think the alternate controls stores your inputs for longer, thats why I don't get this happening with alternate controls off. Man I feel really stupid now. Thanks for the help.

Justice

Noob
I was getting this while practicing B12D3 starters. I'd get the B1 MB F3. oooohhhhh the rage... But, I figure that it was 2am and I was tired. It was probably due to sloppy inputs even though the practice mode had no funky inputs listed....