What's new

Injustice's Superman Story discussion(MAJOR SPOILERS!)

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Well I have finished the story mode for Injustice.It took me four hours,2 sittings and a six-pack of Mountain Dew but I finished it.And now I have to say my opinions(which are positive BTW).

INCOMING MASSIVE SPOILERS DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVENT FINISHED STORY MODE!

Wow!NRS really outdid themselves with the story.This is one of the most satisfying gaming experiences I have had in a while.Some characters stood out for me for the first time like Cyborg and Deathstroke.I enjoyed this characters gameplay enough to consider subbing at least GL,DS and Cyborg.

But this isnt about me.It's about Superman.First I'll talk about Evil Superman:
From now on he will be refered to as Superdick or better yet Crossed Eye Kent(Am I the only one who saw this?).LOL at the attempts to make him relatable with him wondering about other universes Lois and then making him more Inrredeemable than Scarlet Witch.He is a bad,bad man.And no it's not like I am against him making a unified world but really?Killed who knows how many innocents and heroes for speaking up for the first 5 years of the Regime.Gets mad at people for worrying about what happened to Luthor.He plans(and partcially executes) mass genocide.He killed Billy,who was probably the person that looked up to him the most.He is a disgusting alien.

I was watching story mode and the thing that kept popping in my head is:Is this guy Superboy-Prime? For those who dont know Superboy-prime was an alternate reality Superboy who lived in a world where heroes only existed in comics(until him).He was originally a good guy but after 20 years in Limbo DC decided to make him the most dispisesable,unlikeable villain.He was,like Superdick here,a villain thst had tricked himself in to believing he was doing the right thing.Hell,in the freaking ending when I saw his red sunlight cell I looked over to my brother and said:"I hope he doesnt carve and S on his chest".

Now on to Good Superman.I loved it!He just gave the vibe of classic Superman.In the end,when all seemed lost Superman arrives and saves the day!DC has used this method for decades(like in Infinite and Final Crisis) but NRS still made it look damn good(except for 2 things I'll get to).My favorite scene in the whole game is when the 2 Batmen bring Good Superman over and all you see is his chest Symbol.It was quiet,but it spoke volumes.Do not despair for Superman is here!My only gripes are this:
-Superman sound overly cocky and almost looking down on his opponents during his clash dialogues.I mean come on,Clark!You're strong but not infinitely stronger than the rest of the cast!
-During the minigame with BA you destroy cars that he tosses at you.Now because BA picks up cars in motion doesnt that mean Superman killed the people inside the cars?

Feel free to discuss your thoughts on Superman's role in the story and of course what you hope for in a sequel(As the ending made it a distinct possibility).