What's new

Injustice Vita Online Multiplayer Help in Advance

Protectobot

More Displacer Raiden, please! ;P
This is sort of a tech thread, and I hope I'm asking in the right place, but I've never played an online game before (other than 1 pc game on a friend's computer), and I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinion about using public wifi for online multiplayer. I heard it was great for MK9 from multiple reviewers...

Also, maybe someone could tell me a little about how easy it should be to create a psn vita account and set up wifi on the vita for the first time by using a free public wifi hotspot. I've done a lot of online research and I'm considering buying a Vita just for Injustice but I'm afraid that I'll encounter pitfalls if it's not as fast and easy to connect to wifi as it is with an ios device (I have an ipod touch and connecting was basically automatic). I also don't have a wireless router at home and would prefer to save money by using the free wifi at my job and it doesn't even have a password requirement (wep/wpa key?). I just have to check the 'agreement' box. My town also has free wifi on the streets with a strong signal!

I also was wondering if anyone was actually able to find a few online opponents. If so, did it take a long time? Was it possible to determine if of any of the opponents were local, and if that made a difference for having online matches with little to no lag? Maybe I just need to wait until more ppl get the Vita version in in the U.S.

Thanks in advance for any info. I'm dying to play nerfed Supes and many other characters against skilled players! :D

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I bought my Vita for Injustice. I'm 80% happy with my decision. The issue with Injustice on the Vita is that is has severe frame rate drops. Online has nothing to do with it. Some of the stages have too much going on in the background. If you can deal with only playing on 3-4 stages than I say go for it. As for online the net code is good. You really have to worry more about frame rate drops. It's not difficult to connect the vita to Wifi, or set up a PSN account. You can't switch accounts on the vita though. The one you start off with is what you have to use unless you format your memory card, and start over. Finding matches so far have been a task. I can really only play when I invite people from here on TYM. We have some great players though. They'll definitely help you level up. Back to your questions though... The only issue I see with opening an account on a publice wifi is opening an account on a public wifi lol. I personally don't trust that, but knock yourself out. If you have $260 dollars to spend right now do it. Just be aware that the frame rate drops are real, and they will hinder your gameplay depending on what stage you use.

Protectobot

More Displacer Raiden, please! ;P
I bought my Vita for Injustice. I'm 80% happy with my decision. The issue with Injustice on the Vita is that is has severe frame rate drops. Online has nothing to do with it. Some of the stages have too much going on in the background. If you can deal with only playing on 3-4 stages than I say go for it. As for online the net code is good. You really have to worry more about frame rate drops. It's not difficult to connect the vita to Wifi, or set up a PSN account. You can't switch accounts on the vita though. The one you start off with is what you have to use unless you format your memory card, and start over. Finding matches so far have been a task. I can really only play when I invite people from here on TYM. We have some great players though. They'll definitely help you level up. Back to your questions though... The only issue I see with opening an account on a publice wifi is opening an account on a public wifi lol. I personally don't trust that, but knock yourself out. If you have $260 dollars to spend right now do it. Just be aware that the frame rate drops are real, and they will hinder your gameplay depending on what stage you use.
Awesome! Thanks for the input :D I guess we just have to find ways to build up the community. If I get the Vita soon, I'll let everybody know on here, and I'm gonna try to upload vids of gameplay for anyone on YT that's curious like I am about how it looks and plays. I don't have a capture card, though, so I'll want to point that out to anyone who's skeptical about the graphics. I'm not especially picky cos it looked fine to me, and at least one person uploaded with a card and that did make a difference in his vid quality :) I want to encourage ppl to try it but still be honest about issues (like poor ol' MMH!). I'm not sure about NR's overall tech skills (I'm not very familiar with the company or MK games over the years) and what the overall limitations of the Vita are, but hopefully more bug fixes or any necessary balance patches can be added in the future.

So the only issue would be how safe it is to create a psn account over unsecured wifi. I don't know much about computers (probably obvious lol) and hackers and such, but I'm not too worried about someone hacking my Vita at work, should I get one. An online friend told me that I could set up a psn account without even having a sony gaming system of any kind! O_O so I guess I could try setting up a psn account before I even buy the Vita? LOL...that's pretty cool! If for some reason the Vita wouldn't accept a pre-established psn account, I guess I could create a new one (maybe need a dif cc or something).

Hmmmm...if worst comes to worst, I'll just trade/sell back the Vita to get a partial refund and get a ps3 or 360 for console play. At least by then I'd know for sure whether I was missing out on a great portable Injustice experience. I LOVE portable games and my job said I could record matches at work if I want :) I guess I just need to practice combos and get used to the 1 2 3 button layout (I'm more used to the SF button layout), but at least the throw system in SF3 is basically the same :D Hopefully the Vita will be better than my psp for recording in bright lightning, but I can find dark places to film as well.