What's new

Injustice Tours the Middle East @ Games12 - New Game Play w/ Flash vs Batman, Cyborg vs Harley Quinn

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Well, this one honestly took me by surprise... there was a video game show called "Games12" that took place in Dubai Festival City in Moracco, Africa if I am not mistaken. It took place from September 20th till today, the 22nd and there has been some very fresh and quite refreshing Injustice game-play uploaded by the "IGNmiddleeast" channel. This game-play features a match between The Flash vs Batman and secondly a very nice match with Cyborg vs Harley Quinn.

You see all move lists, just pause! You also see many of these moves in action!

Attachments

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I saw trades in that Flash vs Bats fight, yay :)
Also mashing so much it makes them look pro...

I love Harley and Cyborg's throws and just how Harley moves altogether. All that corner pressure made it look impossible to actually use any Stage stuff...

Finally, Cyborg's voice... is just ovely. "Don't mess with the best"

Reedoms

Noob
Looking at Flash play and his movelist I have a feeling he's going to be like Guy from Street Fighter. I might try him out.

Is there a reason why they do not let the players ahve access to the Metropolis stage(something that was shown even during early videos) and Catwoman? I can't be the only person who is sick and tired of seeing the same stuff over and over again.

And I know this is still just the E3(or is it Gamescon?) demo, but come on with it already. What are they afraid of exactly? It's not as if there are any pros getting their hands on this in each of these expos they show the game off at.

I'm guessing, because it has "MOVE LIST" as an option to select, that those special moves may not be all of them, especially on Wonder Woman's which has way too little to be the full set

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Is there a reason why they do not let the players ahve access to the Metropolis stage(something that was shown even during early videos) and Catwoman? I can't be the only person who is sick and tired of seeing the same stuff over and over again.

And I know this is still just the E3(or is it Gamescon?) demo, but come on with it already. What are they afraid of exactly? It's not as if there are any pros getting their hands on this in each of these expos they show the game off at.
My guess is they said a lot of various things regarding new mechanics and stuff aluding to clash being either removed outright, replaced, or tweaked. This is no light matter considering it would require you to go into everyone's files and make certain clash code that was changed didn't mess up their clash coding. A line tweak could mean that an input doesn't register or that it registers meter wrong or that it locks up looking for a file that doesn't exist under the old naming input.

Its just a theory, but I think the next build is one that is going to have to have Clash settled or dealt with or some kind of new mechanic implemented in its place. If thats the case they can't really do much more than put out the old Comic Con build until the new gameplay coding is done for the next build.

Just a theory, but from all the feedback they've gotten on Clash ranging from negative to confused reactions from players I think its a pretty good theory to work with for now to explain why there hasn't been a new build in awhile or any news to speak of. Gameplay is being worked on first.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!

There have been two builds, the first build that was at E3 and EVO, and then the build that debuted at Comic Con through TGS.

Its still the same build because creating a whole new build just too add one character is completely retarded. Its not as simple as switching a knob, shoving cat woman into that build could potentially break everything. Turns out making videos games is kinda super complicated.

shaowebb

Double leg takedown? In any event I like the idea of EX version doing more punches. I wonder if counters work on this move or if it counts as a command grab? I'm betting Batman's smoke bomb hit confirms his hyper clean through this move though. Just curious if it counts as a strike or a grab to connect with this move.

Harley Quinn's attacks look really weak in that they deal very little damage. Maybe it is still too early for me to be judging though...

shaowebb

Harley Quinn's attacks look really weak in that they deal very little damage. Maybe it is still too early for me to be judging though...
I think she's meant to be a reset monster is why. Her hyper looks to leave opponents in an air state for you to combo after wards and gun looks to stun in one move which is probably to setup throws (that or space for zoning attempts with pistol shot).

She looks to be an in and out sort of person with small low damage combos, but tricks meant to land you respectable mixups so that she can land full combos more often. Being able to combo off her hyper is pretty good to offset damage meaning she'll have comeback potential at least with meter. Do a combo into hyper and continue combo afterwards.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Cyborg sounds/plays like a teenage Jax if he'd been transformed into a Tekunin.
He's got the F414, the 22 swinging fists, and he's a big, bad black dude.
And Harley just looks delicious. I can't wait to see how fucked up her combos and juggles get when she's more fleshed out.

And honestly, I hope they ditch the Clash system.
It COULD pan out if done right, but it seems like too much of a gamble right now given how many people it's already turned off.

JUST GIVE ME THIS GAME ALREADY <3

I really wish they'd release a demo to the full public with this build just so we have a round number of characters to pick from and judge what the basic of this game is.

I know that won't happen this early though

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I really wish they'd release a demo to the full public with this build just so we have a round number of characters to pick from and judge what the basic of this game is.

I know that won't happen this early though
This build is a public showcase build, its just to show the game off in the most causal way possible. Its also a terrible representation of what the final game would be and do nothing but give the game bad press with hardcore players, just like the MK9 demo, which was nothing like the actual game.

shaowebb

Yeah releasing an early build like this would be terrible IMO. Clash may not even be in the game and I think Cyborg has an infinite in the corner in the current build. Heck most of the moves are all sporting unfinished properties that range from placeholder names and inputs all the way down to frame data on recovery, startup, and hit/block stun and scaling. We know Grundy isn't done for a fact along with a few others.

Its not even alpha gameplay IMO to release something like that with mechanics that are all being reworked and gameplay all being fine tuned as they go instead of being released polished a piece at a time.

We can contain our hype until a real representation of the game can be prepped to demo. After all if we didn't they could kill all hype they have.