What's new

Injustice - To Be Playable at Tokyo Game Show in Japan (Sept 20th-23rd)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Coming up next week in Tokyo, Japan is the Tokyo Game Show, or "TGS" in Japan happening on September 20th-23rd. It is a video game expo / convention held in Makuhair Messe in Chiba, Japan. It is used by many international developer's to show off their latest games and hardware.

Sony recently released a list of games for the PS Vita and for the PS3 Zone that will be playable and Injustice will be playable in the PS3 zone during the show. Thanks to TYM member, Jackalpup, you can find the complete list of games including Injustice below.
tgs.jpg

PS Vita Zone:
  • Malicious Rebirth
  • Picotto Knight
  • Sakurasou no Pet na Kanjo
  • Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua]
  • Legend of Heroes Zoer no Kiseki Evolution
  • Street Fighter x Tekken
  • Atelier Totori Plus
  • Nobunaga no Yabou with Powerup Kit
  • Silent Hill Book of Memories
  • DJ Max Technika Tune
  • Phantasy Star Online 2
  • Soul Sacrifice
  • LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
  • PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal
  • Sound Shape
  • Earth Defense Forces 3 Portable
  • Ys Celceta Sea of Trees
  • Assassin's Creed III Lady Liberty
  • Little Battler eXperience W
PS3 Zone:

• FIFA 13 World Class Soccer
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Okami HD
  • DmC Devil May Cry
  • Lost Planet 3
  • EX Troopers
  • Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage 2
  • Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires
  • Dead or Alive 5
  • Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
  • Zone of the Enders HD Edition
  • Silent Hill Downpour
  • Dust 514
  • Yakuza 5
  • Yakuza 1&2 HD Edition
  • Hot Shots Golf 6
  • PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal
  • Ratchet & Clank Ginga Sentai Q Force
  • Sports Champion 2
  • Borderlands 2
  • Tales of Xillia 2
  • Naruto Narutimate Storm 3
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Rocksmith
  • Injustice Gods Among Us
PSP Zone:

• Sol Trigger
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Little Battler eXperience W

Attachments

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
It would be surprising to see Injustice gain any sort of following in Japan, seeing how MK has a very small fanbase (I play with all 6 players online regularly).

Wish I could play Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, though. Generations sucked.

It would be surprising to see Injustice gain any sort of following in Japan, seeing how MK has a very small fanbase (I play with all 6 players online regularly).

At first Naruto sucks. I don't know why you're bringing up that crappy Twilight-anime in the same sentence with Mortal Kombat and Injustice (the DC universe).

Yeah, it's true that MK isn't the most beloved franchise in Japan, but then again - the game never had such a huge name behind it, to actually really consume the japanese player-base.
Will Injustice be able to do that? The japanese people are not that much into superheroes, so it's doubtful that it will become a very popular game there, but we will see - I'm pretty sure that even the japanese people like the Batman movies, the old Superman movies and that they're looking forward to the upcoming Superman movie. They already had their Marvel animes and stuff like that, so it really does look like they're more openminded to superheroes, than they were years ago.

The same applies for Europe. Not everyone over here is that much into superheroes, but the entire superhero-movie-boom changed things here, so we will see.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
At first Naruto sucks. I don't know why you're bringing up that crappy Twilight-anime in the same sentence with Mortal Kombat and Injustice (the DC universe).
First of all, I wasn't talking about the anime, I was referring to the Naruto fighting games. I don't watch the anime. Second of all, I brought it up because it's in the listing of games being showcased.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Really? That sucks, I ended up skipping it since there was no story progression.
Hope Madara is playable in the new one, only good character left in the series. It's just so bad, but I can't stop, its like a car wreck.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Really? That sucks, I ended up skipping it since there was no story progression.
Hope Madara is playable in the new one, only good character left in the series. It's just so bad, but I can't stop, its like a car wreck.
I don't play the Naruto games for the story mode. I only play them for the fun button mashing versus mode with my Naruto nerd friend. Generations screwed that up by trying to make it more competitive by requiring counters/substitutions to use meter.

I could go on and on with what it did wrong, but the bottomline is that Generations sucked for versus mode. I'm sure it's great if you just want the story mode.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I don't play the Naruto games for the story mode. I only play them for the fun button mashing versus mode with my Naruto nerd friend. Generations screwed that up by trying to make it more competitive by requiring counters/substitutions to use meter.

I could go on and on with what it did wrong, but the bottomline is that Generations sucked for versus mode. I'm sure it's great if you just want the story mode.
Oh I don't mean like I give a shit about the actual story mode. When I say progression I meant new characters that weren't in NS2.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Well the key is DC's fan base in Japan... Does anyone know if DC is big out there ?

Reedoms

Noob
Well the key is DC's fan base in Japan... Does anyone know if DC is big out there ?
Some titles are pretty big there like Batman and GL, but when it comes to other titles DC is pumping out like Dial H, I doubt they've even heard of them.

gdf

Noob
I like how SF X T is on the list for PS Vita, hehe poor Capcom.

NRS has got this event on lockdown for fighting games. Nothing they will have will come close to Injustice.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

IIRC, didn't the second game have some of the same glitches the first game did?

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
IIRC, didn't the second game have some of the same glitches the first game did?
I'm not sure about glitches. Surprisingly, the Ninja Storm series seems pretty solid programming wise. I didn't dive into series like I do with MK, but I still played it quite a bit and didn't really notice any obvious programming farts.

All I know is they changed what made the game button mashing fun and turned it into some lolcompetitve nonsense that just turned the melee combat into a chore.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter

Yeah, it's true that MK isn't the most beloved franchise in Japan, but then again - the game never had such a huge name behind it, to actually really consume the japanese player-base.
Will Injustice be able to do that? The japanese people are not that much into superheroes, so it's doubtful that it will become a very popular game there, but we will see - I'm pretty sure that even the japanese people like the Batman movies, the old Superman movies and that they're looking forward to the upcoming Superman movie. They already had their Marvel animes and stuff like that, so it really does look like they're more openminded to superheroes, than they were years ago.

The same applies for Europe. Not everyone over here is that much into superheroes, but the entire superhero-movie-boom changed things here, so we will see.
Not the UK. everyone loves superheroes over here.

Reedoms

Noob
2000 AD has been going around for almost 40 years in Britain.
Not to mention that quite a lot of DC's writers are native to the UK.