What's new

Injustice: Thoughts, Notes and Observations From E3

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
While those of us at home wait for internet talk to come through from the walls of E3, one of our members, Briyen as well as some notes and observations made by Scott Ellison of TRMK have been gathered. Briyen's notes are followed up by slightly more detailed observations from Scott from E3. These details cover Gameplay, specials, game options and more.

dcf2.jpg

Briyen's notes:
-4 bar super meter with a separate small 3 bar meter unique for each class
-2 life bars per person that acts as one large one
-There's enhanced moves, and what looks like ProMoves from MKvsDC not sure though, uses two meters
-superman is almost constantly flying
-Solomon Grundy uses his unique meter for chain grabs
-Batman uses his unique meter for batarangs that float around him that could be used for projectiles or it spins around him like Kung Lao spin
-the unique meter naturally regens unless it was just for demo purposes
-Solomon Grundy's super is a grab it seems
-Batman's super is a parry
-one round per match only

(remember this is all just from watching the closed door gameplay, all could change)

thats all i remember so far haha, just more info for you guys craving for more
Scott Ellison via TRMK's notes

Just got out from seeing Injustice. Any reservations you may have of this not being good or MK vs DC 2 have been shattered. New experience!

Game Options

The demo was build 0.37-20 of the game. Menu only had options right now for seledcting One or Two Players. Only six characters on the roster, all we have already seen. Select Screen looks like it'll support up to 24 characters.

Loading screens are pictures and a horizontal line draws in separating the word Injustice from Gods Among Us.

Game HUD

The HUD is clean and on the corners of the screen and blends well so it doesn't get intrusive. Our demo had no counter and was only one round to win, this may be how the gameplay is.

Each character's life bar has an armor "shell" which wraps over the standard bar. It's silver and the armor gets broken off by fighting and using gadgets. Once removed, then it starts chipping off the health bar which is red.

At the bottom in the corner is the special meter. It's a half-circle that wraps the character logo: Batman's Batsignal, Superman's S, Flash's Lightning Bolt or Grundy's Tombstone. Once the meter is full the character logo lights up to let you know what you can use.

Special Attacks

Special attacks are long and epic both in scale and display. Superman punched Flash into space. Flash ran around the world to punch Superman. These have been seen in the video demos so far.

Environments

Environments can be destroyed and used against the enemy, like cars on the ground and using a button that deploys missiles from the Batmobile. Bat cave and Daily Planet shown. Each fight was able to transition to three different areas of the location, and can return the fight to the starting point.

The game has minimal blood, but was present. Moves real fast, hard hits. Gadgets will be used by many characters like Batman and Harley Quinn.
dcline.jpg

Injustice "Line Starts Here" image via Scott Ellison
Source: Scott's thoughts via TRMK

Attachments

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Ah, that explains the health bars thing. It sounds familiar to something, but I can't think of it

I don't know why, but this game is sounding more and mor elike an even more over the top version of Power Stone 2 but obviously without powerup gems and it has DC Comic characters.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So far, imo, the game looks cool, but its too much. I dont like fighting games that are super busy aand theatrical...its why i dont like that marvel fighting game..

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So, there's only one life bar, but you have to basically deplete it twice? Once for the armor and once for the health...

Doesn't sound too bad.