What's new

Injustice: Shaolin Monks instead of Injustice 3?

Good Idea?

• Yes, give Doctor Angel the book to write this game.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • No, this man is out of what's left of his mind.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Caaaaaaaaan't quite decide...yet.

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
What if, after the eventual lifespan of the next MK game, in order to give it more time than any other NRS game to thrive and evolve, they break the MK/IJ/MK/IJ 1V1 cycle, kinda satiate the "what if they made another Shaolin Monks?" base by also taking the Arkham series' playstyle and mixing them together, and INSTEAD of doing MKvsDC2, they make a giant elaborate Shaolin Monks style platformer with the MK9/Injustice Story Mode you get to play certain important characters formula, so that the MK fans get an EXTRA dose of lore and violence, the Injustice/DC fans get something amazing and unique, and an NRS game will finally get a chance to flourish or crash on its own merit without having to simply yield to the "in two years, it's over anyway" formula.

Thoughts?

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
God forbid any more MK+DC game. But, Injustice lore in a Shaolin Monks style would be interesting. You can play as representatives of two factions: resurgents and the regime, and battle different bosses. Would be great.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
God forbid any more MK+DC game. But, Injustice lore in a Shaolin Monks style would be interesting. You can play as representatives of two factions: resurgents and the regime, and battle different bosses. Would be great.
I like it. I like the Injustice lore way more than its gameplay anyway.
Exactly, and exactly twice.
The DC universe and all its interchangeable but often equally fun villains and heroes, it would be a lot more practical than just milling the entire game with two MK characters.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I hope they just skip injustice in entirety and replace it with something like mk shaolin monks , or (even though I highly doubt this is gonna happen) But id fucking love a dcvsmarvel game
For as much as I'd like to agree wouldn't MK become stale at some point?

Not sure how a lot of this stuff works but they should take all of the man power they put into the god awful mobile games and put it towards a Shaolin Monks 2. I want my MK and Injustice games every 2 years. But why couldn't they throw in an action adventure to spice things up a bit

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
What WB should actually do is give MK characters to Monolith(also a WB games studio, they made Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War) and have you play as Scorpion and Sub and go through Outworld and the Neatherrealm and hunt characters like Mileena, Goro, Shang, Shao Kahn, etc instead of going after war chiefs. There would be a lot of enemy types like Tarkatans, Shokan, Mileena clones, and various types of Neatherrealm demons and revenants.

Or if they went the DC route, they could make a bomb ass open world game with a similar structure. Although I'd want the playable character to be Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Wonder Woman, Superman or Nightwing and not Batman to separate its self from the Arkham games.

Not when MK11 hasn't even been revealed I don't think. If anything they'll just be deciding rosters or crap like that.
Injustice 2 has been in developpement a few months after the first one came out. Same thing for MKX, the developpement began a few months after MK9 was released.

Yes, most of the developpers are working on MK11 right now, a team works on I2 DLCs and fixes but a smaller team is working on the basis of I3.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I'd take a Shaolin Monks 2 for a mortal kombat game. I like the way the original re-told MK2.

I think a shaolin monks game based around the mk comic book for MKX taking place in the 25 years between MK9 to MKX would be sweet.

TamedLizard

Buff George
I like the way the original re-told MK2.
It was a fap dream fersure coming back to MK2 era, but the re-telling was pretty bad lol.

This was the game we were first introduced to damsel in distress Kitana and hardheaded man-child Lao. Both of which were totally uncharacteristic for them until that point. And unfortunately, that shtick stuck to both of them throughout MK9 and MKX (for reasons I still can't fathom).

Tldr; If they do go back and fill in blanks or build lore onto other sagas with an adventure game, I just hope it's cleaner and tightly knit, minimizing inconsistencies and character suicides. (Or at the very least don't carry over huge changes into an installment from a side game.)

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
It was a fap dream fersure coming back to MK2 era, but the re-telling was pretty bad lol.

This was the game we were first introduced to damsel in distress Kitana and hardheaded man-child Lao. Both of which were totally uncharacteristic for them until that point. And unfortunately, that shtick stuck to both of them throughout MK9 and MKX (for reasons I still can't fathom).

Tldr; If they do go back and fill in blanks or build lore onto other sagas with an adventure game, I just hope it's cleaner and tightly knit, minimizing inconsistencies and character suicides. (Or at the very least don't carry over huge changes into an installment from a side game.)
I'll be honest its been well over 10 years since I've played shaolin monks so forgive my ignorance on forgetting that. For younger me, being so interested and enthralled by Mortal Kombat 2 to then go and explore the settings in a 3D environment was exciting enough that I just kind of threw the story and character personalities aside. (It was always just a side story/game in my experience, a good one tho.)

I agree wholeheartedly with your final point. The inconsistencies between the MK Comic and MKX was very disappointing and I'd hate for a game, even if a side game made large changes like that.... Unless they were to change Kotal Kahn to be more like his appearance in the Comic.

For as much as I'd like to agree wouldn't MK become stale at some point?
Well what I mean that , they should bring mk shaolin monks as a more story based game than a fighting game one , and instead keep adding more content and patches to mk11 , for me that would be ideal

With all the success and popularity of the Marvel/Capcom crossover games, can someone explain to me why the idea of another MKvDC seems so terrible? I mean, the first MKvDC wasn't all that great but it actually wasn't that bad either.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
With all the success and popularity of the Marvel/Capcom crossover games, can someone explain to me why the idea of another MKvDC seems so terrible? I mean, the first MKvDC wasn't all that great but it actually wasn't that bad either.
MK and DC is fine and all but the DC vs Marvel dream fighter is what I truely want, which will probably never happen due to the strife between Marvel and DC.