What's new

Injustice Rivalries: will the lines be redrawn?

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
That was it? Injustice rivalries get hyped up. There's gotta be more lol. I wouldn't know, I wasn't as aware of the scene back then. I only watched EVO and CEO during the injustice days. I've gone back and watched a few other tourneys but that's it and i wasn't aware of all the juice back then
This was just a taster. There was a lot more that could have been written about. It was a great time for spectators.

WHY DO U GUYS LIKE TO SHIT ON PL? CARL IS THE FUCKIN MAN.
THE NRS COMMUNITY IS TOO SOFT. EVERYONE WANTS TO BE NICE WITH ONE ANOTHER. BUNCH OF WUSSIES IS U ASK ME.
Ironic.

How could you forget Theo vs Jupiter mlg anaheim?
I actually don't remember there being a huge rivalry between the two. I remember that match happening, and remember there being a lot of talk between East coast and west coast players during the build up, but not actually between themselves.

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
This was just a taster. There was a lot more that could have been written about. It was a great time for spectators.

Ironic.

I actually don't remember there being a huge rivalry between the two. I remember that match happening, and remember there being a lot of talk between East coast and west coast players during the build up, but not actually between themselves.
WHATS IRONIC???

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
The three of you collectively makeup 48.8% of everything wrong in this game. Bitches.
Either PL is the remaining 51.2% or your statement is wrong.

I didn't follow Injustice 1 at all, but that "taster" was so good. If you had time and patience to update the thread I'd appreciate it.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
PPJ Vs Filipino Man
That was one right? I can't remember its been so long
Idk if it was a real rivalry but we're both Filipino if that helps. The tournament record is 2-1 him - sent me to losers at SCR 2014 and I beat him in the runback later, then at UFGT 2014 I dropped my input in the last game (yeah I'm johning almost 3 years later lol) and he took it in a 3-2 set

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Man...I want a Rivaliry. Someone talk shit so we can start a thing please...

Wait....I got it.

@SaltShaker @Tweedy Suck ass trash tier Raven and Gorilla Not Zod. Both of you plays make me sick. Your both overrated and smell like ground beef stirred between

Face me cowards.
If NRS gives me some real zoning you'll throw a party any time you reach within half screen. That party will be far and few between, as well as short lived because you'll be full screen again before you know it. Your foolish MB Roll attempts will only allow you to waste 1 bar to be reset back to full screen.

If Paulo is truly bringing the return of zoning, then the Shaker of Salt shall be returning once again.

#BuffRaven

The biggest rivalry I saw from my limited vantage point watching all the early IGAU tournaments on stream and knowing some of the people who go to EVO, it seemed like NRS vs. FGC was the biggest one. Like, the NRS scene come into being with MK9, but didn't get much respect from the rest of the FGC, the SF people in particular. When IGAU came out, there was a wave of folks from other games coming in, many with the attitude of, "you NRS guys suck, you are all free, I'm going to show you what a real strong player who plays in real competition is like, I'm going to body you, MK is a crappy game that just relies on blood to sell," and such.

Of course, not everyone was like this. I am definitely not saying that everyone was like that, and there had been players in MK9 that played in other scenes too (like Justin Wong). Chris G had been around in MK9 and seems like a pretty quiet guy. Balrog got into IGAU and I don't recall hearing anything other than that he was a nice dude. Yet there were others, probably the most notable being KDZ since he was the first big dog and was saying things like, "there's no one else in this game even in my league," and also Filipino Champ popping off. Some were saying Champ was just doing it to build up hype, I don't know him. Another that sticks out is that guy who played Ares in an early tournament and was being really insulting to Tom Brady and other players. I forget his name or what game he was from, but he had come up with a different way of playing Ares that no one was used to, so he got pretty far in that tournament.

In the end, I think the NRS scene held its own and earned some (hard fought) respect from other scenes. I mean, if people from other games just jumped over into IGAU and started wiping the floor with everyone, filling every top 8, that would've sucked. That TYM regulars, like Pig, held the fort was cool.

If there's an IGAU2 rivalry to look out for that is the meta-rivalry that explains many rivalries. We'll see if it repeats and we get Round 2 of NRS vs. FGC. It wouldn't surprise me if we see some players from SF, KI, and such coming into IGAU2 to try to grab that prize money.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Old players with old rivalries are better at failing now than succeeding.
Drama is icing on the cake, not the cake itself.

There'll be new top players for inj2, and old top players will fall off, such is the way.
Yea I dont really see how whatyou just wrote has ANYTHING to do w today's top players being shit at rivalries/hype/marketing/scene building. This pageantry as you refer to it often not only builds the scene but creates fans for individuals involved. It's marketing 101................well 102

If this was a passive shot at me dude idgaf, right now I'm completely focused elsewhere

However if im dedicated to something............. "I win, i always win"
;)