What's new

Injustice Pro Series Finals to Air on Disney and ESPN

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

Recent report from the Esports Observer has unveiled that the finals for the Injustice Pro Series are going to air on television. While the first IPS finals also aired on ESPN last year, this is going to be the first time a NRS game will feature on Disney proper.

If you didn't look to the right of this post, here are all of the current details on the finals. While this might not seem like THAT big a deal, since Injustice 2 has aired on television before, I believe this is the first time it's not on some weird channel you need a package nobody has in order to watch. According to that report posted above, Street Fighter V's and Smash 4's EVO matches from various years have been the only presence a fighting game has had on Disney XD.

Since Injustice 2 is in a pretty good spot right now, I think we'll be in for a good showing. Shouldn't have 5 of the same character in the Top 8, a lot of people are going to get a good look at what this game has to offer. If you have cable and can watch them on TV, might be a good idea to check it out there. If not, the Netherrealm Twitch is still airing it. You aren't going to be missing anything on either, the Twitch stream is going to be taking the same breaks for commercials as the TV stream if similar events are anything to go off of. We've got 2 months though, so you have plenty of time to figure that out.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Well....THIS got me mighty interested! Uncle JBeezY will be watching and rooting for errrbody! Righteous ;)

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
If eSports wants to get serious they need to seriously think of removing internet streams. All the effort to do live tv broadcast will not impress the money men if 80% of the audience is watching off channel.