What's new

Injustice NYCC Nightwing vs Batman + New Stage "Insurgency" Revealed

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
As the New York Comic Con continues it looks like someone was able to get some video footage by recording from their phone. YouTube user Shadow42 got some footage of Nightwing vs Batman showing off a different array of moves.. basically a few that you may not have seen yet. You see more normals from both characters showing what they can do besides just specials.

Additionally, we have learned that the new stage that was seen in the "off screen" footage featuring DMG CD Jr as Green Arrow vs a NetherRealm Studio's employee as Catwoman, was the "Insurgency" as seen on the image below.
dcnewstage.jpg
Credit: Bi-on-iC

Attachments

VOR

Noob
Me likey. Question- Is there a delay between the end of a dash animation and the frame at which you are able to input your first normal? Or is it instant? Just trying to figure out how quickly you can attack after dashing.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Quick question, did anyone else see the hitbox on Batmans super catch Nightwing and say "YO MORTAL KOMBAT" in their head?
Shoutouts to NRS would also have sufficed :p

Game looks good, I am intrigued, and will continue to post that in any injustice thread that makes it to the front page.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Quick question, did anyone else see the hitbox on Batmans super catch Nightwing and say "YO MORTAL KOMBAT" in their head?
Shoutouts to NRS would also have sufficed :p

Game looks good, I am intrigued, and will continue to post that in any injustice thread that makes it to the front page.
I hope it stays like that, some ridiculous anti bullshit.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
New build is looking godlike. Seems like the game is coming along NICELY. The stage transitions don't seem all that bad either- The pace of the match seems to flow well.

You can combo off of Green Arrow's super? DIRTY!

Man, I wish I could see more of Batman's moveset and analysis. I really really want to play this character yesterday already. Can't wait to see how he looks high level. It seems like his hitbox for the super is the ENTIRE smoke trail...Anti-Air/Anti-Crossup super what?! It looks like it catches people even behind Batman! SICK. I'm going to make so many people rage quit lmfao. Can't wait.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Seriously, imagine doing an FCP with Green Arrow into SUPER, then continue the combo into a Freeze arrow a'la Sub Zero for a reset... so godlike. Green Arrow looks like he's going to be top tier with that shit.

Unfortunately seeing this game is making me play mk less and less. It's kinda rertarded but my hype for this game is killing mk. Is this happening to anyone else?

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Unfortunately seeing this game is making me play mk less and less. It's kinda rertarded but my hype for this game is killing mk. Is this happening to anyone else?

Me too, kind of... I'm still playing MK because of upcoming tournies. On the side however, to hold me over for a more refreshing experience, I've been playing DOA 5. Once a demo for Injustice comes out though... Whew. It's on. Good ol' Bats better be on that demo too, lmao.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Seriously, imagine doing an FCP with Green Arrow into SUPER, then continue the combo into a Freeze arrow a'la Sub Zero for a reset... so godlike. Green Arrow looks like he's going to be top tier with that shit.
u cant really combo into his super as the explosive sticks in the ground for a few ticks then blows up, There are a basic couple strings that can true combo into it but not when juggled. He does have a couple of dirty heavy block stuns that when combo'd into the super, will result in the block eating it. (the player needs to be aware of those and take the hit of that move in anticipation or have a backdash / inv special queued to reverse out of the blockstun with. You can't combo into ice arrows unless you already have an ice arrow loaded in your quiver. (He's super dangerous when he has one loaded, but then he can't shoot any regular shots limiting some options)

Gimmick

Noob
colt, i remember you saying on an mk stream you were working on a character with better zoning than freddy. Was Green Arrow him?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
u cant really combo into his super as the explosive sticks in the ground for a few ticks then blows up, There are a basic couple strings that can true combo into it but not when juggled. He does have a couple of dirty heavy block stuns that when combo'd into the super, will result in the block eating it. (the player needs to be aware of those and take the hit of that move in anticipation or have a backdash / inv special queued to reverse out of the blockstun with. You can't combo into ice arrows unless you already have an ice arrow loaded in your quiver. (He's super dangerous when he has one loaded, but then he can't shoot any regular shots limiting some options)
Invincible reversals?