What's new

Injustice - Moscow Tournament Updates

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
If you remember back on September 18th we reported Moscow having a video game exhibition where Injustice was actually going to be involved. This was a tournament that was essentially for fun and the winner would receive an HD Tv. In addition to this and being reported from Fighting.Ru the players have been giving a few highlights of the game as well as issues including the Flash apparently being over-powered. Now, before we just to any conclusions with this... mind you this is a very early build that is meant to show the game off and nowhere near the finished product.

In addition to this, here is a list compiled by Prinz taken from Fighting.Ru:
injustice1.jpg
Update on the first day of the tournament:
- All characters compared to Flash are low-bottom tiers. They all seem balanced except the Flash.
- A bug discovered: there is some kind of combination when, if done, replenishes the whole bar of health back.(update: not a bug, this is a show version of the game)
- Some attacks displayed in the movelist come with framedata.
- Top 4 places are 4 Flashes.
- no wake-ups in this build;
- the code for health and meter regeneration was discovered and banned, only workable on XBOX version of the game. (not an actual issue, again this is a "show" build.)

Attachments

Was Catwoman in this build or not? Probably not because they need equal on both sides of the roster screen.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I sooooooooo want to bring up Flash in the feebdack video, but from the impressions everyone is giving off I should instead push for more in depth and high level breakdowns of characters so we can hopefully give them accurate feedback on character abilities before I start bringing up stuff like this.

I wonder if it would hurt to at least point out that Flash overwhelmingly dominated their tourney, though? Maybe use it as a buildup for why we would like more in depth footage so they can predict things like that easier...

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I sooooooooo want to bring up Flash in the feebdack video, but from the impressions everyone is giving off I should instead push for more in depth and high level breakdowns of characters so we can hopefully give them accurate feedback on character abilities before I start bringing up stuff like this.

I wonder if it would hurt to at least point out that Flash overwhelmingly dominated their tourney, though? Maybe use it as a buildup for why we would like more in depth footage so they can predict things like that easier...
If it puts anything into perspective the MK9 demo on ps3 had 4 characters and they were all hilariously overpowered and broken, like Scorpion and Cage both had basic jab block infinites, everyone had ridiculous combos. It was like night and day compared to what we actually got in the real game.

Character balance is like the least important thing to be worried about ATM.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Yeah, your right. I will push hard for in depth character breakdowns and more character trailers though for us to pick apart. They need to understand they can't get good feedback if they don't show us a really complete overview of the cast and how they operate.

I'm going to predict that either a flash, superman, or batman will win the first injustice tournaments. I know this game isn't out yet, but if these chars keep everything they have right now as far as their tools go, one of them is winning the first tournament. Tom will probably win the first one with superman haha.