What's new

Injustice May Include Extra Characters by Including "Retro Skins"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Yesterday on ComicBookMovie.com they posted an interesting article concerning Boon mentioning 'retro skins'. Now, there is nothing definite on this, however, it is being considered and if used, NetherRealm Studios will be able to incorporate even more characters by way of 'retro skin'. An explanation of this is if said character was the original Batman, but later that character turned in to someone else... a retro skin would let you pick either the Bruce Wayne version or the Robin version.
dcf2.jpg

"One thing we’ve been considering doing is alternate skins for the characters. It’d be cool if we could, say, have a main Barry Allen skin and then if you really want to go retro have a Kid Flash skin, or Impulse. All of those things would be a lot of fun," Boon explained.
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=72296#AJ6VkRx7pUfyhoVD.99
Credit: Cruz

Attachments

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Really wish they wouldn't use the word "retro" as that pretty much says "no John Stewart".

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Cool idea on one hand to get some more outfits, but I really don't want to play as Red Hood with Nightwing's moveset...

Cruz

Banned
What he really means i thinks is that too similar characters are possible if the moveset and voice fit.
Like Tim Drake with Nightwing and Kid Flash with The Flash for GL that would be Kyle Rayner cause
i don't like to say it but i don't think they'll pay for an extra voice actor for a Stewart alt skin.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
What he really means i thinks is that too similar characters are possible if the moveset and voice fit.
Like Tim Drake with Nightwing and Kid Flash with The Flash for GL that would be Kyle Rayner cause
i don't like to say it but i don't think they'll pay for an extra voice actor for an Stewart alt skin.

They could have Cyborgs VA do it.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
But who would Tim Drake be? Dick Grayson is nightwing. Tim Drake is Robin/Red Robin.

I could see a robin costume for Grayson, and if that is the case, I will have to main nightwing.

Cruz

Banned
But who would Tim Drake be? Dick Grayson is nightwing. Tim Drake is Robin/Red Robin.

I could see a robin costume for Grayson, and if that is the case, I will have to main nightwing.
It's for costumes cause Tim would be too similar to Nightwing cause he uses Tim's staff so......

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Nightwing uses a staff and beating sticks. Red Robin uses a staff mixed with robin gadgets.

either way, whatever character gets a Robin skin/Red Robin skin I will play. I am more intrigued by Red Robin than anything.

Cruz

Banned
I just thought if you put Nightwing's voice on Batman and give him his old Robin costume you have
Dick as Robin.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
as far as alts go i hope they have a alt for quinn so she looks like she does in the cartoons.

Reedoms

Noob
They'd better put in either Guy Gardner or Kyle. Those two never get any love in the GL mythos outside of comics.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Can we get a wonder woman alt where she looks like the wonder woman in the banner? :p

Hopefully GL gets John Stewart as an alt.