What's new

Injustice - Latest Comic Book Cover has Batman Standing Alone

Spinky

Hopium Junkie
If you've been reading the Injustice comics, you know the intensity of the current events. Both sides are beginning to be molded in to what we will be walking in to come the release of Injustice. Superman has been sent over the edge by the Joker and his reign continues. This is also beginning to stir very serious issues for the entire world and especially for Batman at this point. The next Injustice comic book cover has recently been released and is sure to leave Batman fans in awe.

Read the summary for this cover below.

"Batman recovers from a devastating tragedy with only Catwoman at his side, and then goes underground to start developing the resistance against Superman’s new world order—but The Man of Steel is about to take the battle to the next level. Collects three chapters from the digital-first series inspired by the highly anticipated game."

edited by STORMS*

Attachments

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I'm guessing something happens to the Bat-family..

That art is nice, so Catwoman is part of the Insurgency it seems. I suspected that.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I'm kinda hoping they killed Damian or something since I don't want him in the game lol. Although now that he's apparently dead in the comics that seems a bit unlikely.
That was actually the first thing that came to my mind, lol. I wonder if Nightwing ends up betraying Batman somehow.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I'm kinda hoping they killed Damian or something since I don't want him in the game lol. Although now that he's apparently dead in the comics that seems a bit unlikely.
Oh as if he's actually going to stay dead, I hope to god he does because the finality of death in a comic should be a huge thing. Bruce Wayne should have stayed dead.

The cover look awesome, but I'm betting on Alfred more than anyone else. He is literally the last remaining part of his family, sure he has Robins but this is the man who raised him! That being said Damian was on the front of that one cover for the comic, so maybe he will die, I mean not everyone who appears on the comic covers is in the game, but we can assume he will make an appearance in the comic.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I was just saying that because I wasn't sure if DC would want to kill him off twice at around the same time.
Yeah I know what you meant, I'm thinking Alfred for sure! He's literally Bruce's dad and that pose Batman is in on the cover is crazy familiar to his standard " MY PARENTS ARE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!" pose

Spinky

Hopium Junkie
You know, I'm usually not a fan of the whole "Superman going bad" thing but I'm actually really liking where they're going with this.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
You know, I'm usually not a fan of the whole "Superman going bad" thing but I'm actually really liking where they're going with this.
I think it's partially because it's not the usual story of "What if Superman was a a total dick?" and instead "What if Superman is sort of evil but really honestly believes he's doing the right thing?". It's the fact he's not just like, tossing toddlers into the sun for kicks...

Spinky

Hopium Junkie
I think it's partially because it's not the usual story of "What if Superman was a a total dick?" and instead "What if Superman is sort of evil but really honestly believes he's doing the right thing?". It's the fact he's not just like, tossing toddlers into the sun for kicks...
Yeah, I mean he's not technically evil.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
It's really hard to judge, haven't really seen the lengths he's going with the Regime. Justice Lord-style mass lobotomizations? Straight up executions? How strict is the police state style law enforcement? Is the gestapo gonna come rolling in for a mild disturbance? Etc.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Batman might cause the Death of Damian, the last cover was a huge fight and if a bunch of people are leaving his side then it's probably something he did.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
I like that cover I always said no matter what CatWoman would always stand with Batman, he probably really needs her too seeing how trashed he looks.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Wow i never really give a fuck about art but this Cover makes me feel sad inside, it just captures emotion, Especially Batmans Devastation face, Catwomens close sympathy and Superman that looks like he's mourning in sorrow,,,, this shit is gonna be dark

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol well Damian seems to be the posterboy for "death" in Batman isn't he?

Or as others said, Alfred or perhaps Batgirl...

Superman always did make for a better villain then hero since he's so overpowered. Even then a lot of people say he's still boring and I think you guys figured out the problem. Every other time they did a "what if Superman was evil?" story they just made him a dick for the sake of being a dick. Here it's actually done better because he isn't doing evil for the sake of just being evil, he really thinks he is doing the right thing. Thats what they have been doing wrong for so many years, he makes a good tragic villain who is misguided, much better then someone like Lex who just wants power.

MKF30 cause they actually have the balls to kill. Plus this is a AU so they're free to do what they want.