What's new

Injustice - Joker Kinda Advanced Combos and Setups

oNe87_Kentucky

Hunter, Not hunted.
Not exactly my style but very good job. I think you found a new mind game... Just turn on your Mic. "Click click click click click"

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I really like these. There were a few I hadn't seen, some that I had, and some dangerously close to what I've been working on BUUUUUUUT (And I feel this is what we should all be doing) you need to turn on auto-block a lot and see what you can do if the opponent blocks these resets. I would almost say that we get more off of blocked resets in some cases than we do off of the ones that hit.

I really like these. There were a few I hadn't seen, some that I had, and some dangerously close to what I've been working on BUUUUUUUT (And I feel this is what we should all be doing) you need to turn on auto-block a lot and see what you can do if the opponent blocks these resets. I would almost say that we get more off of blocked resets in some cases than we do off of the ones that hit.
Most of them leaves you really + with the teeth. I guess that even if they block the teeth, they'll have to get a 50/50 (instant J2 and B1) Do you know if Instant J2 is punishable if blocked?

DraCuILa

Mute Jokester
I think u have to block after blocked instant j2, it should be -3 or something like that correct me if I'm wrong. Nice video tho Brian definitely stealing some of these :p

Last edited:

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Most of them leaves you really + with the teeth. I guess that even if they block the teeth, they'll have to get a 50/50 (instant J2 and B1) Do you know if Instant J2 is punishable if blocked?
Punishable, depends on how high you hit it; not actually sure if you can punish instant air j2 or not, but there are a lot of characters who can crouch it completely then punish it on whiff. Also after a flower you are not in range for an instant air j2. I am working on/may have found something to remedy these issues though.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Punishable, depends on how high you hit it; not actually sure if you can punish instant air j2 or not, but there are a lot of characters who can crouch it completely then punish it on whiff. Also after a flower you are not in range for an instant air j2. I am working on/may have found something to remedy these issues though.
if done correctly you cant crouch it. every char in the game can punish it.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
if done correctly you cant crouch it. every char in the game can punish it.
What do you mean by if done correctly?
Do you mean if something is used to make them stand (What I'm looking into now) or do you mean time it fast enough, because small hitbox characters like BG and CW can most definitely crouch it (Although I didn't test with neutral jump IA j2... Is the hitbox any different on it than on forward jump IA j2?).

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
What do you mean by if done correctly?
Do you mean if something is used to make them stand (What I'm looking into now) or do you mean time it fast enough, because small hitbox characters like BG and CW can most definitely crouch it (Although I didn't test with neutral jump IA j2... Is the hitbox any different on it than on forward jump IA j2?).
IANJ2 hits extremely low. It should easily hit them.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Like qwark said ianj2 hits on the entire cast
But is punishable on block

Havent checked the vid
I'll see when i get home

Edit: Watched the vid. Pretty cool stuff. Some different variations of the corner stuff, gonna have to explore it a bit. Nice stuff regardless.

Last edited:

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Like qwark said ianj2 hits on the entire cast
But is punishable on block

Havent checked the vid
I'll see when i get home
So it does have to be a neutral jump then?

This makes it extremely less useful to me; makes the threat of instant j2/low/ambiguous j2 not present, and punishable.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
So it does have to be a neutral jump then?

This makes it extremely less useful to me; makes the threat of instant j2/low/ambiguous j2 not present, and punishable.
I'm 99% certain it has to be a neutral jump. b1 and insta j2 mix ups are only really worth it when you have teeth underneath them since you can use the teeth cancel tech to force it to combo. And this really only comes into play when people become comfortable blocking the unblockables, or you are certain they are always crouch blocking after particular set ups. Because 53% for no meter is nothing to scoff at.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I'm 99% certain it has to be a neutral jump. b1 and insta j2 mix ups are only really worth it when you have teeth underneath them since you can use the teeth cancel tech to force it to combo. And this really only comes into play when people become comfortable blocking the unblockables, or you are certain they are always crouch blocking after particular set ups. Because 53% for no meter is nothing to scoff at.
Okay that's what I thought.

What if I told you I may have found a way to do an improved version of this mixup while also keeping the threat of crossup j2, making it safe (I think, need to test more) and can be done without teeth under them/off of a combo ender or blockstring?

I'm still working on it, and need to test it out in live matches over the next few days, but I may have found a way to have a legit 33/33/33 (Or better! These mixups, even when blocked, are leading into more mixups) off of nearly everything and may have turned Joker into the highest damage vortex character in the game.

That said I may be getting your hopes up for nothing; I need to test this more.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Okay that's what I thought.

What if I told you I may have found a way to do an improved version of this mixup while also keeping the threat of crossup j2, making it safe (I think, need to test more) and can be done without teeth under them/off of a combo ender or blockstring?

I'm still working on it, and need to test it out in live matches over the next few days, but I may have found a way to have a legit 33/33/33 (Or better! These mixups, even when blocked, are leading into more mixups) off of nearly everything and may have turned Joker into the highest damage vortex character in the game.

That said I may be getting your hopes up for nothing; I need to test this more.
Lol almost sounds too good to be true
Can't wait to see it

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Lol almost sounds too good to be true
Can't wait to see it
Well, so far the keeping it safe doesn't quite apply as much as I thought. 2 of the options are safe, one is not but kind of hard to punish.

Also if this does work and I do share it, it's going to affect more than just Joker. I already know Harley can use this almost as effectively as Joker (There is a way to escape hers though, at least for some characters. so not a true 50/50 for her, whereas ours can be a straight guess depending on how we set it up.).

That said, I need what is more or less a formality at this point, but to test it in live matches.

Well, so far the keeping it safe doesn't quite apply as much as I thought. 2 of the options are safe, one is not but kind of hard to punish.

Also if this does work and I do share it, it's going to affect more than just Joker. I already know Harley can use this almost as effectively as Joker (There is a way to escape hers though, at least for some characters. so not a true 50/50 for her, whereas ours can be a straight guess depending on how we set it up.).

That said, I need what is more or less a formality at this point, but to test it in live matches.
ooooooooorrrr.... we can create a conversation involving all the Joker players and you can share it. hehehehehe :)

Fromundaman

I write too much.
ooooooooorrrr.... we can create a conversation involving all the Joker players and you can share it. hehehehehe :)
I'd rather test it more extensively first and if I do share it, get videos, first. This way I (hopefully) won't get told, like pretty much every other time I've tried sharing tech in the chat, that I don't know what I'm talking about.