What's new

Injustice - It's a "New Experience" Unlike MK vs DC 2 Expectations

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
During the exciting E3 Expo news and updates have been pouring in what all of the place with the main gateway being twitter. One of TRMK's editiors, Scott Ellison II has been tweeting about the game as it seems while standing in line to play the Super-Hero game and some thoughts about the game after. His description is short and sweet but it also helps puts some skeptics to rest. These skeptics we're referring to are any assumptions of this game being a "Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe" sequel. it appears that this game is a "new experience", as tweeted by TRMK editor Scott Ellison.

scott.jpg

Additionally, learn the new way of blocking in Injustice here!

dc4.jpg

Attachments

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Why is there SO much hype for this game that TestYourMight has become 70/30 Injustice updates of nothing specific vs MK9 articles?

From what I've seen so far of the gameplay videos, it doesn't appear to be fluid, there's an overabundance of cinematic moves (read: moves where you the player aren't doing anything), and some characters have innately different functional abilities that may be game-breaking (superman can fly - no one else can. Balance that, I dare you.)

Am I not seeing something in this gameplay that's causing Injustice to have front page posts about nothing on an MK9 site?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Why is there SO much hype for this game that TestYourMight has become 70/30 Injustice updates of nothing specific vs MK9 articles?

From what I've seen so far of the gameplay videos, it doesn't appear to be fluid, there's an overabundance of cinematic moves (read: moves where you the player aren't doing anything), and some characters have innately different functional abilities that may be game-breaking (superman can fly - no one else can. Balance that, I dare you.)

Am I not seeing something in this gameplay that's causing Injustice to have front page posts about nothing on an MK9 site?

Probably because the MK community will be dying off after EVO. That and there is no great MK news right now. Most of us are looking forward to the next NRS game.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape

Because superheroes fighting each other is cool

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.

Well its something new from NRS. Since mk9 was their first really, REALLY good game for what, 10 years, we're kinda anxious to see what they're going to do next. I understand where you're coming from, but there may or may not be an Injustice forum. Hell I probably wouldn't sign up for that though. The game is in early development, I'm sure many, many changes will be made to it. Its E3 week too, surprised we're not seeing more information on that. Although status feeds are basically summing up the underwhelming press conferences for us.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Probably because the MK community will be dying off after EVO. That and there is no great MK news right now. Most of us are looking forward to the next NRS game.
That makes no sense and is full of assumptions with zero evidence to back it up. Luckily, you can't possibly have evidence in the first place of either of those statements, especially the first one since it's subjective.

Medina4life

Media Master
Maybe because the people that created the franchise for this site's existence made this game too?

Or maybe because we are at a point in Mk9's life cycle where nothing really news worthy is happening?

How can you seriously even ask that question? Did you expect Storms to make a new website called InjusticeYourMight.com and put all information there? Maybe we should post nothing but this character is top 5 threads on TYM front page and ignore actual news to what the guys who made Mk are doing...

Also, I am pretty sure the name of this site is Testyourmight.com, not Nothingbutonlymortalkombat9.com

I'm interested, but like others have pointed out I'm nervous about all of the cinematic stuff and environmental hazards. Typically the fighting game community at large has turned their noses up at such mechanics for better or worse. Still, Ed says they're gearing it towards tournaments so who knows? In the end a fighting game doesn't have to be competitive as long as someone is having fun with it, but I do hope it ends up being a competitive game.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
That makes no sense and is full of assumptions with zero evidence to back it up. Luckily, you can't possibly have evidence in the first place of either of those statements, especially the first one since it's subjective.

Ok. 1. So you believe MK9 will be at EVO next year? The turnouts are already shortening. 2. Look at the Injustice articles and count the replies and see the hype from the community. Then go look at the MK articles before those and count the replies. It's new and fresh. 3. Please tell me the groundbreaking MK news I missed that is front page worthy over a new title from NRS.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!

We haven't really seen gameplay, we have just seen random footage edited together to make an interesting trailer for the general public, we have no idea how the pace of the game is going to be, or how often you actually use those stage transitions.

Also wonder woman can fly, and I bet a whole bunch of other characters will be able to as well.

Why its so popular is that its NEW, and right now we know very little about it, so everyone is curious to see what the fuck kind of game this is.

Reedoms

Noob

The people who are making the game made MK9
MK vs DC was a thing and it had a following that still is here.
I'd venture to say that quite a few people here read comics and are excited for a DC fighter.
Not to mention this game was announced just a few days ago. There is going to be hype because people are excited.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

its an alpha build MAYBE
duh.

And your first post isn't full of assumptions in a early development B-Roll footage thrown together for E3?'

Pako and Hec follow this community. Pako is STILL in every goddang MK stream watching, because he wants to not "has" to, and he has a brain, it'll be decent at the very least.

Rogue_Scrambles

Fear Burns Bright
ANYWAY...

going back to the original topic, I'm glad this game is going to be different, its not like Street Fighter, and MvC play the same just because they're made by the same company.

Medina4life

Media Master
Like I said on twitter... Injustice appears to have MK9 strings, DOA environment interactivity, SF3 meter system,Marvel 3 attack button layout and a standard fg block mechanic.... Sounds pretty dope, can't wait to at least give it a try

So you know the whole roster and their moves? Hell wonder waomna might be able to fly

Like I said on twitter... Injustice appears to have MK9 strings, DOA environment interactivity, SF3 meter system, VF 3 attack button layout and a standard fg block mechanic.... Sounds pretty dope, can't wait to at least give it a try
Being a little nit-pick, but everyone keeps saying Virtua FIghter has a 3 attack layout. Virtua fighter has 3 buttons: Punch, Kick, Guard.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Like I said on twitter... Injustice appears to have MK9 strings, DOA environment interactivity, SF3 meter system, VF 3 attack button layout and a standard fg block mechanic.... Sounds pretty dope, can't wait to at least give it a try
^ Seriously.

A game incorporating this many good features from this many solid games of the past, if well-assembled and thoroughly tested, is gonna blow minds like a fellatio lobotomy.

Everything that's happened in MK9's lifespan has built up to this game.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
TYM is a site for Midway and NRS games. This includes anything not MK.