What's new

Injustice 'Hands on' by VentureBeat, talks about demo's "cruel cliffhanger" of Chapter 1

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
While getting a first glimpse of chapter 1 in Injustice's story mode, VentureBeat has posted an article dealing with their 'hands-on preview' of the game from their point of view. With Injustice to feature even more content than Mortal Kombat 9 along with a packed and aiming to be a "completely flawless" presentation, it seems that everything about the game will go almost seamless. For example, VeantureBeat mentions the first fight is between Deathstroke and Batman and how using the environments options can make you quite the successor, “The successful players [will be] the players that are going to incorporate the background elements into the match versus just trying to play it like a normal fighting game,” said NetherRealm Studios producer Hector Sanchez.
Continue reading over at VentureBeat!

lex.jpg

Credit: EventHubs.com

Attachments

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Demo may mean "demo given to magazines", we may get nothing. However this would be a good way to showcase IGAU and leave people wanting more.

For some of these storytelling segments, you don’t even have to put down the controller. Timed minigames appear for certain groups of heroes and villains, and the outcome determines how much damage your opponent will already have going into the fight. One such event takes place when playing as Batman: Lex Luthor starts charging toward you, and you have to throw your Batarangs to slow him down.
Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/30/injustice-gods-among-us-preview/#MJefOGd2tsWFIfm3.99
You see this is what I like. I loved it in RE4, and it sounds great in Injustice!

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I love the article title.

Injustice: Gods Among Us is not a reskinned Mortal Kombat (hands-on preview)

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I know everyone is on a jizz fest over this game but i found Hector's comments quite unsettling...

“The successful players [will be] the players that are going to incorporate the background elements into the match versus just trying to play it like a normal fighting game,” said NetherRealm Studios producer Hector Sanchez. “That’s why the arena choices are so important at the beginning of a [multiplayer] match. Do I want to play in a match where someone has the opportunity to keep throwing stuff at me, or do I want to play a match that’s more about positioning?”

Hopefully the rumors are true and you can turn the gimmicks off..

Hell yeah at least we got to see Bane in that pic:D

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I know everyone is on a jizz fest over this game but i found Hector's comments quite unsettling...

“The successful players [will be] the players that are going to incorporate the background elements into the match versus just trying to play it like a normal fighting game,” said NetherRealm Studios producer Hector Sanchez. “That’s why the arena choices are so important at the beginning of a [multiplayer] match. Do I want to play in a match where someone has the opportunity to keep throwing stuff at me, or do I want to play a match that’s more about positioning?”

Hopefully the rumors are true and you can turn the gimmicks off..
You can, but you wouldn't want to unless you're a noob. Which is the way it should be.

You can, but you wouldn't want to unless you're a noob. Which is the way it should be.
I agree. I think the potential of mindgames and combos is endless, when it comes to the stage interactive stuff in Injustice.
In theory it should generate more swag and hype.

And to be honest right now I don't really think that the stage is going to matter that much in the end, since I don't expect certain characters to have that much of an game breaking advantage if they're playing on a specific stage.
What should happen during these scenarios anyway? In theory they should have the same advantages / disadvantages on every stage anyway, since Nightwing will always be bouncing off something, while Superman picks it up.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I agree. I think the potential of mindgames and combos is endless, when it comes to the stage interactive stuff in Injustice.
In theory it should generate more swag and hype.

And to be honest right now I don't really think that the stage is going to matter that much in the end, since I don't expect certain characters to have that much of an game breaking advantage if they're playing on a specific stage.
What should happen during these scenarios anyway? In theory they should have the same advantages / disadvantages on every stage anyway, since Nightwing will always be bouncing off something, while Superman picks it up.
We'll have to wait and see, I guess. Obviously some will be more useful than others though.

I'm just not looking forward to seeing the stage transition thing a billion times. I haven't even played the game yet and I'm tired of seeing it.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'm just not looking forward to seeing the stage transition thing a billion times. I haven't even played the game yet and I'm tired of seeing it.
^This ten fold. I am really hype for IGAU, but I'm already sick of the stage transition as well. I can only imagine how annoyed I'll be after a week lol.