What's new

Injustice Guide corrections

I wrote for Aquaman, Green Lantern, Joker, Shazam, Sinestro, Solomon Grundy, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

There are a few corrections that I am making here because I either missed something or found a better option after the guide was written.

Aquaman:
1. When doing combos with his back to the wall, end the combo with 223. This way you don't lose any damage and still get the untechable knockdown. So, for example.. with your back to wall you would do B+12~DB2, B+12~MB DB2, 22~DB1, 223 for 40%.

2. His F+13 string is adv on block. In the corner you can use this string and the opponent must block a D+1~DB1 0r D+1~DF1. F+13 ends with an overhead launcher that can be interrupted in between with a parry or armor. You can use F+1~DB1 as a low option mix up and this cannot be interrupted. However, F+13 and F+1~DB1 can be fuzzy guarded every time once your opponent gets used to it. When this happens use F+13 and F+1, then B+12 and this beats the fuzzy guard.

3. Trident Rush and Meter Burn Trident Rush are punished by attacks at least 8 frames or faster.

Green Lantern:
1. B+13 cannot be interrupted by a D+1 or uppercut anymore. It can only be interrupted by a super move.

Sinestro:
1. Didn't include one of his BnBs. B+13, B+3, jumping 3, B+213 - 31%

Solomon Grundy:
1. after MB walking corpse hits with Grundy's back to the wall, follow up with 11~pain chain.

2. 11 is a good string to use in close but its very hard to hit confirm into a special cancel.

Superman:
1. Breath is +1 on block (frame data changed from build to build). You can F+23~breath, F+23~breath and the opponent has to parry, use armor, back dash(some have to double back dash), or D+1 to escape. All of these options can be baited.

Wonder Woman:
1. Better BnB off of 33, B+113, and uppercut...

*33, 23, B+3, jumping 3, B+113~DF1
*B+113, 23, B+3, jumping 3, B+113~DF1
*D+2, 23, B+3, jumping 3, B+113~DF1

2. MB tiara in lasso stance and MB shied toss in shield stance grant a guaranteed combo.

3. Wonder Woman can cancel normal attacks and strings into a stance transition, then cancel into a special move, and in most cases this cannot be interrupted.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
I'm finding the strategy guide highly deficient overall. Honestly I've never seen a fighting game strategy guide with so many omissions in it - and no, I'm not talking about changes that happen between versions. Just one example: at no point in the entire guide as far as I can tell does it tell you the command input for starting a clash. Brand new game mechanic, never been seen before - one hazy paragraph that doesn't even include the motion (least of all practical strategies).

Midersaw

Noob
I was disappointed to find that the guide didn't have a breakdown of each character's wakeup moves; which are best in what situations, invincibility, etc.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
I was disappointed to find that the guide didn't have a breakdown of each character's wakeup moves; which are best in what situations, invincibility, etc.
It is becoming more apparent that there is literally *nothing* of value in this strategy guide. I don't know what restrictions Tom Brady, CD jr and PL were working under, but they should be ashamed of this product.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Trini bwoi
We should add the Deathstroke frame advantage number corrections to this.
I'm finding the strategy guide highly deficient overall. Honestly I've never seen a fighting game strategy guide with so many omissions in it - and no, I'm not talking about changes that happen between versions. Just one example: at no point in the entire guide as far as I can tell does it tell you the command input for starting a clash. Brand new game mechanic, never been seen before - one hazy paragraph that doesn't even include the motion (least of all practical strategies).
This. Its not even in your move list in game. I still see folks ask how they are doing it. Forward +R2/Rt on last lifebar is all we needed plus when and why you should use it. I like how a dude saw my GA combo wouldn't kill him without the combo followup so he blew it when I tried to convert the super after I was out 4 bars. Friggin smart. Netted him a lot of that damage back in health.

Tom Brady,

Have you asked Prima if they considered making a Ebooks strategy life guide which you guys can update as the dynamics start presenting themselves more?

I am surprised, that for a company whom prides itself on Strategy Guides, they fail at the one constant aspect in Strategy (especially in gaming) - things always change. Hopefully, they will come to understand this one day and start putting out Ebooks that they will allow you (Tom Brady) to update as the meta spikes.

I have never bought they're books for this reason.

Tom Brady,

Have you asked Prima if they considered making a Ebooks strategy life guide which you guys can update as the dynamics start presenting themselves more?

I am surprised, that for a company whom prides itself on Strategy Guides, they fail at the one constant aspect in Strategy (especially in gaming) - things always change. Hopefully, they will come to understand this one day and start putting out Ebooks that they will allow you (Tom Brady) to update as the meta spikes.

I have never bought they're books for this reason.
Yes, I would love an ebook version of it too!

Midersaw

Noob
The more I try to use the guide for information, the more disappointed I am. The guide is a pretty good rough draft. It's just too bare bones to be sold as a definitive guide though.

Dpayne82

Noob
I should pick this guide up this weekend, hopefully the people who worked on the other characters will provide some updates in this thread as well so the guide stays relevant.

This is difficult to get hold of here in the UK, but managed to find a h/b copy of the collector's edition, and it's very useful for novices IMO - a little basic info about the mechanics of the game, with enough character specific info to get people going with whichever character.

There must be a limit to the amount of info they can put in these guides, it all having to be easily accessible, due to the mixed readership.

Money well spent for me, and it's nice to see it's being updated here and on Prima's site.