What's new

Injustice - Exclusive GameStop Red Son Costumes and Story for Superman, Wonder Woman, Solomon Grundy

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Just in and it seems ljust like how it was for Mortal Kombat 9 there will be exclusive Injustice - Gods Among Us skins if you pre-order the game at your local GameStop store. Below is an image of these skins of Solomon Grundy, Superman and Wonder Woman. Is this one of your favorite costumes for these characters? It seems there will be many more to come!

You’ll be able to play Injustice: Gods Among Us sometime in April 2013 and if you pre-order either the PS3 or Xbox version of the game at EB Games Canada right now, or Gamestop USA soon, you’ll get the exclusiveRed Son Pack for free.
This pack explores what would happen if Superman’s ship had landed in the Soviet Union, rather than Smallville, Kansas. It will include alternate Red Son skins for Superman, Wonder Woman, and Solomon Grundy, and it also includes 20 additional missions set within the Red Son storyline.

Source: TrendyGamers.com
Article edited by STORMS*

Attachments

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I can almost guarantee this will be exclusive for a month or two, and nothing more. I'm not getting RE6 from gamestop for "the exclusive catacombs level" for mercenaries but I'm not worried because I'll be getting it eventually. All the mk9 "exclusive" costumes are available for all, so this would be no different. Hopefully they don't charge for it. Never heard of Red Son, but the only comic I'm reading right now is Suicide Squad. How is commie Supes? lol

Oh almost forgot: Reedoms.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Actually I think this might the challenger tower equivalent, as Red Son Superman randomly showing up seems kinda improbable.
True...but a supercharged Challenge Tower, like with more to it than just "Here's your goal, here are your stips, FIGHT" would be equally awesome.

Reedoms

Noob
Ho shit, this is the first time I've ever wanted to pre-order anything from Gamestop. I fucking LOVE Red Son. Looks really interesting.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Where's mah batman alts?

But those Wonder Woman and Superman costumes look amazing (minus the russian symbol where the "S" should be) I like that black and red over his blue and red.

Reedoms

Noob
Superman costumes look amazing (minus the russian symbol where the "S" should be)
That's sorta the whole point of the costume. It's Communist Russia Superman.

Also, I hope they end up making these available to everyone later. I really dislike pre-order bonuses.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
That's sorta the whole point of the costume. It's Communist Russia Superman.

Also, I hope they end up making these available to everyone later. I really dislike pre-order bonuses.
I know that, but I don't like the way it looks inside the symbol. That was the point of my post.

And anyway, why would it change just b/c he landed there instead? The "S" doesn't stand for United States does it?

Reedoms

Noob
And anyway, why would it change just b/c he landed there instead? The "S" doesn't stand for United States does it?
No, but he was a major political person when he started out. Was well in with Stalin. He decided to go with the Sickle and Hammer as his symbol. Then became ruler of the world.

I know that, but I don't like the way it looks inside the symbol. That was the point of my post.

The hammer and sickle is both a symbol of the Soviet Union and it makes an R for Russia. The "S" is actually an Anglicized version of the House of El's crest. I imagine the government dictation whatever he puts on his chest and a hammer/sickle made into an "R" for Russia are definitely likely.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Set within the Red Son storyline?
Oh man if the mission mode lets you play through missions and enjoy stories from these character's pasts I am going to be SO hyped during the single player mode. Here's hoping The Death of Superman is a story mode with missions I can play or that either Hush or Red Hood storylines show up for Batman to play through. Awesome idea of using old source material to add fun to missions.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
I want to hear the opinion of the two russian players on the game now.
Это очень круто! =) This is definitely going to be most used costume in online here in Russia. Unfortunately, the culture of comic books is not so developed in our country, so not everyone could understand the awesomeness of this DLC pack.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
Yeah it looks like our "mission mode" will be a couple of past comic story arcs, which is incredibly cool. If you look closely, the first one says "Rise of Grundy - Keep Superman occupied for 60 seconds while Grundy's allies infiltrate the K.G.B." and you can see you can one, two or three stars on each mission. It looks pretty sweet!

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Definitely a cool thing, I love alternate costumes and now it even adds missions based on those costumes? Very awesome!

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
I can almost guarantee this will be exclusive for a month or two, and nothing more. I'm not getting RE6 from gamestop for "the exclusive catacombs level" for mercenaries but I'm not worried because I'll be getting it eventually. All the mk9 "exclusive" costumes are available for all, so this would be no different. Hopefully they don't charge for it. Never heard of Red Son, but the only comic I'm reading right now is Suicide Squad. How is commie Supes? lol

Oh almost forgot: Reedoms.
id be careful, the Gears of War exclusive preorder stuff was only obtainable once. they released them again wayyy later, but they were color swaps and you could clearly tell the difference. if you dont plan on using these 0utfits really then i wouldnt worry, but if youre all about these, then go for it. at worst you have to return the game and get your money back a few days later, you still get the dlc codes however