What's new

Injustice DLC

I know guest characters aren't necessarily the most favorable on this forum... But I think there's a few Injustice characters that could make a good transition into the MK world.

Black Manta would be my #1... But I don't think we'll ever get him since he was DLC last game.
Deathstroke would be my close #2
Deadshot, Red Hood, etc., all could be cool additions

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Don't worry about people not liking guests, my guy.

There's plenty of reason to like them and they're good for the game.

That said: the only pick I have is The Batman Who Laughs. And he's not in Injustice. Only because he's a fresh comic character, violent in nature, it wouldn't totally suck to see him get tore limb from limb.

That, or The Joker. Which is essentially not that different in spirit.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Eh. I like guest characters but DC characters should stay in DC. Even Joker or any of his AU counterparts I don't think would be that good to have in the game.
Sure we get MK characters in Injustice, but that's a different situation. MK is NRS' top dog so they get the extra rights.

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
There is one, ONLY one, logical and applicable choice, that I would not only accept AND play the fuck out of/probably co-main, but would make sense across the board as far as doing ALL the things.

He fits the MK mold, because he produces MK levels of violence everywhere he goes.
He's IMO and probably many others one of the Top 3 villains in DC history (below Joker, but above Bane). Which means he would sell at large for days and days, AND help draw in the "we love DC but never touched Injustice" base like they did with all the horror guests.
His original moveset is even simple but refined enough the current MK11 meta would accommodate it on the nose.

It's not Lobo.
Lobo would be pretty great, but he wouldn't be as big a draw.

I'll give you a hint: he will destroy you all.

:D

(Doomsday. I vote Doomsday.)

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
There is one, ONLY one, logical and applicable choice, that I would not only accept AND play the fuck out of/probably co-main, but would make sense across the board as far as doing ALL the things.

He fits the MK mold, because he produces MK levels of violence everywhere he goes.
He's IMO and probably many others one of the Top 3 villains in DC history (below Joker, but above Bane). Which means he would sell at large for days and days, AND help draw in the "we love DC but never touched Injustice" base like they did with all the horror guests.
His original moveset is even simple but refined enough the current MK11 meta would accommodate it on the nose.

It's not Lobo.
Lobo would be pretty great, but he wouldn't be as big a draw.

I'll give you a hint: he will destroy you all.

:D

(Doomsday. I vote Doomsday.)
Doomsday? Nah, Darkseid all the way

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
-Supergirl
so I can punish those teleport scrubs

-Aquaman/Shazam
They are the recent DC movies so one of them

-Wonderwomen
She has an upcoming movie prob in 2020

-The Endless
Not from an Injustice game but they are part of the DC universe, and if they can make group characters like the TMNT then The Endless should be, they also would fit in the MK universe being how they are described as Dark Gods

-Batman AND Superman
Just like how INJ2 got Scrub-Zero and Raiden I'm thinking MK11 is gonna get the iconic INJ2 cover boyz

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Apart from questions of whether they fit the MK aesthetic or not, there's a different problem, which is that DC might be very reluctant to have most of their characters get their face sliced off and their brain eaten on a nightly basis. That's the problem with licensing characters for MK, they have to be characters their owners don't mind seeing destroyed and humiliated in extremely gory fashion.

I could see WB being OK with that happening to Joker. He's had some nasty shit happen to him already over the years, nothing new, really.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The thing that is scariest about the Batman who laughs is beyond it just being Batman and Joker combined. It is Joker’s ideologies but that is still Bruce Wayne, you can put a face behind it and he has all of Bruce’s abilities and intelligence.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Doomsday? Nah, Darkseid all the way
Darkseid can't do justice to the gore.
And his whole story is meant to fit around the DC universe. Doomsday is legit just pure destruction incarnate. He could maul and tear and crush and disembowel and it would look even more in the right place than Injustice 1, because THAT'S what a Destroyer Of Worlds is supposed to do: bleed the world dry and burn the whole damn thing to ashes and leave bodies in his wake.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I know guest characters aren't necessarily the most favorable on this forum... But I think there's a few Injustice characters that could make a good transition into the MK world.

Black Manta would be my #1... But I don't think we'll ever get him since he was DLC last game.
Deathstroke would be my close #2
Deadshot, Red Hood, etc., all could be cool additions
Yeap, pretty much only these would fit. Maybe some red or yellow lanterns too.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I think that by having Cetrion and Geras being Injustice-like in terms of design and/or gameplay is the right way to have an Injustice-like character in the game, instead of taking a character from Injustice (aka a DC character) and have them be a guest character.

I would love Batman as he's my favorite comic book character ever but I don't see DC allowing him or any other hero (Shazam, Superman, aquaman, etc) to kill/be killed so violently like they do in MK. That's why IF they were to Port anyone over it'd have to be a villain. Someone mentioned Scarecrow - he'd be great too!

I really do not appreciate the idea of bringing guests characters to the game if the mk roster is lacking classic ones, and as we have seen there will be a lot out of the game.
The only exception that I would accept with a smile in my face right now is Kratos. He fits with the mk universe and everybody (developers, us, market) would benefit from his inclusion in the game. It is Kratos time.

I just could imagine Atreus being kind of like Ferra....his dad suffers and he watches with the arrow mixing combos....dude....that would be nice to see.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I highly doubt WB wants the DC characters getting their heads ripped off, etc. If there will be guest characters they won't be superheroes.
yep .... don't want limitations in a 100% set MK game ... OK, Scorpion and Subby were guests on Injustice games, but, you can have a Injustice game without fatalities, the otherwise contrary, just doesn't work well .... see MK vs DC, what crap ! mixing that shit together , was a bad game ..... porting Injustice characters to this modern reboot MK , but, being unable to do fatatilities on them, due the "DC always win" censorship WB rule, it's just bullshit and waste of everyone time .... it's working wonderful well the way it is now : MK without Injustice characters, and Injustice, with ocasional MK guest, where there, you can tone down gore and violence ... in pure MK universe ambient, don't !! :D

portent

Noob
I've said this before, I will say it again:

The guest characters ALMOST always represent an advertisement, either as a pre-release or as post-release.

MK9 had Freddy. MK9 was released in 2011, Nightmare on Elm St. came out November, 2010.

MKX Had Predator, Alien, Leatherface, Jason. The only character who doesn't fit the mold is Jason, as his movie was 2009 and he was a planned DLC for MK9 with Freddy. Everyone else had a movie within 2 years of the game.

For MK11 here's who makes sense: Pennywise It Ch. 2 (2019), Joker (2019), Spawn (filming June 2019)

Joker makes the most sense here, as he's already been in a Mortal Kombat game with MKDC, as well as being killed, fairly graphically, by Superman in the Injustice comics series.

Pinhead is another possibility as there was a direct to video movie in 2018.

Likewise, Michael Myers, since there was a Halloween move in 2018.

If NRS sticks to the mainly post-release characters, then Pinhead and Myers are good bets. Otherwise, Joker and Pennywise are pretty good guesses as well. Spawn as well since McFarlane has said how much he'd be willing to work with NRS.