What's new

Injustice: Community Overview

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Hi guys. I wanted to break the characters down into groups based on their excellence. I can't do it alone because I don't play every character and I don't know everything. Why did I want to do this? No good reason. Will you help me? Thank you. Also if we can elaborate and expand somewhat on the entries, that's nice.

The Top 3...

Fighting Styles - Top 3 characters for each fighting style
Fundamental
Rushdown
Zoning
Hybrid
Grappling
Set Up

Character Type - Top 3 Power, Gadget, Agility Characters...
Power Characters
Gadget Characters
Agility Characters

Meta Data - Top 3 Highest damage output, top 3 meter building, top 3 traits + top 3 usable supers...
Damage output
Meter building
Trait
Super

Environment - Number of intractables, do they respawn, do intractables extend combos etc...
'Best' Power Stage
'Best' Gadget Stage
'Best' Agility Stage

OP will be updated intermittently

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Can you change the thread title to top 3 of each archetype?

Rushdown:
1. Batman
2. Wonder Woman
3. Doomsday

Zoning:
1. Deathstroke
2. Sinestro
3. Cyborg

Teleports:
1. MMH
2. Scorpion
3. Batgirl

Hybrids:
1. Superman
2. NightWing
3. Harley

Grapplers:
1. Grundy
2. Shazam
3. Bane

Set-ups:
1. Zod
2. Lex
3. Zatanna

Cheese:
1. Black Adam
2. K. Frost
3. Green Lantern

OnlineRon91

Joker++
I'm curious as to what Joker would be considered "best" at lol. Being bottom tier, that's what he os considered best at >_>

Look at Joker's tool kit and your like, oh, that's easy, he is a setup character with his teeth mixups. Keep training, and you'll quickly find out that all characters can wake-up, jump, or roll out of them lmao

miloPKL

I'm curious as to what Joker would be considered "best" at lol. Being bottom tier, that's what hes considered best at >_>

Look at Joker's tool kit and your like, oh, that's easy, he is a setup character with his teeth mixups. Keep training, and you'll quickly find out that all character's can wake-up, jump, or roll out of them lmao

blockstring pressure i would say. Gilbagz , your thoughts?

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I'm curious as to what Joker would be considered "best" at lol. Being bottom tier, that's what he os considered best at >_>

Look at Joker's tool kit and your like, oh, that's easy, he is a setup character with his teeth mixups. Keep training, and you'll quickly find out that all characters can wake-up, jump, or roll out of them lmao
He's still a set up character, he has set ups specifically for tech rolls and some wake ups if I'm not mistaken....

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Based off the Australian Scene

Rushdown
1. Flash: ridiculous walk speed and dash, and once he gets in does his unseeable 50%+ 50/50. Plus with all that ambiguous cross up bull crap, his rush down is stupid
2. Nightwing: has frame traps for days. Feels like you're fighting Johnny cage when trying to poke out of his d1 and 1,f1 pressure.
3. No clue. Batman maybe but I feel Batman is too well rounded to be part of the top 3 rushdown even though his frame traps are stupidly good when you take into account trait cancels etc. then again doomsday with his armour and + frames puts you under ridiculous pressure as well.

Top 3 Zoners
No clue yet. Deathstroke can be annoying if he plays patient and spaces his zoning well. Cyborg ianb sounds stupid in general. Sinestro fear orbs are ridiculously fast but i've yet to fight a good sinestro. Raven has her grabs + demon form stuff but playing jacobs last time wasnt too scary. Ares with his ridiculously fast oh mb projectile needs you to be on point but his zoning isnt too bad after you get some experience. And Batgirl, because you respect the teleport so much her zoning game opens up. But her projectiles themselves arent that strong, with the batarang being duckable and the bola being jumpable on reaction. No opinion yet on mmh.
An honourary mention would have to be black adam. Despite it being jumpable on reaction, you can't confirm whether or not its black magic or not, so an incorrect jump causes you to eat 15%. The chip damage on mb low lightning is crazy. Chasing him down with his mobility is even more annoying. Fighting him in metro roof is like kabal on rooftop day.

Top 3 Set Up Characters
1. Joker: People may disagree but the unblockable set ups he has are stupidly good. Even though he does has issues building that momentum. Once he gets one set up going it continues to loop into itself over and over until they guess correctly.
2. Lex Luthor: i've played your lex enough to realise what happens if i ever give you space to set up lol.

Havent played enough mmh to judge him properly yet. Same with zod. So the list excluded both.

Well rounded
1. superman: decent zoning with outstanding range on his f2,3
2. Wonderwoman: just a well rounded character. Nothing insanely dirty outside of the corner.
3. Green Lantern: decent zoning with good footsies

Ww and gl could possibly switch positions. Dont know enough about ww's midscreen game.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Set ups:

Zatanna - If she hits you with F2,1..... you're going to have a bad time. She has sooo many reset options from f21.

Martian Manhunter
Joker

miloPKL

Espio thank you, can you please just clean the title a little, to "Injustice; Community Overview" has a nice ring to it I think.

@Everyone please provide a small note why you are listing the character for their field so we can all consider your points instead of ignoring them because they are without explanation

thank you

Gilbagz

Joker here~
blockstring pressure i would say. Gilbagz , your thoughts?
Joker is yeah frame trap orientated. Not to the extent of Nightwing and stuff but yeah he just maintains continuous offence till he opens you up for a hard knockdown or a full combo. With a hard knock you can then establish some teeth pressure or take the guaranteed cross up against characters with characters with bad wake ups to continue pressure.
He is set up based though because of his unblockable set ups and corner stuff.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Top 3 Punishers
1. Batman
2. Catwoman
3. Scorpion
To clarify, by punishers, I mean characters who are able to not only capitalize on mistakes in a variety of spacing scenarios, but also able to do so with good damage and/or setup (by good damage, I mean relative to a character's maximum)

Batman can hitconfirm pretty much anything from anywhere with his trait.
Catwoman has MB Dash to punish at fullscreen/far anti-air, safe mixups and fast high combo starters.
Scorpion has teleport, which either leads to a combo and/or vortex attempt. Shame he doesn't have the same kind of damage as the first two though.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
Top 3 Supers in my opinion:

Superman. 2 frames. Full screen. Can punish near anything. Self-explanatory.

Green Arrow. Can activate unavoidable Super after block strings, which can be followed up.

Harley. She's got 50% unclashable combos with Super, without trait buff. As well, her Super can be followed up for extra damage (especially in the corner)/mixups and it can push a large distance toward the corner which is where Harley wants her opponent.

miloPKL

I'm gonna go ahead and give my opinion on this. Feel free to blow me up, my experience is limited - that is why I have put X instead of Y where you believe Y should be.

Fundamental
Superman - Has good zoning, does great damage on hit and chip, huge corner damage, fast movement in air dash and super punch
Aquaman - Controls a huge area of the screen, great BNB damage, great anti air, can win a match without really moving
Wonder Woman - High damage, strong mixup potential especially in the corner, great anti air, decent reach

Rushdown
Doomsday - fast advancing specials, good ranged normals, armor trait to absorb attacks, good oki options
Catwoman - fast advancing specials, fast normals, mix ups, trait combo
Hawkgirl - can make basically anything safe while pressuring with her retreating special, which then provides opportunity for further assault, virtually safe mace charge, MB specials also continue pressure

Zoning
Sinestro - trait has amazing [counter]zoning, MB / nonMB specials are hard to navigate especially with trait out
Deathstroke - great standard fast projectiles, high low and overhead projectiles, unblockable projectiles with trait
Cyborg - instant air projectiles, area of effect projectile, can continually run away with zip line

Hybrid
Black Adam - Good close game, high damage, trait causes unblockable damage, low ranged attack can be MB for advantage, can backdash all day
Nightwing - Fast projectiles, decent range normals and advancing specials, great mix up and rush down, frame traps, air projectiles
Batman - among best traits in game, decent zoning potential, high mobility, double jump, great mixup, divekick, fast normals

thats all i have time for right now here at work.

Mt Mutombo

Banned
Enviroment

Best Power Stages:

Asylum top = You get 2 tvs and the flower that just keeps spawning. G0-to stage vs agile and gadget.
Themiscyra = 4 interactables primed for power characters.
Metropolis Rooftop

Best Gadget Stages:

Batcave both parts
Gotham Alley
Hall of Justice outside
Atlantis
And basically any stage that offers an interactable that you can place s bomb on it and it wont destroy itself is pretty good.

Best Agility

Batcave
Hall of Justice outside
Gotham Alley

I would add stages like Wayne Manor that you can grab the other character and bash em into the car in favor of agility and gadgets. But the most of them can be picked up by power characters.

Damage Output

1.Flash (Retarded damage in both midscreen and corner)
2.Superman (Above average midscreen, retarded damage corner)
3.Black Adam ( Great midscreen, even greater corner)
4. Grundy (grundy crush you!)

Meter Building

1. Martian motherfuckin Manhunter= I can see why Reo picked him up, he builds meter as fast as Kabal does.
2. Green Lantern
3. Cyborg

Trait

1.Batmann (What makes him top tier)
2.Aquaman (Sole reason he wins some matchups i.e Batman)
3.Zod (Broken, great pressure and anti zoning tool)
4.Superman( Gives him 70% combos)
5.Raven(Transforms Raven into the screen itself)
Honorable mention: Sinestro

Super

1.Superman
2.Green Arrow (Death)
3. Bane ( can be confirmed into lvl 3 venom for crazy damage)