What's new

Injustice at MLG Anaheim, "we know it was a mess, we're working on it." says MrAdamAp

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I will say this.

I can respect their acknowledgement over how much of a mess MLG was and their willingness to fix it. It's not like every grassroots tournament ran flawlessly all the time, right? But if they expect to get back into people's good books, my own included, their execution needs a lot of tightening.

After Dallas 2012, I had so much faith in their ability to work in harmony with the FGC that I encouraged n-megabytes for months to come all the way out from Australia and see MLG in its glory. Then the weekend comes and I find myself feeling as if I steered him wrong. That along with the fact that I sponsored some of my fellow RMs for this burns me deeply since NONE of them were happy with what happened, so after Anaheim I plan to be very careful about where I advise players to go to.

To those reading my post, if you're of the mindset in giving MLG another chance, don't let my post dissuade you from doing so. What you do is your own choice, and I've always supported what's best for the community, even if that means standing behind their desire to make it for another MLG season. I admit, some of my views on this matter are personally skewed due to a mixture of guilt and anger, so consider me biased, I suppose.

Goldi

Noob
I talked to a buddy of mine who stream monsters but doesn't hang out on the forums. He thought MLG was canceled because every time he tuned in it was just the logo and music on the screen. There was a rumor that bomb or fire was going to start and MLG didn't want it on stream but didn't want to shut down.

Ok so there are bad tournaments, but MLG turned "**** you guys" into an art with this.

And if you're wondering, I did assure my buddy tournaments rarely end up with the venue set ablaze. But that he would have a lot more fun at a local or grassroots event.

Mst

Noob
One of the problem MLG hat already in the past was communicating with the stream viewers some kind of msg on the stream with "there will be approximately break of 2 hours" or something would have been nice this was already a problem 2 years ago at some of the SC2 MLGs.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I talked to a buddy of mine who stream monsters but doesn't hang out on the forums. He thought MLG was canceled because every time he tuned in it was just the logo and music on the screen. There was a rumor that bomb or fire was going to start and MLG didn't want it on stream but didn't want to shut down.

Ok so there are bad tournaments, but MLG turned "**** you guys" into an art with this.

And if you're wondering, I did assure my buddy tournaments rarely end up with the venue set ablaze. But that he would have a lot more fun at a local or grassroots event.
I was in the woods camping and it was so bad the news reached me lol

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Since i missed mlg when it was live, i went back and tried to watch some of it. Honestly the presentation was hard to watch. Watching "professional" announcers with people in the background hunting for a screen cap was embarrassing. On the same hand its got to be better next time because it coudnt have been worse.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I mean a fighting game is a fighting game, as Pig said on OBS. They have experience with fighting games, at least a few times before. It doesn't matter what fighting game, it's the same format and setup generally every time.

But, given the response (finally), maybe they can get their act together by next year.

It's nice that he acknowledges fucking up big time and he plans to change a lot of things. But it'd be nice to have a bigger statement telling the fgc exactly what they plan on changing. And how they want to work with the fgc to ensure the best possible tournament experience.

I hope MLG learns from their mistakes. But I know it's gonna take a little more than a tweet saying sorry to regain some people's trust.

It's easy for me to forgive, I wasn't there so of course I'm not one of the pissed players that wasted a lot of money and time on this event.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Glad to see they acknowledged it and even though this was my first MLG, I would still go to another one in the future due to hearing from everyone (and watching on stream) how well they were run in the past. Hope IGAU gets another MLG for sure.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I do think MLG will make a statement eventually regarding the issues, if they really are worth their salt. Otherwise, I don't know if I could take what one tweet said seriously.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
If they address the issues officially (because allegedly it was a mess for everyone involved - not just the FGC), then sure next tournament should be on their usual standard.

If that's the only mention we'll see of it, you should go if you're into clusterfucks.