What's new

Injustice 2 will be 3/5 at EVO *pending approval of timer*

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Mr Wizard is listening to the NetherRealm community and is currently fighting to make it work for us to have a 3/5 tournament environment. Considering how mnay games EVO has to fit in, they cannot do 3/5 for all games. MrWizard notes that CEO's Finals lasted 4.5 hours and that is too long for EVO, for one game.

See before for his tweets:

inj2evo1.png

inj2evo.png

Let's face it... we would NOT be cool with Injustice 2 being best of 3 at EVO, so this is great.

*Click images for tweets*

Attachments

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I concur about the timer.

Now what to do with the whiners ala BBC? The screenshots won't help much. I'd like to suggest the addition of the match video. A video is like 1000 pictures, and a picture is like 1000 words, and in its turn a word is like 1000 truths.

Just suggesting the match video to base what you say about the match.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It's totally fine to suffer through not one but TWO Smash party games at EVO and sit through what seems like 12 hours of that shit on day 3, though.

I honestly think dropping the timer is a fine compromise, but it's a bit fucked that Smash still gets their absurdly long games to fly when it's hardly even a fighting game in my opinion. And don't come in here telling me that it's there because a ton of people show up to it. I don't care. Overwatch would get a ton of people to show up to EVO as well if they had it.

I used to make a day of watching the EVO finals. I'd sit through and enjoy games I've never even played like BlazBlue and what not. Smash....no way. I can't take it.

I need a drink.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
yes if u want to trim down time start with the game that consistently has the biggest viewership numbers...
I mean, the Smash community already has 2 games at the main event. Even the Street Fighter Community, arguably the community without whom EVO wouldn't exist, has only 1 game. They don't need to dominate time like they currently do

I don't really see what the issue is here, Injustice 2 finals aren't even on Sunday so it wont be cutting into their schedule. Looking at the archived stream for CEO finals, Injustice has a run-time of 3 hours, not 4.5.

I understand the point that others are making about Smash being time consuming as a fair comparison, but those games have gotten the shaft before in the past as well. I believe in the past Evo had forced their rule-set to include items on, no stage banning, character move-sets legal, etc.

In general I think it is important for tournament organizers to work with their respective gaming communities on an established rule-set and conform to those standards.