What's new

Injustice 2 Watch Tower Stream Recap w/ Robin Gameplay, new select screen, Batman stance and more

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Below is a recap of today's Watch Tower stream put on by NetherRealm Studios. First off, check out the new gameplay trailer of Robin!

Additionally, here are some notes I took from the stream:

• Story mode, most amitious item about the game other than the gear mode. It's VERY cinematic for the DC Universe
  • Gear so appealing, the customization is great
  • There will be lesser-known characters in the roster other than characters like Superman i.e. Atrocitus
  • Returning characters all have new specials - the role the special moves play in creating your character, you'll be able to control your special move(s)
  • No Spaceghost as DLC
  • Same MKXL Netcode and planning to keep improving
  • INJ2 no block button
  • Beta codes out soon? See below!
  • You'll be able to see your friends gear online
  • INJ 2 to have biggest roster and biggest DLC roster of any NRS game
  • There will be a tournament-mode
  • INJ2 story mode the BIGGEST story mode yet
  • You will not be able to pay for gear
  • BETA CODES GOING OUT TODAY AFTER STREAM! - online 1v1 and some gear - FOUR characters playable
  • NOTE: There will be WAVES of beta codes, so if you don't get one right away, DON'T PANIC!
  • Robin is Damien
  • Stream hit 18K viewers
  • Next stream could be in two weeks
  • NRS will be having "Lantern" battles instead of belt battles
  • Ideas on how to do a Lantern battle, tweet it to NRS
Here some some screen shots from the screen that show off Atrocitus gear (DexStar also has gear), the NEW Batman stance and select screen)
inj2batstance.png

inj2streamatro.png

ss.png

Also, check out OUR INJ2 Beta forums here! https://testyourmight.com/forums/inj2-beta.491/

Last edited:

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
I was just joking :)
I did not play first Inj.
I meant, I started with mkx, so it is kind of unusual )

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Robin looked very impressive. I'm sold.

Something I missed about the loadouts - are we able to name them? I noticed they were just called Loadout 1, Loadout 2, etc., when they were doing their fights. I missed a few minutes of the stream here and there though, so I'm not sure if they mentioned naming them or not.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I am beside myself with joy over the Batman stance. Plus you can change character powers! My god would that have been good for Joker, Cyborg, Shazam, Green Arrow and a ton of others! At this rate we'll have tourney mode and gear tournies on the side :D