What's new

Injustice 2 Watch Tower stream announced for Wednesday (Feb 8th, 2017)

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Feb. 8th, 3:00 CST.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/828718375543115778

What are your predictions? Remember we're also getting a new character announcement tomorrow (Tuesday). Think we'll see an in-depth walkthrough of the new character? Maybe another wave of beta codes?

Submit your questions on Twitter using #AsktheWatchtower

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I think the equippable special moves will be shown for Superman and Supergirl, and maybe we'll get another gameplay trailer for an already revealed character(Bane, Poison Ivy, Brainiac or The Flash). Aside from that, we'll get the usual Q&A and a Lantern Battle.

That's what I think will happen.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I think the equippable special moves will be shown for Superman and Supergirl, and maybe we'll get another gameplay trailer for an already revealed character(Bane, Poison Ivy, Brainiac or The Flash). Aside from that, we'll get the usual Q&A and a Lantern Battle.

Ha, yep, sounds like pretty standard procedure. I've learned that I need to not get hyped for the streams anymore. But then I still do anyway. :cool:

I love these. I won't be able to catch this live but I'll definitely check it out later.

I hope they discuss whether there will be any kind of mechanic to discourage rage quitters. They didn't have one for a long while when the original Injustice came out and it was super frustrating.

Also, today's Black Canary video looks like the winners are earning credits instead of gear. Are they switching to a system where you purchase gear with fight credits?

Last edited:
We'll all ask a bunch of questions that they won't answer, except for the softball ones. No "new" info will be gleaned from it, with the exception of a character demo. Maybe a character tease. That's about it.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Th

The website says new character reveal. Why would they show a gameplay trailer of someone we already know is in if it says that?

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
The website says new character reveal. Why would they show a gameplay trailer of someone we already know is in if it says that?
Because we haven't seen gameplay of Poison Ivy or Brainiac; they're totally new, and we have no frame of reference on how they would play. We can probably assume that Flash and Bane would largely play the same, given how Batman and Superman are.

We are getting a new character reveal tomorrow, but the stream isn't until Wednesday. Anything can happen on a stream, we might be surprised by an additional trailer, or we might be surprised by a walkthrough of whoever gets revealed tomorrow. I still say what we end up getting will be Superman & Supergirl gear moves plus the usual Q&A and Lantern Battles. We'll see.

trufenix

bye felicia
Because we haven't seen gameplay of Poison Ivy or Brainiac; they're totally new, and we have no frame of reference on how they would play. We can probably assume that Flash and Bane would largely play the same, given how Batman and Superman are.
Just because characters "play the same" doesn't mean NRS gets the luxury of skipping them. Last week they ran through Batman and Atrocitus even though they in literally every gameplay video and trade show since day one.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure

We are getting a new character reveal tomorrow, but the stream isn't until Wednesday. Anything can happen on a stream, we might be surprised by an additional trailer, or we might be surprised by a walkthrough of whoever gets revealed tomorrow. I still say what we end up getting will be Superman & Supergirl gear moves plus the usual Q&A and Lantern Battles. We'll see.
Oh you meant about the stream. Well Tyler said it won't be Ivy so you can scratch her off. I'm pretty certain we're gonna likely get gameplay breakdown or analysis of the character that's revealed tomorrow

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
Best case scenario is trailer of new character tomorrow, gameplay trailer of already-confirmed character on stream, and breakdowns of characters we still don't know a ton about.

Most likely is a bunch of time spent showing gear or something and a lantern battle.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Dr. FATE reveal tomorrow followed by Spawn reveal amd gameplay on Wednesday. The next day is Flash and WE breakdowns and Aquaman gets added to the Beta.

/thread

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
I hope Wonder Woman is added to beta so we can see what changes they have made to her. She is most changed of returning characters revealed so far, you can't play injustice 1 to practice her combos like you can with batman and superman. Even though beta is only for North America and I can't play, it would be nice to see more of her gameplay.

WATCHD0G

Noob
I hope Wonder Woman is added to beta so we can see what changes they have made to her. She is most changed of returning characters revealed so far, you can't play injustice 1 to practice her combos like you can with batman and superman. Even though beta is only for North America and I can't play, it would be nice to see more of her gameplay.
yeah heright game play is one that I've been interested in for a while. her trait looks really cool

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
The @InjusticeGame twitter pages background is Brainiac. Not sure if that has been changed recently, but I'm hoping that means Brainiac is coming up on the stream next!