What's new

Injustice 2 vs SFV vs Tekken 7 Pros and Cons

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Someone did a sort of pros and cons of each 3 games, in the end it comes down to the consumer really, but damn the SF one looks really bad, besides input lag can be said about any fighting game these days, since its a measure to cather for online responsiveness.

What do you guys think?

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Pushblock is a pro not a con, what a scrub.

SF has always had rough MUs, it doesn't maks it unbalanced, actually it means there's variety in archetypes.

what patching? what is he bitching about shit that hasn't happened yet?

SFV def not fun to watch, might be a good game (is not imo) but not fun at all. I could watch sf4 tournaments all day. sfv 15mins and im done.

In Inj2 he bitches about zoning and in SFV he bitches about rush down, Jesus.

Last edited:
Some Injustice 2 cons are pretty stupid
you can't talk about attendance- patch when it didn't happen so there's a chance it might not happen thats my point

sfv is a mistake for me tbh i loved sf4 so much and sf4 but sfv is just awful
tekken 7 i've never been a fan of tekken can't say much about it but i can see that tekken 7 is doing well unlike sfv

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The "NRS infamous patching" its just a quote based on NRS history of patching previous games, its like a yellow flag saying.

If you never played NRS games before, be aware that there is a high chance that the game will get patched constantly.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a tekken player made these charts? It's got ALOT of bias towards tekken lol.
not really, i play the 3 games and i can say that T7 is pretty legit and its a safe bet from a consumer stand point, you will know what you will get and you know what's up, but it seems to me a SF player made this chart, because they seem to hate the game a lot.

That t7 con about the huge learning curve is what worries me most. I've only played tekken a few times and it was a long time ago on an old arcade cabinet. I tried learning the movement in ttt2 but that shit is hard af, I'm still getting t7 tho and I'm probably gonna buy crown 309mj lever to help with the wavedashing.

armani

Noob
That t7 con about the huge learning curve is what worries me most. I've only played tekken a few times and it was a long time ago on an old arcade cabinet. I tried learning the movement in ttt2 but that shit is hard af, I'm still getting t7 tho and I'm probably gonna buy crown 309mj lever to help with the wavedashing.
I love Tekken. been playing it my entire life lmao

The best advice I can give to anyone is to find ONE character, and stick to that character. Things will eventually start to glue together for you. The good thing about the game is that you have access to a buttload of arcade footage to go through and boom you'll be ahead of the learning curve game by default.

The way you feel about Tekken is the same I feel the same way with Injustice tbh, this game is crazy at a high level with the cross up/meaty setups and situations

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Tekken is a game you should learn at your own pace.

Tekken used to be the family game here, everyone has a character in there, and in holidays, family meetings and parties, we all used to play for fun, i honestly only started to play tekken competitively since 2012 when TTT2 came out, and even then, i'm still trying to master movement ever since, it gets better everytime i play, i can safely say that i know a bit more about the game, gameplans, and my main than i did when TTT2 dropped, but i'm still a scrub honestly, so i take my time and learn things at my own pace, including muscle memory, this game takes some time invested on.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
According to DIsplay lag MKX has 6.4 frames of Input lag.
Street Fighter V after the patch has 6.5 frames o input lag.

I would image Injustice 2 is similar to MKX and around 6.4 frames of input.

So input lag should also be a negative on Injustice 2.

armani

Noob
I can't say I've played Tekken "competitively" but I got really invested into the online scene on Xbox, especially during the Tekken 6 era.

Time is a definite definite factor, like I've spent hours upon hours trying to learn Nina's iWS loops and I still haven't gotten it down. But the thing that's good about Tekken is that (in some ways) you have the freedom to determine your own setplay, the game offers more than enough character archetypes, and it's overall fun once you get the hang of it. I can't say that I've ever really had an issue with movement, but also I've spent dedicated amounts of time playing every installment since 3 so it's kind of second nature I guess, idk

All in all though, if you want to learn movement, just play the game, a lot. (And also check out this video this is a classic)

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
This list is pretty spot on. Makes perfect sense to me.

Injustice has NRS legacy behind it which means presentation (besides in game bars) and attention to detail. But also the known patching problem and characters being easily counter picked in Injustice.

Everyone knows about SFV's problems. It does have a major balance problem among other things big (content/balance) and small (P2 rematch).

Tekken is the only legacy game that tries to enhance and reiterate what works. So you end up with the major problem being that it's hard. If it wasn't for the difficulty, I would say Tekken easily becomes THE game in the e-sports FGC scene.

Quick thing about the injustice cons. That person could just not like how pushblock operates and doesn't see how it works within NRS systems.

And NRS zoners are known for their more oppressive full screen lockdown not usually seen in other fighters. While SFV has a heavy offense random crush counter throw loop problem.