What's new

Injustice 2: "tragic events can bring the dark side out in anyone", Boon teases

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
So, at this point you should know that we're expecting a tidal wave of news, hype and excitement to surround the the desolate, silent space we've filled while waiting for Injustice 2 news. I have one question for us all...

Are we ready?

See the most recent teasers from Ed Boon:

inj2t.png

Source: https://twitter.com/noobde

inj2wall.jpg

Other recent articles from TYM:
So, let me ask again...

ARE WE READY?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Regular superman gonna be all like "ohhh why did you do the thing, ya shouldnt of done that!" and they gotta break out regime superman to stop him.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
Thing that pisses me off is that tomorrow we will see a cinematic and not an actual gameplay or character release Video ...
Maybe some teases in the Cinematic.

Reddit post says with over 40 playable DC hero's & villains !!!!!

I hope it's correct.

What I really want to know is how many Arenas(Stages)

Gamer68

Fujin!
ARE WE READY?
No. I would rather go back to having no news for 4+ months and be in a total drought of all things Injustice 2. /s

In all seriousness, I hope they reveal more than Darkseid (because he was super predictable) and we actually see some new gameplay, or at least get a lot of new details. While I'm sure that's probably going to happen, part of me is preparing to be disappointed with getting nothing but an all-CGI "get hype" trailer that doesn't actually reveal any plot details (and only cuts to random groups battling out while applying vague narration on top of it all -- like the reveal trailer) and the only new content it teases is Darkseid -- which it also follows up with begging you to pre-order the game to play said character. And honestly I don't care for those types of trailers.

It would be awesome if we get something like the Mortal Kombat X story trailer. Or even if it is an all-CGI "get hype" trailer, at least show more than Darkseid. Captain Cold? Doctor Fate? Those are characters we have known that are going to be in the game since the beginning, but still haven't got a 100% confirmation on it -- and it would be nice to finally get that. Or even anyone else would be nice. We know that Cyborg and Green Lantern will most likely be in the game, Ed teased Black Canary, Black Adam, and Hourman. He said that Zoom had a chance, and even straight-up asked if we wanted Beast Boy. Literally any one of these would be fine, just show someone other than Darkseid.

I'm just worried that we are going to get something that actually doesn't reveal much of anything and then have to wait a month to get more news... I think this drought is making me go a little bit crazy. I can't wait. But I'm worried. What if the drought never ends? WHAT IF IT NEVER ENDS!?

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
No. I would rather go back to having no news for 4+ months and be in a total drought of all things Injustice 2. /s

In all seriousness, I hope they reveal more than Darkseid (because he was super predictable) and we actually see some new gameplay, or at least get a lot of new details. While I'm sure that's probably going to happen, part of me is preparing to be disappointed with getting nothing but an all-CGI "get hype" trailer that doesn't actually reveal any plot details (and only cuts to random groups battling out while applying vague narration on top of it all -- like the reveal trailer) and the only new content it teases is Darkseid -- which it also follows up with begging you to pre-order the game to play said character. And honestly I don't care for those types of trailers.

It would be awesome if we get something like the Mortal Kombat X story trailer. Or even if it is an all-CGI "get hype" trailer, at least show more than Darkseid. Captain Cold? Doctor Fate? Those are characters we have known that are going to be in the game since the beginning, but still haven't got a 100% confirmation on it -- and it would be nice to finally get that. Or even anyone else would be nice. We know that Cyborg and Green Lantern will most likely be in the game, Ed teased Black Canary, Black Adam, and Hourman. He said that Zoom had a chance, and even straight-up asked if we wanted Beast Boy. Literally any one of these would be fine, just show someone other than Darkseid.

I'm just worried that we are going to get something that actually doesn't reveal much of anything and then have to wait a month to get more news... I think this drought is making me go a little bit crazy. I can't wait. But I'm worried. What if the drought never ends? WHAT IF IT NEVER ENDS!?
this is basically exactly what i've been expecting tbh

a cg trailer with a few fight scenes and maybe some sort of new but vague story details

maybe flash shows up again finally, maaaaaaybe some captain cold or something

i don't really have any hopes in terms of any sort of reveals at this point

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Nah the Reddit dude is referring to the mobile leaks

You know like they will have Powergirl and Supergirl as seoerate characters on mobile

When in game it just be Supergirl with The ability to make Powergirl out of gear

Gamer68

Fujin!
Nah the Reddit dude is referring to the mobile leaks

You know like they will have Powergirl and Supergirl as seoerate characters on mobile

When in game it just be Supergirl with The ability to make Powergirl out of gear
Oh, well I'm still pretty interested. I've looked around but I can't find anything about that. Do you have a link?

Gamer68

Fujin!
OH CRAP! I THINK I KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN!!

Well, not really. But here's a guess about the story stuff: In the teasers so far, it shows Superman holding Lois Lane's dead body (assuming) at an unknown location. He's wearing his new suit, and all the other teasers seem to take place in present day, so I'm assuming, well, it's present day. In the reveal trailer an unknown character (maybe Ra's Al Ghul) mentions the Lazarus Pit -- which can be used to resurrect people. How much do you want to bet that Superman is going to try to resurrect Lois Lane? I mean, why else would Superman have Lois' body? And he doesn't look sad or mad or anything. So what's he doing with that body?

In the Metropolis stage, in the second area (outside), there are statues of Superman hold Lois' body just like in the teasers. You can see what I mean by pausing the video on this timestamp:

Skip to 9:42

What if he does it and it works? And that's why the build statues, to showcase an incredible moment?

They can also use this as a way to resurrect Shazam, Green Arrow, Lex Luthor, The Joker, Nightwing, and any others who died during the events of the first Injustice (not saying that they all why be resurrected, I'm just saying they could).

But maybe something goes wrong? I read that the Lazarus Pit gives you "temporary insanity", but I wonder if there's any longer, more permanent side-effects?

Of course this isn't going to be the main plot-line, obviously either Darkseid, Brainiac, or both invade the world. But it would make for an interesting sub-plot, and maybe a bigger focus on it in the comics?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Three ideas I can gather from these teasers:

1. Present day Superman is experiencing what happened to regime superman

2. The game is a flashback or a prequel to the events of Injustice 1

3. "the lines redrawn" could mean Superman has teamed up with Batman once again to stop this "new threat" or has made allies with the enemy to help him reclaim his power.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I bet Superman will be a villain but not the main threat. He and Batman will probably have to work together at some point. Mind you that the only surviving members of the insurgency are Batman, Deathstroke, Batgirl, Zatana, and Harley. I guess you can count Flash as well so the lines being redrawn could just mean that the insurgency is getting restructured with characters like Blue Beatle joining.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
If Batman becomes the head villian in an alternate universe and finally lets out all his pent-up rage with no limiter, that's dope.

Who needs Evil Superman when you have Evil Batman to outsmart him and build a technological empire.