What's new

Injustice 2 Pro Series Grand Finals – Sep. 17th at the AVALON Hollywood

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Press release below:

Today Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced the first-ever Injustice 2 Pro Series Grand Finals, the final tournament for the Injustice 2 Pro Series, a global four-month online and offline competitive season for the critically-acclaimed Injustice 2 video game from NetherRealm Studios.

The Injustice 2 Pro Series Grand Finals will take place at the historic Avalon Hollywood in Los Angeles on September 17 from 10 AM - 7 PM PST, where the top 16 Pro Series finalists from North America, Europe and Latin America will compete head-to-head for a chance to take home the $200,000 USD grand prize. To purchase tickets to the Injustice 2 Pro Series Grand Finals, visit www.injustice2proseriesgrandfinals.com.

Injustice 2 fans can support their favorite Injustice 2 competitors by purchasing the gold Tournament Shader that is available now in game for all characters on both PlayStation®4 and Xbox One platforms. A portion of the proceeds will go to support Injustice 2 tournaments and community events.

The Injustice 2 Championship Series is the competitive program for professional players in the Injustice 2 Championship Series Presented by PlayStation®4, a global esports program created in partnership with ESL, Gamelta esports Professional League, GameStop, IGN Brazil, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Twitch to further build the fighting game community around the world. The program offers amateur and pro players throughout North America, Europe and Latin America a chance to compete in different series, including the Injustice 2 Pro Series, Injustice 2 GameStop Hometown Heroes, Injustice 2 Path to Pro Tournament and Injustice 2 Liga Latina, for a portion of a $600,000 USD prize pool.

For more information, visit www.injustice.com/esports.

Attachments

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
awesome...

16 players seams so small.... they should consider swiss rounds or something. Double Elimination Knock Out is just not needed for such a small group and it seams such a shame to have the best players in the world and not have them play for a decent amount of time.

Swiss for those that do not know is just sort of round robin. So players play almost every other player and earn points instead of "wins". Winning obviously gets the most points. Then the two highest points go into a grand final.

May not be the best way.. I'm not a TO. All I am saying is that with all that talanet and only 16 people, there might be better ways to do the event rather than elimination brackets which are specifically designed to churn through large numbers.

Also how about bets Fto10 or something for Grand Finals!

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
That is awesome! I do think that at least in the future they should make top 32 rather then 16, but it's still awesome regardless. Good luck to everyone in the tourney!

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
$8.00 to watch this live? LOL. I have no idea how they think they're gonna fill the Avalon like this.