What's new

Injustice 2 Patch (TODAY) Notes including Wi-Fi indicators and more

AssassiN

Noob
I use a wall adapter. Is that Wi-Fi or wired?
My guess is that they can only look at the console to see if it's using the wi-fi or cable connection.
In other words: is cable plugged into the console => not wireless.

So people can still be hiding their wireless connection if you connect the console to an access point.

They can work really well, usually always better then wireless, but still not perfect.

The big problem with powerline adapters though is your house/apartments wiring, shitting wiring can make it less effective. Usually for older houses.
Don't ask me any details on how that works or makes sense, it's just what I have been told.
They can work extremely well to poor, it depends on:
  • Devices itself(max download/upload speed, good quality, ...)
  • How many are plugged in
  • Electrical circuit in the house(old houses will not work good with these)
  • Plugged into wallsockets immediately
I'm using them myself, I have no issues with them.
My connection is stable and my ping is excellent, I'm not using all speed that my provider has to offer(getting 90 Mbps instead of 100 Mbps). Will not work great for everyone.

Maasik

Noob
Theres nothing wrong with having a wireless connection.. just stick to your Overwatch's and Mario Kart's and Rocket League's. In a game genre based on reaction times and quick decision making, please keep your fluctuating connection to yourself.. I dont need that kind of negativity in my life.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
There's got to be a wireless adaptor we can plug in and use rather than the PS4 one so that it can appear as if we're wired... There's got to be a way...

WiFi warriers, do not give up hope yet!

The question is, how much will this really change in the normal online scene? Ranked will remain the same, only people will be extra salty if they get paired with someone who is on wifi. And are people really going to spend 15+ minutes declining match after match in player match until they eventually find someone who is wired (and still could have a shit connection)?

There's got to be a wireless adaptor we can plug in and use rather than the PS4 one so that it can appear as if we're wired... There's got to be a way...

WiFi warriers, do not give up hope yet!
Anyone who doesn't have the setup to accomodate true wired but has a free power outlet near their console should invest in a powerline adapter. It's a huge step up from wifi.