What's new

Injustice 2 numbers for EVO revealed, no 8AM pools

DeftMonk

Noob
The problem isn't with SF getting more numbers, the Smash games also have a lot more numbers, so that's not the issue. The problem is that despite IJ2 being a much newer game then BBCF and UMVC3 and has more numbers then each of them, it's still on Saturday, and it's because that the EVO guys disrespect the NRS community and it's games, so they don't advertise the game enough for EVO and make sure that people won't mind that it doesn't show on Sunday.

I see that you've ignored the video I've just showed you. Guess you just hear and see what you want to hear and see.

NRS games are as competitive as they should be. Every game has this kind of stuff just like in the SF5 vid I've just showed you. I guess that means we should give Capcom and SF5 the same treatment right? And as for the Zoning, there are ways to deal with it just like in any game. That's not what gonna kill a game.

And for the record, polygon issues don't help that much either.
I didnt ignore the video you posted but its not a whiffing issue its a input delay issue. Many pros complain sfv's input delay caused them to not be able to make reads on reaction and that's the outcome. Whiffing issue on the level of injustice would be like zangief is in ryu's grill. Zangief hits down heavy kick. Does not connect. Ryu crouches in an attempt to block the low (that should have swept him) with the reaction speed of an elderly mullosk. Zangief tries his overhead string. Whiff City. SHORYUKEN!!!

DeftMonk

Noob
As someone who also plays SFV then you haven't been paying attention lol. There are tons of hitbox/hurtbox issues in SFV that they've been fixing over the life of the game.
To be honest that could also be true. I stopped playing that game a long time ago since I thought it was shit. (Played sf3/4 religiously)

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm ok with I2 being Saturday, makes sense.

BB getting Sunday over GG is dumb though.
And I say that as someone who thinks BB is way cooler then GG.

Tekken 7 definitely deserves it's spot.

And Marvel was the fan game, and it's the last year Marvel 3 will be there, so it deserves it as it's last hurrah.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I didnt ignore the video you posted but its not a whiffing issue its a input delay issue. Many pros complain sfv's input delay caused them to not be able to make reads on reaction and that's the outcome. Whiffing issue on the level of injustice would be like zangief is in ryu's grill. Zangief hits down heavy kick. Does not connect. Ryu crouches in an attempt to block the low (that should have swept him) with the reaction speed of an elderly mullosk. Zangief tries his overhead string. Whiff City. SHORYUKEN!!!
To be honest that could also be true. I stopped playing that game a long time ago since I thought it was shit. (Played sf3/4 religiously)
Yes this is an input delay issue, but it has relations to unwanted whiffing. As I've said earlier, issues like this or similar like this, can happen in any game. And @ImperatrixSindel just told you (and he says he plays SF5) that SF5 also have hitbox/hurtbox issues that still be there or have used to be there.

On top of that, if you stopped playing SF5 because you thought that it was shit, how can you compare between that and IJ2 in any regard (like whiffing issues) and saying that SF5 is a much more competitive game then IJ2? You stopped playing both SF5 and IJ2, so basically, for you, both games aren't competitive enough.

I mean, no offense, but like I said before, if you're gonna complain, at least be reasonable and consistent with your rants.

DeftMonk

Noob
Yes this is an input delay issue, but it has relations to unwanted whiffing. As I've said earlier, issues like this or similar like this, can happen in any game. And @ImperatrixSindel just told you (and he says he plays SF5) that SF5 also have hitbox/hurtbox issues that still be there or have used to be there.

On top of that, if you stopped playing SF5 because you thought that it was shit, how can you compare between that and IJ2 in any regard (like whiffing issues) and saying that SF5 is a much more competitive game then IJ2? You stopped playing both SF5 and IJ2, so basically, for you, both games aren't competitive enough.

I mean, no offense, but like I said before, if you're gonna complain, at least be reasonable and consistent with your rants.
Sorry if I sound a little bit negative, just disappointed in our numbers being so low. I quit sfv not because of bugs, but because it was a very dumbed-down sf. The design of some of the characters (even older chars with very tough execution) was turned into something like a game for children. I still play injustice, I Just sincerely hope that the fixing the plethora of hitbox issues/balancing can bring more competitive players.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Yup. This is what happens when everyone thought it was going to be 2/3, the 3/5 change wasn't really officially announced, Injustice 2 at EVO itself was hardly advertised, and the biggest issue is that finals are on Saturday. There's no reason Marvel or BB should be on Sunday over Injustice 2.
BB usually has pretty strong overseas comp so that being on Sunday is understandable. As for Marvel, I mean its Capcom. What do you expect?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
BB usually has pretty strong overseas comp so that being on Sunday is understandable. As for Marvel, I mean its Capcom. What do you expect?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not the least bit surprised. It's just frustrating being treated this way and a lot of people in our community seem to have zero issues with it.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Sorry if I sound a little bit negative, just disappointed in our numbers being so low. I quit sfv not because of bugs, but because it was a very dumbed-down sf. The design of some of the characters (even older chars with very tough execution) was turned into something like a game for children. I still play injustice, I Just sincerely hope that the fixing the plethora of hitbox issues/balancing can bring more competitive players.
As I've said earlier, the problem isn't IJ2's numbers in comparison to those of SF5, but it's that fact that IJ2 isn't on Sunday while it clearly should've been.

As for IJ2 itself, any hitbox/hurtbox issues can happen in any fighting game, as well as similar issues, like both myself and @ImperatrixSindel told you, that's not what's gonna kill a game, as these are essentially bugs from the kind that can be found in any game regardless of it's genre. IJ don't get that many players because the community itself prefers MK over IJ (that's the case with me as well) but also because other communities don't treat any NRS game with the proper respect even when NRS games prove time and time again to be competitive and show more focus to the scene in addition to the casuals. As said by Maximillian, issues like dumbed-down mechanics, which is probably going to be the issue with MVCI when it comes out, that can turn people from playing a game on a higher level.

Skedar70

Noob
Yup. This is what happens when everyone thought it was going to be 2/3, the 3/5 change wasn't really officially announced, Injustice 2 at EVO itself was hardly advertised, and the biggest issue is that finals are on Saturday. There's no reason Marvel or BB should be on Sunday over Injustice 2.
It has nothing to do with that. MK is a more popular franchise than injustice so a lot more casual players participated in the tournament. This only the second injustice game.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
The finals being on Saturday wasn't even the biggest issue. It helped some players since they could get flights on on Sunday and go back to work for Monday. The issue was the back and forth with if the game would be 3/5 or 2/3. We kept getting different answers from wizard on how we could get 3/5. When he finally decided to compromise and give us 3/5 it was way too late. The deadline was about a week away. People didn't know if they could get off work probably or even care. The fact it took so long to get a 100% yes on the rounds wasnthe biggest issue. Not the no Sunday spot.

Also for those of you who are like oh why marvel. Its cause they won the donation charity drive. You know the thing nobody donated to to help get mkx at evo. The game everyone loved but let die and dropped hella quick. Lol

The finals being on Saturday wasn't even the biggest issue. It helped some players since they could get flights on on Sunday and go back to work for Monday. The issue was the back and forth with if the game would be 3/5 or 2/3. We kept getting different answers from wizard on how we could get 3/5. When he finally decided to compromise and give us 3/5 it was way too late. The deadline was about a week away. People didn't know if they could get off work probably or even care. The fact it took so long to get a 100% yes on the rounds wasnthe biggest issue. Not the no Sunday spot.

Also for those of you who are like oh why marvel. Its cause they won the donation charity drive. You know the thing nobody donated to to help get mkx at evo. The game everyone loved but let die and dropped hella quick. Lol
I still wouldn't have given a single dollary do to that donation drive because I don't agree with the concept. but I would have donated to the MKX side tourney donation drive If it was still a thing RIP.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator

Lol
Well, you're right. I'd say they're both pretty big issues. But the uncertainty of the actual rules of the tournament definitely is a big deal when you're planning on spending a lot of money to go to the event.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Also, the input issues were also a factor. There's a few people I've seen who usually participate in tournaments that actually said they wouldn't go until it was fixed. And that combined with everything else, it is not surprising at all our numbers didn't break 1,000.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
In a way, you can't blame them... the players are going where the money is, especially now that sponsorships are so huge. Speaking of...

DeftMonk

Noob
Well anywho for anyone goin HURRAY THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT TOURNAMENT!GL TO U GUYS! PLS DONT PLAY BADAM/AM lol.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I read through this thread, and 99% of the people replying to this thread have no idea what they're talking about. This is just another case of people jumping to self-hate when they didn't actually look at the facts.

This has nothing to do with INJ2 -- the numbers are down across the board.

SFV 2016 Entrants -- 5065
SFV 2017 Entrants -- 2622

Snash 4 2016 Entrants -- 2637
Smash 4 2017 Entrants -- 1514

Melee 2016 entrants -- 2350
Melee 2017 entrants -- 1435

There are less entrants for EVO actoss the board. Which will mean less random people to enter Inj2. Did you really think the 1100 entrants for MKX were all our community? No. That included hundreds of players from other games. So when there are less people playing other games at EVO, we get less random entrants.

People didn't even read the other numbers because thety were so eager to find a reason to bash our community. This needs to stop.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Also, the input issues were also a factor. There's a few people I've seen who usually participate in tournaments that actually said they wouldn't go until it was fixed. And that combined with everything else, it is not surprising at all our numbers didn't break 1,000.
It has absolutely nothing to do with this. Look at the EVO numbers for most of the other big games.