What's new

Injustice 2 Next Patch Wishlist (Buff Cheetah!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

I have some ideas that NRS might want to implement in the next patch. I've made this thread, so we can openly discuss what changes should be made to characters in Injustice 2.

Here are a few ideas:

• Give Cheetah a Crawl Move: (Concept) Make Cheetah cancel into Crawl while she's in her Blood Lunge stance. For example: Hold forward while in Blood Lunge (BF3) to initiate a Crawl; a way to get in if the opponent wants to keep throwing projectiles. It also fits the theme of Stalking like a cat. The Crawl could also be made slow, but low profiles during almost all active frames, making it a good pressure tool.
  • Meter-Burn Joker's Trait: We all know Joker's trait is almost useless close-range. It has slow recovery making him look like a fool in the neutral, and you can't activate it during combos. Being able to Meterburn his trait could be so he can instantly go up to Level 3 trait, with faster recovery, and more combo potential. Either that, or just make each level of trait have faster recovery.
  • Cancel Joker's Crowbar (BF3): Being able to dash cancel Joker's BF3 would make him have better pressure.
  • Make Supergirl's B2 an Overhead and -8 on Block: Supergirl can have a tough time opening people up sometimes. She has good mids, but they're all unsafe. Her B2 1+3 ends in an Overhead and is -35 on block. I think if they just make her B2 an OH instead of a Mid and -8 on block, then she'll have true 50/50s. I'm honestly not a big fan of Supergirl. But I think this will help her in a way, so people won't totally ditch the character.
I'd like to give credit to my friend LimuLimvy (Twitch name) for coming up with these interesting ideas for Injustice 2.
I hope you find these ideas inspiring for anyone who want to see changes to these characters. I can't wait to hear all of your cool ideas. I will be reading the comments! :)

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
  • A new crawl move sounds a bit drastic for dealing with Cheetah's problems against zoners. I don't play Cheetah much but her forward dash and walk speed are pretty good if I remember correctly.
The Crawl could also be made slow, but low profiles during almost all active frames, making it a good pressure tool.
Well...no actually it wouldn't because it's slow. If it low profiles most of the time sure I guess but unless it low profiles low pokes you won't get any pressure because you'll just get poked out.
  • Joker meterburn trait sounds alright, although Joker already feels quite reliant on his meter. To have it as an option would still be nice though.
  • Isn't a crowbar dash cancel kind of redundant because he can already dash cancel his gun?
  • if they just make her B2 an OH instead of a Mid and -8 on block, then she'll have true 50/50s
    Supergirl has problems (fight me Rexxy) but a lack of true 50/50s ain't one lol.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Just let it play out for a bit longer. The general consensus on a current "top tier" is full of legacy characters and Deadshot. Deadshot being a fairly easy character to pick up and compete with and we've had years to get familiar with the legacy characters for the most part.

As a community we need to flesh out the new guys a bit more as well as the game mechanics themselves before we hunt for changes.

It ain't broke. Don't fix it.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Joker can use his trait mid combo though.

Also B12 and B21+3 is a pretty hard mixup to react to already. They're both the second hit of each string and they come out so fast that you can't really discern which string it is before you get hit.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Make cheetah's stance db3 instead of bf3. Zoning in this game is very strong and the input requires you to stand and press forward. So you aren't ducking or blocking.

Give Cheetah's MB F3 parry immunity. Parry F3 all you want but let the MB count as armor against it.

Please let Cheetah's stance low profile full screen HIGH omega beams.

She's really fun so this is a wish list. Darkseid omega beam thing has to be an oversight though. I can't believe it's intentional. I can duck but not low profile in stance.

Edit: General system change... Change how long game holds directional inputs. Its a back/down to block game. A lot of times when you want a normal that requires a direction, game still has the back/down in memory and an undesired special comes out.

Last edited:

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Cheetah is fine.

Some of the Injustice 1 characters and a few Injustice 2 ones are just too good at the moment. Lets hope they get taken down a peg and then we can discuss the changes to the roster.

JesterSMX

Fuck. No. Listen you people just need to actually stop. GAME ISN'T EVEN A MONTH OLD. Hold your fucking horses. I am actually getting angry now. This is just a bunch of nonsense. We know nothing. Even if we THINK we know a lot, we know actually nothing. Fucking. Stop.
It was my comment about Omega Beams wasn't it? Haha Like I said it's a wish list.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
It was my comment about Omega Beams wasn't it? Haha
i didn't even read that, it's only half intentional. Omega Beams have semi tracking, the hit box changes depending on how the opponent moves and sometimes you get hit crouching. it's not just a Cheetah thing.

EDIT: But it's VERY unlikely that you get hit while crouching. idk how often she gets hit by omega beams in her stance.

bane was fine in igau you just needed to learn the match-up tbh
I never understand people saying that Bane was overbuffed. Sure, "overbuffed" to like 8th on the roster, oooh so crazy. I guess he's not allowed to be a top ten character.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Fuck. No. Listen you people just need to actually stop. GAME ISN'T EVEN A MONTH OLD. Hold your fucking horses. I am actually getting angry now. This is just a bunch of nonsense. We know nothing. Even if we THINK we know a lot, we know actually nothing. Fucking. Stop.

Pfft. I have played like 5 ai matches as Robin in the Multiverse. I know what I'm talking about.

Requested changes:

Robin -

1. Faster. Everything. Always.
2. No more falling out of strings after a juggle. Adjust my timing and tighten up you say? Puuuushaawwww I say to you sir. I shall do no such thing.
3. I have a goddamn sword. My normals should swat most projectiles out of the air. Ideally so I can just mash 212 or whatever and not have to worry about things like "reads" or anything to advance on zoners.
4. Trait should do things. More things. Probably Oki related things. I don't know.

Atrocitus -

1. Dex needs to come out faster. Buy some fucking canned food. He will come out super fast. I can't mindlessly summon him, this is wrong.
2. Damage. Someone probably does more than Atrocitus. Black Adam does. This is wrong.
2. Projectile. I want one. Not just cat floaty cat turd.
3. Buff the above suggestion into suggestion number 3, up from it's current number 2. We already have a second suggestion, making the second second suggestion redundant.
4. Since we buffed the second second suggestion into the first third suggestion, we need to make the second third suggestion the first fourth suggestion.
5. It's probably more of a bug fix, but since we made the second second the first third and the now second third the first fourth the second fourth should have it's input changed to make it similar to the not-yet-made sixth suggestion.. this will keep things easy to understand and correlate as we won't have a second or third fourth or third suggestion but instead have only a single fifth and sixth, this will complement our now first second, first third and first fourth suggestions by rounding things out nicely with s first fifth and first sixth.

If someone proposed a second sixth suggestion then fuck them in the ear with a roofing nail.. Who do you think you are,Needy Nancy?

Last edited:

JesterSMX

i didn't even read that, it's only half intentional. Omega Beams have semi tracking, the hit box changes depending on how the opponent moves and sometimes you get hit crouching. it's not just a Cheetah thing.

EDIT: But it's VERY unlikely that you get hit while crouching. idk how often she gets hit by omega beams in her stance.
There is one area of regular omega beams that stance can low profile. About 2/3 full screen. Everywhere else she gets hit. She can duck all of it but can't low profile with stance. Hits register as high and stance low profiles mids. Stance is useless in the matchup and she needs it to navigate heavy zoners. Not bitching about zoning. I like chasing people down if my tool set works.

Status
Not open for further replies.