What's new

Injustice 2 in PC?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Hey fellas,

I'm not holding any promises that it might be out in PC, because I have no information about it, but a friend asked me to ask around about it. Since they learned about QLoc working on MKX in PC, they're eager to see Injustice 2 in PC. Do we know if they will release it in PC?

The answers and the ball on you.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
wait what? Are you saying injustice 2 is coming to PC?
I remember discussing the PC requirements with some of my sparring partners, but right now I'm getting worried I might be getting confused with ME Andromeda as google isn't finding me results.

@Tanno I might have been wrong.

EDIT: Yep, I fucked up. My bad.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Probably will be release next year as some kind of ultimate/complete edition .... seems NRS learned about their mistakes with MKX, and might release a PC version just later, in order to deliver a better/optimized version without bugs and glitches ....
A better way to learn their lesson would have been to just give the porting in the hands of Qloc instead of High Voltage, as their work on MKXL wasn't bad at all.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Even if it is released for PC, I wouldn't trust it. NRS PC ports have a terrible track record.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I dunno why people think NRS personally ports to the PC or even have a choice in who ports it. WB chooses the porters, all NRS does is hand the code off to them.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I dunno why people think NRS personally ports to the PC or even have a choice in who ports it. WB chooses the porters, all NRS does is hand the code off to them.
I didn't meant to say NRS was directly responsible for the port. I meant ports of NRS games have a shitty track record. Hopefully they stick with Q-loc and are able to rebuild the reputation of NRS games on pc. I'm just dubious after being burned multiple times.

trufenix

bye felicia
They aren't going to miss out on that sweet sweet master race money but it'll be a long time before WB tries the whole pc port in parity with consoles shit again. Expect an announcement near or shortly after console release.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I only remember them saying it was likely, but nothing specific as to when or certainty. I'm going to be shocked if PC doesn't get it, but it's really not looking good for parity with the console release.

High Voltage ports have a terrible track record. Q-loc has a great one and put out the dumpster fire that was the MK X port. If they give it to them, I'd be willing to trust it. I'm just not waiting around for a year to get it this time.
I'm not willing to blow them off. I started of with MK on PC and the main issue for me was more the feature and content lag than it was the technicals. I'd really rather not have a major release gap, but they wouldn't be the only ones doing it *cough* aksys *cough*.

The post launch support of the game across the board was really strong though, and even though it took them awhile to figure out how to fix the situation, they made it a point to make sure everyone has the same product in the end and things were done for things in MKX that just aren't normally done. I think they put in enough effort and work to warent another shot.

Generally speaking I really want to support PC fighters too. Somebody has to be buying them if we are going to have them made. I'm still uncertain about what I think if Tekken, but when Tekken 7 comes out I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it on PC and only on PC.

If my PS4 wasn't so handy (vs my PC) and it wasn't so hard to find people to play I would probably just be playing MKXL on it. I almost never use my PSN account to play online anymore, so it might be nice to just not pay for something you simply don't have to on pc, especially when it often feels like a better network.

Thingy

Retired account
Probably will be release next year as some kind of ultimate/complete edition .... seems NRS learned about their mistakes with MKX, and might release a PC version just later, in order to deliver a better/optimized version without bugs and glitches ....
Yeah, man. MKX on PC was a total mess, no idea why the PC gaming community would even buy another NRS product.

If fighting games are your thing, you are just best off getting a console for them. XB1s and PS4 are cheap as hell now.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I only remember them saying it was likely, but nothing specific as to when or certainty. I'm going to be shocked if PC doesn't get it, but it's really not looking good for parity with the console release.

I'm not willing to blow them off. I started of with MK on PC and the main issue for me was more the feature and content lag than it was the technicals. I'd really rather not have a major release gap, but they wouldn't be the only ones doing it *cough* aksys *cough*.

The post launch support of the game across the board was really strong though, and even though it took them awhile to figure out how to fix the situation, they made it a point to make sure everyone has the same product in the end and things were done for things in MKX that just aren't normally done. I think they put in enough effort and work to warent another shot.

Generally speaking I really want to support PC fighters too. Somebody has to be buying them if we are going to have them made. I'm still uncertain about what I think if Tekken, but when Tekken 7 comes out I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it on PC and only on PC.

If my PS4 wasn't so handy (vs my PC) and it wasn't so hard to find people to play I would probably just be playing MKXL on it. I almost never use my PSN account to play online anymore, so it might be nice to just not pay for something you simply don't have to on pc, especially when it often feels like a better network.
I agree with pretty much everything you're saying, but I just really want the larger player base that ps4 is going to have, and I don't expect PC to get a release until after the game is finished. I might even pick it up then if it means I don't have to pay to play online, which as a purely pc gamer up until this point is a strange and foreign concept to me.

Because I play on keyboard, I have to buy a damn $150 converter because I don't want to relearn Injustice from scratch, meaning I'm about to drop more money on one game than I ever have before. Would be real nice if I didn't have to do that.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I agree with pretty much everything you're saying, but I just really want the larger player base that ps4 is going to have, and I don't expect PC to get a release until after the game is finished. I might even pick it up then if it means I don't have to pay to play online, which as a purely pc gamer up until this point is a strange and foreign concept to me.

Because I play on keyboard, I have to buy a damn $150 converter because I don't want to relearn Injustice from scratch, meaning I'm about to drop more money on one game than I ever have before. Would be real nice if I didn't have to do that.
So,... you were doing all your optimal D'Vorah exploration stuff on a keyboard? You are a rare bird. I don't know if I should give you respect, call you crazy, or do both.

I ended up buying a PS4, fighting pad, PS4 MKXL, and later a second copy of MKXL, after having MKX on PC. Then I bought KP2 on PC. I'm pretty sure MKX holds the "most I have ever spent on a game" title for me.

Paying for the PS network blows. I'm not real convinced it's the ideal network for the FGC to be using either, but then I'm not really an expert on the matter.

The whole PC thing is just a fad. No one plays games on computers anymore. They are only useful for doing taxes and looking up bible quotes.
I have done both of those things recently, but I've also played some games. I guess that confirms I'm a nobody, since only nobody is into that sort of thing. Maybe if I stay on PS4 I can be somebody again.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
So,... you were doing all your optimal D'Vorah exploration stuff on a keyboard? You are a rare bird. I don't know if I should give you respect, call you crazy, or do both.
Probably neither. If you're used to it, a keyboard is basically a cheap hitbox once you get it all set up. My execution is truly terrible without it and still pretty bad with it, overall. No clue how everybody else seems to get by with using pretty much just their thumbs, honestly.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Have you guys ever tried to play the Steam games with the official PS4 and X1 controllers? I can officially play MKXL with PS4 controller, FYI.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Have you guys ever tried to play the Steam games with the official PS4 and X1 controllers? I can officially play MKXL with PS4 controller, FYI.
I dont even use a ps4 controller on ps4. I have a Hori pad I use on both. It has a PC setting that works better for some games too, but I usually just leave it set to ps4 when I can.

It's wired though, so imagine connecting an official pad via Bluetooth would be something extra to work through. The pad situation on PC is a little fragmented, so it's not uncommon to need more than one type of pad to cover all your games, or lean on some mapping application.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I expect that Injustice2 will eventually come out for PC... just not at launch.

Yeah, man. MKX on PC was a total mess, no idea why the PC gaming community would even buy another NRS product.
The PC port is as good as the console, better in many ways. It started off terrible, but it is 100% fixed now.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
The whole PC thing is just a fad. No one plays games on computers anymore. They are only useful for doing taxes and looking up bible quotes.
Sorry, that is just 100% bullshit.

PC sells more games every year than PS4 and Xbone COMBINED... facts.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I gave up on NRS games on PC, but there is good news. If you dig SF you have SFV. Also, Tekken 7 and Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. That's what I'll be playing.